Can we talk about the real problem in WvW for a sec?

patton the great.7126

Fix the uneven ground. SEVEN years....7.....There is literally no reason why after all these years we should still have "Can't see target" When we are 1 foot away from the target facing them on what should be an Open field. The Alpine BL's are ridden with this Plague. Please if your not gonna ever give us anything new, atleast fix this before the game ends. Just give us this. I mean think about it, a small ass modding community can put out hundreds of new maps for games like ArmA 2, BF2 Forgotten hope, DC, Project reality etc etc, but we still have 3 maps in 7 years and this games being run by a AAA company with unlimited tech resource. Just give us something, fix the old maps, or maybe perhaps 1 new map? I mean you pump out PvE maps like their going out of style and most never see much play ever again after a few months of the living world being out, atleast we'd make use of it. Forget the alliance crap, just give us comfort before the end.

Line of Sighting is a combat strategy. It allows decisionmaking from commanders, one side can get your group more space to work with whereas another can give safety from ranged pressure. It even allows flanking from single players or going down at a location where you can potentially be ressed.

Yes I agree we could use new map every year or so but I do not agree that having flat ground with 0 LoS options would be more fun. Fights at each tower and camp are different.

@Threather.9354 said:Line of Sighting is a combat strategy. It allows decisionmaking from commanders, one side can get your group more space to work with whereas another can give safety from ranged pressure. It even allows flanking from single players or going down at a location where you can potentially be ressed.

Yes I agree we could use new map every year or so but I do not agree that having flat ground with 0 LoS options would be more fun. Fights at each tower and camp are different.

Re-read what was said. I'm not talking about tactical LoS, been doing it for years since SWG(A game that took 1,000 times more skill to PvP at then this) I'm talking about map design made worse by years of neglect. There is no tactical reason why areas of SEC, NEC, or SC on alpine BL's should ever have invalid paths to target when there isn't a darn thing between attacker and prey.

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Yeah, sure, that isn't the real problem though and by making threads like this you muddle the discourse and create a bunch of noise that gives excuses not to see the real "real" problems :/ .

That is your Opinion, but I'm speaking from the view of a Solo roaming, zerg busting, hard workin, scourge destroying, power playing, no good raggidy ass roamer. Obviously my opinion is void and QoL things for the actual PvP'rs of this mode should be disregarded for the K-train babes who have to stick tight to their healer's teet! If their healer dies well shoot, may aswell Xfer to that bloated server at the top, more heals!!!! Alliances wont save this game, alliance battles from gw1 are proof enough this game mode was finished before it ever launched with the backing it had, best thing to do now is make it a fun experience during the last days of this game mode.

@patton the great.7126 said:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Yeah, sure, that isn't the real problem though and by making threads like this you muddle the discourse and create a bunch of noise that gives excuses not to see the real "real" problems :/ .

That is your Opinion, but I'm speaking from the view of a Solo roaming, zerg busting, hard workin, scourge destroying, power playing, no good raggidy kitten roamer. Obviously my opinion is void and QoL things for the actual PvP'rs of this mode should be disregarded for the K-train babes who have to stick tight to their healer's teet! If their healer dies well shoot, may aswell Xfer to that bloated server at the top, more heals!!!! Alliances wont save this game, alliance battles from gw1 are proof enough this game mode was finished before it ever launched with the backing it had, best thing to do now is make it a fun experience during the last days of this game mode.

Speak the truth brother!

@patton the great.7126 said:

That is your Opinion, but I'm speaking from the view of a Solo roaming, zerg busting, hard workin, scourge destroying, power playing, no good raggidy kitten roamer. Obviously my opinion is void and QoL things for the actual PvP'rs of this mode should be disregarded for the K-train babes who have to stick tight to their healer's teet! If their healer dies well shoot, may aswell Xfer to that bloated server at the top, more heals!!!!
Alliances wont save this game, alliance battles from gw1 are proof enough this game mode was finished before it ever launched with the backing it had, best thing to do now is make it a fun experience during the last days of this game mode.

More reasons for other games and more games to make fun of Guild Wars 2??

So why not join them??

+1I completely agree

@Burnfall.9573 said:

That is your Opinion, but I'm speaking from the view of a Solo roaming, zerg busting, hard workin, scourge destroying, power playing, no good raggidy kitten roamer. Obviously my opinion is void and QoL things for the actual PvP'rs of this mode should be disregarded for the K-train babes who have to stick tight to their healer's teet! If their healer dies well shoot, may aswell Xfer to that bloated server at the top, more heals!!!!
Alliances wont save this game, alliance battles from gw1 are proof enough this game mode was finished before it ever launched with the backing it had, best thing to do now is make it a fun experience during the last days of this game mode.

More reasons for other games and more games to make fun of Guild Wars 2??

So why not join them??

+1
I completely agree

Honestly I'm not sure why people forget how great Alliance battles were in gw1. Then of course it died a quick and painfully aware death. PvP has always been a sideshow for this game series and i'm totally fine with that. I know there's more people that play this for the story, thats fine, I just wish they would give us a bone every now and then. Maybe fix some of the glitches that have existed for years, maybe a new map once and awhile, maybe make our leggy armor actually look legendary (we pay just as much and honestly I'd argue the mistforged is much harder to get then any PvE set for those of us that don't k-train). Maybe stop in and say hi wvw'rs nice to see ya once and awhile. WvW still holds a fair amount of people's interest and I just hope they don't forget that.

No he's right. I was at Speldan and unloaded with Rapidfire….and the screen lit up as Target Blocked. There were no objects, and i'm standing on the NPC's foot...and then switched Axe/Axe...again....Target Blocked.....and I had incoming enemy players....and there was an invisible piece of map that was blocking my shots. Now there has been quite a few times like that inside Moles except i'd be fighting other players...and it would be Target Blocked....and there's absolutely NOTHING between me and the target. It's like there were objects, but only their visual pixels were taken out, but the physical pixels were LEFT IN...

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:The real fix is to embrace the fact that this is a pve game, then delete wvw and spvp from the game.

I soo want to argue that...

But I can’t...?

WvW is PvPvE.

You want PvP go SPvP...

?.

Given all the threads you’ve created asking for changes to make this game more like another, I am surprised that:

• you actually play WvW
  • You don’t go back to WoW.

This isn’t, nor was it ever meant to be, WoW. This game was always to be something different.

When you actually realize that, you will do one of two things:

• enjoy this for what it is
  • Go play the other game.

Good luck to you.

@Opal.9324 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:The real fix is to embrace the fact that this is a pve game, then delete wvw and spvp from the game.

I soo want to argue that...

But I can’t...?

WvW is PvPvE.

You want PvP go SPvP...

Yes, WvW is
PvP
vE. People who don't want PvP should stay in PvE.

WvW is PvPvE. People who don't want PvE should stay in SPvP