Thanks for the heads up on the next patch, but it looks like you forgot a small change since you left us with these abominations for the next 3 months:
- DT pchrono still exists, doing way above average dps (37k) just because it relies on slow uptime which it contributes 0% of. Alternatively, you can stack 7 of these higher-than-average dps roles to maintain both perma-slow and perma-quickness for a whole raid squad without any boon duration investment, eliminating the need of a quickness support and achieving unprecedented levels of dps. pChrono shouldn't be doing ridiculous amounts of damage considering how easily it can generate its own boons, and its reliance on a condition it doesn't even apply seriously needs to be reviewed.
- Danger Time + Seize the Moment allows hybrid chronos to do almost as much damage as a dps condi scourge (28k) whilst providing almost perma-quickness for a subgroup/party with no boon duration investment (whilst under the same conditions for DT pchrono). Why play trash tier dps specs when you can do the same damage AND supply one the most important boons in the game at the same time???
- Lost Time doesn't deserve to exist in the grandmaster trait slot anymore, especially with the 3s ICD. It's now a complete garbage trait that doesn't even stand a chance against the other two, WAY more useful traits. I literally cannot see where it would be taken over Chronophantasma or the new Seize the Moment in a practical sense, EVER.
Doing this might also remind you that:
- You promised to update some of weapon traits, especially the ones that give bonus stats. Well, Fencer's Finesse screams HELLO, since other similar traits give +120 ferocity PASSIVELY and another easy +120 for just equipping it. What's this measly +150 that can only be obtained by stacking hits beforehand only using the appropriate weapon?
- Core mesmer is the only core profession with absolutely NO way to increase its crit chance, especially given that you've butchered external sources of precision. The amount of assassin's gear needed to reach the crit cap is plain stupid.
- Danger Time could be a lot more dangerous if it was placed a grandmaster slot. Lost Time is lost... it needs help.
- PvP chrono is still kinda dead from when you accidentally killed it, since this change won't even seem to matter.
- The changes that keep being released is only making mesmer more and more unbalanced and unnecessarily complicated. If changes were reverted back a year, mesmer would probably be A LOT more balanced than it is now and easier to change according to the meta. Changes don't need to be made for the sake of making new problems.
Leaving us with these only tells us that you actually don't care about balance at all and that all these repeated balance changes are meant to be treated as literal jokes. Having to wait in 3 month intervals, whilst pointing various valid areas of improvement and QoL, only to get meh changes like this simply feels depressing.
Currently meme’ing on core mesmer for PvE content.