Legendary rune/sigil not working

oldkat.1075

Just to remind that even after all this time since the launch of the legendary rune/sigil they still dont work.

Same problem as previously reported, choosing the rune and accepting sometimes will not change the rune internally, it will report the correct choice but it will be like the rune is not even socketed, the only solution to this problem is to remove the rune entirely resocket it and choose again, but even this method is not full prove as it only works sometimes.

As you can imagine this problem becomes harder to deal when the runes that you chosen have a bonus effect that is not passive, since you cant test if they are working you just have to hope that they are after a couple of resockets.

I would think that a feature so hyped by arenanet should at least work.

ty for your time and patience

To clarify the situation:

If one uses one or two legendary runes together with five respectively four exotic superior runes of the same type, the legendary runes provide the first bonus(es) of the superior rune a second time.

I now have tested it with 2 legendary runes and 4 exotic superior runes. It's the same result - the 2 legendary runes give the 1st and the 2nd bonus of the rune a second time.

[what follows is a copy of my original bug report]One legendary rune and 5 exotic runes of the same type don't give the 6th bonus, but the 1st bonus a second time.

My test results:

1) Rune of Dwayna

Tested with exotic wanderer's light armor.

• with only 5 exotic runes (foot armor without rune): 19492 health

• with 6 exotic runes: health was 21441

• with 5 exotic runes and a 6th legendary rune (at foot armor): health was 19492

<-- no 10% health increase with the legendary rune.

2) Rune of the Pack.

Tested with a mix of ascended celestial and marauder armor

• with 6 exotic runes: Precision was 1410

• with only 5 exotic runes (foot armor without rune) Precision was 1285

• with 5 exotic runes and a 6th legendary rune (at foot armor): Precision was 1285

<-- no increase of precision with the legendary rune.

2b)

• with 5 exotic runes and a 6th legendary rune (at leg armor): Precision was 1285

--> so the effect is not limited to the foot armor.

3.) Rune of the Dolyak

• with only 5 exotic runes : toughness was 1371 (foot armor without rune)

• with 6 exotic runes: toughness was 1496

• with 5 exotic runes and a 6th legendary rune: toughness was 1396 (at foot armor) (100 less than with 6 exotic runes, but 25 more than with only 5 exotic runes)

! --> As if the one legendary rune would give the 1st bonus of the superior rune of dolyak again!

4) Rune of Melandru

Sample test, whether the legendary rune acts as a second 1st-grade melandru-rune

• only 5 exotic rune (no rune at foot armor): toughness was1371

• 6 exotic runes: toughness was 1371

• 5 exotic runes of melandru and a legendary rune of melandru: toughness was 1396

--> the test passed --> the assumtion seems true.

It seems that:

When a legendary rune is used together with five exotic runes of the same type the legendary rune gives the 1st bonus of the superior rune a second time.

I hope this helps and that you can fix it.

Thank you for all your work. Really. Thank you! :)

Best regardsAndreas

• 2 months later...