Those Mallyx changes, Anet please be careful. - Yikes it's happening!

Shao.7236

Mixed feelings about EtD, it was already strong as hell.. Feels like huge power creep.. 5 seconds like CtA to avoid burst spam would be more reasonable if you want more people to play it.

CtA is an "okay" buff, I just don't know how to feel about the lack of uniformity compared Phase Traversal, both skills are offensive with a different purpose, yet both are extremely vulnerable under their use. Making CtA less expensive feels like a bit of bias and unwarranted.

I have been playing Mallyx at high level for a while now and finding ways around out it's tools and weaknesses was really fun and challenging, but if it starts being too easy to play. It's gonna lose it's charm and get some weird nerfs afterwards that I would really dislike seeing those killing the legend as it tries to keep a relevant identity.

I'm all for more people playing it but don't make it too easy and strong at the same time, it was already in a good spot since the Pulsating Pestilence, True Nature changes and even more with EtD and CtA tweaks, now it feels like way too much power.

Thank you.

Edit: Power creep replacing Power creep.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shao.7236 said:

@Kahrgan.7401 said:Doesnt feel too powerful to me, cta seems to be in just the right spot.

I was pretty scared at first, but it does feel just right. I'm happy about that. That AoE pull is extremely strong on people trying to kite.

Mallyx feels really smooth to me now. Feels like they hit the sweet spot with it. I only roamed with it (core Mallyx/Jalis) for a couple hours last time because of time constraints, but it felt fantastic that entire time.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:omg rev is not even meta anymore, we get little buff ... not even to our sustain and ppl start crying

Current Mallyx is really bursty compared the old. Just wanted to make sure it's not getting out of hand.

2IsyFKo.jpg

I mean @Shao.7236 is right. It is incredibly bursty with the elite.

It was far more bursty before the changes. Especially if they attempted to rez someone and you put 3 anguish on them in a row. Easy 40 stacks right there in 3sec

Also we dont really have other conditions to cover torment (1 cleanse and its all gone) unlike necro who just takes a glance at you and you end up having 9 random conditions.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:omg rev is not even meta anymore, we get little buff ... not even to our sustain and ppl start crying

Current Mallyx is really bursty compared the old. Just wanted to make sure it's not getting out of hand.

2IsyFKo.jpg

I mean @Shao.7236 is right. It is incredibly bursty with the elite.

It was far more bursty before the changes. Especially if they attempted to rez someone and you put 3 anguish on them in a row. Easy 40 stacks right there in 3sec

Also we dont really have other conditions to cover torment (1 cleanse and its all gone) unlike necro who just takes a glance at you and you end up having 9 random conditions.

Sure, old Mallyx had its burst potential. I cannot deny that. Using triple UA on downed cleave was incredible and I do still miss that particular aspect of it. However, it was dependent upon your enemy actually eating your AoEs, which could vary greatly depending on their awareness and skill level. With the way EtD works now, you are able to maintain a fluid playstyle while you burst your opponent down. Even being able to maintain pressure while using defensive skills is an extremely powerful advantage. I played a lot of Mallyx pre-rework and while it felt more clunky after the initial rework, it still had solid potential. I absolutely hated it the first time I tried it because as a primarily solo roamer, not being able to chain UAs to kite and reposition was a HUGE blow to my playstyle. However, the latest changes they have made have really smoothed out the cracks from the rework. I think it is in a good spot now, and in my experience better than it was pre-rework.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Arkantos.7460 said:omg rev is not even meta anymore, we get little buff ... not even to our sustain and ppl start crying

WHAT?!!!!

I am not sure when you say "old," not sure which version you are talking about. Condi rev at the end of HoT was far stronger than it is now. And the current CtA is garbage. I have not seen anyone play condi rev, in any combination in PvP, and have it remotely work.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Arkantos.7460 said:omg rev is not even meta anymore, we get little buff ... not even to our sustain and ppl start crying

There's no trolling about 20 stacks every 10 seconds, given the opportunity.

You think 20 stacks of torment every 10 secs is strong?! Man, I can probably do more than that in burns, as Sage FB, in the same time window plus multiple cover condi including chill and weakness, plus much better sustain. And Sage FB is by no means a top tier build.

Condi rev maybe cool in PvE. PvP, it is not even mediocre. It is garbage.

@Scoobaniec.9561Before, you had to play as a bruiser and just leave an AoE here and there if you had the opportunity given because it was also a kitting tool. EtD was too slow to apply damage, not rewarding as it would do more harm to be unblockable and unblindable than not because now you can remove these factors via multi hits of the AoE that in the following allows to land weapon skills as well as multiply the torment much more reliably because people can't just run out of it they have to also run away from you.

Stats didn't really do much either.

@otto.5684I wasn't there pre hot but it wasn't bursty as far I know, it was the lack of condition cleanse in the overall game that made it feared. It showed overtime how the legend was outdated.

If you're saying that condi rev doesn't work, I can prove you wrong, I play it all the time at the highest levels. It has it's weaknesses to heavy CC but that's about it, it's not like anyone would disagree that Spellbreaker and Holosmith aren't on the lowest scale of the skill ceiling anyway, they are overtuned and needs tweaking. It definitely takes more effort to play condi rev than it does of many builds outside but it sure is more than playable.

To me 20 torment is strong and that's the average in from a 4 second burst, it can be much worst if whoever you attack has nothing left to stay away from you. Up to 30 torment if anything.

I just can't agree that Condi Rev is garbage, it just has a high skill ceiling compared the meta and it's in the best spot it has ever been. I don't want it to change any further.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:I mean, I'd give the bonus stats back to Mallyx elite just for that hybrid build potential, but that's about it. I do have some wishes but overall feel that Mallyx is at long last in a pretty good place for what it's trying to do.

Not a bad idea, but personally, just raising the base damage from the skills could also work as well. Like they did with CtA.

Am I the only one that wishes mallyx had boon stealing or corruption instead of just ripping them? I feel like when it was weighed boom corruption and theft was super rare but since pof it’s all over the place and a plain boon rip just feels... meh

@Doto.6357 said:Am I the only one that wishes mallyx had boon stealing or corruption instead of just ripping them? I feel like when it was weighed boom corruption and theft was super rare but since pof it’s all over the place and a plain boon rip just feels... meh

I'de like to see the corruption of said Boons, that way as a Condi Rev I would have some cover conditions so my Torment isn't as easy to cleanse off, lol.

@Odokuro.5049 said:

@Doto.6357 said:Am I the only one that wishes mallyx had boon stealing or corruption instead of just ripping them? I feel like when it was weighed boom corruption and theft was super rare but since pof it’s all over the place and a plain boon rip just feels... meh

I'de like to see the corruption of said Boons, that way as a Condi Rev I would have some cover conditions so my Torment isn't as easy to cleanse off, lol.

As much as I would love to have legit corrupts, I just think it would be too much powercreep because of how spammable the skill can be. I do think another more reliably accessible condition would be nice though. My personal wish is for Opportune Extraction to apply poison when ripping a boon.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:I mean, I'd give the bonus stats back to Mallyx elite just for that hybrid build potential, but that's about it. I do have some wishes but overall feel that Mallyx is at long last in a pretty good place for what it's trying to do.

I disagree. they need to find a way to roll the condition transfer from Herald into the Demon legend itself not an elite spec or legend swap

As much as I would love to have legit corrupts, I just think it would be too much powercreep because of how spammable the skill can be. I do think another more reliably accessible condition would be nice though. My personal wish is for Opportune Extraction to apply poison when ripping a boon.

if you are spamming it you going to be out of energy soon and wont be able to do anything else. the energy system alone balances that. Its one of the reasons Herald is so good because its legend skills are good yet dont have energy cost on the consume skills. Demon is a core legend and everything has cost. only 2 cast from out of combat

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I disagree. they need to find a way to roll the condition transfer from Herald into the Demon legend itself not an elite spec or legend swap

Can't really say much on that because as much as I like Revenant, I haven't touched Herald (because it bores me) in a long time. As in back before its major rework. And so I STILL dont quite know what it all does anymore.

But yeah, better condi transfer is one of my hopefuls, especially as the legend swap trait has a pathetic radius.