What stats do you use exept Berserker's and Viper's for Open World?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For open world? Definitely only Berserker's and Viper's. There is literally no reason to take anything else, because everything dies so quickly you don't need any defense in the form of toughness or vitality. You might need to use a bit more skill in HoT and PoF maps (including their respective LS maps), but other than that other stat combinations don't hold anything over Berserker's and Viper's, in my opinion. It's different in instanced content, but we're talking about open world and not PvE in general, so I'll leave that out of the equation.

@Ben K.6238 said:Depends on the build. I have somewhere between 20-30 characters and most of them use different stat sets.This is definitely me. I have two of every class and for most I have a power and a condi version, with a couple that are more boon support. I run very few pure stat builds with armor usually having sustaining stats (carrion, Valkyrie, etc) and trinkets having the aggression stats, but each one is tailored to what I want to do for that class & focus (power, condi, heal, boon).

Right now I'm using an almost full set of diviners on my S/P alchemy Holosmith pirate to reach the 100% boon duration. I'm enjoying some perma everything except alacrity, aegis and resistance which is really comfortable for soloing, deals excellent independant damage, as long as I drink my rhum elixirs.

It greatly differs from each character as I only play meta builds optimized for raid content despite being solo 98% of the time. Plus each character has a different build than others. Mostly they're all raid top tier meta (as far as it goes for my mained and most used characters) while the other rest is designed depending on the whole character's aesthetics and backstory. With over 30 characters I have all professions while some are doubled or even 6 times there (guardians for example) but they all use different builds fitting to, as I said, the whole character's nature and backstory. But you can safely say that the mainly used characters all have fully ascended and raid optimized top tier builds.

Note: Could we get a rework/update with the poll-system on this forum? We run into this issue often enough to finally put it on the to-do-list. Poll where people can choose more than one option?

@ topic: I try to avoid Berserker's and Viper's. Instead I rather mix other stats and use only a few pieces with those stats. The most common ones I use are Marauder's, Grieving, Assassin's, Commander's, Diviner's and Bringer's. Currently working on a build that finally uses Vigil stats, always wanted to make a build with that stat-combo. Witchdoctor is also on my to-do-list. That is where 99 % of my money goes ^^.

I use mostly Marauder (with some Berserker, I think) with my Elementalist, but to be honest I'm not sure that it's worth it - I'm not convinced that I actually benefit from the extra Vitality.

I use Grieving with my Guardian (Firebrand), with bonus burning duration from other sources, and it feels hilariously overpowered. I haven't actually tried measuring the damage output, but it honestly feels like the game has been hacked or something.

I have 11 permanent characters, although I haven't got a proper equipment set on all of them yet, some are still using whatever they found. Stat combinations I'm currently using are:CelestialKnightsMarauderMarauder/CarrionRabidRabid/SinisterViper's

I tend to avoid glass cannon builds (and therefore pure damage stat combinations) because I don't want to have to time my dodges perfectly, kite effectively etc. all the time when I just want to wander around Tyria for a bit in the evening. Also I like to be able to take any character into WvW when I feel like it without having to change everything. Other than that I go by what works with the skills I want to use and what I think fits the characters 'theme'. For example I made my guardian tankier than most my characters because I love the idea of this tiny asuran girl with a giant sword holding off all the enemies.