Minor Improvement Request: Black Powder

Kageseigi.2150

Random thought for a QoL improvement.

Back in the day, you could shorten the distance of Heartseeker by moving your camera to look straight down. In doing so, you could easily get 4 leaps through a Black Powder smoke field. Unfortunately, that "bug" was fixed. Now, it's much more difficult to get the full 4 leaps without leaping next to a wall. So here's my suggestion...

Extend the smoke field of Black Powder from 4 seconds to 5 seconds. Everything else will stay exactly the same. There will still only be 3 pulses of Blind (at 0, 2, and 4 seconds). The 5th second is only there to allow more time to get the extra leap in.

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:It was shorten for the very reason of limiting the number of leaps.

Is that true? I don't see anything in the wiki about the duration being shortened.

Right after the Action Camera was implemented, I asked the dev in charge of it if he could add a way for us to shorten Heartseeker with it like we could do with the normal camera. He said that he wasn't aware of that ability, and that it must be a bug...

So they eventually "fixed" the bug. Though I figured it was just to make the skill function consistently, not to limit the number of leaps possible through Black Powder.

@Kageseigi.2150 said:

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:It was shorten for the very reason of limiting the number of leaps.

Is that true? I don't see anything in the wiki about the duration being shortened.

Right after the Action Camera was implemented, I asked the dev in charge of it if he could add a way for us to shorten Heartseeker with it like we could do with the normal camera. He said that he wasn't aware of that ability, and that it must be a bug...

So they eventually "fixed" the bug. Though I figured it was just to make the skill function consistently, not to limit the number of leaps possible through Black Powder.

My memory got it mixed up. They shorten the blind duration, not the smoke duration. And yeah, you're right, it was the camera update that limited the number of leaps.