September Monthly Automated Tournament

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello!Sorry for the late update. We're not having a monthly tournament this Saturday.While a full fix to tournaments are still some ways off, we're hoping to have some tools in place soon that would allow us to run tournament and more reliably fix them should something break.

We'll have an update on tournament status by Tuesday next week!

@knite.1542 said:Hoping and Soon.

Buckle in everyone. This is going to be a long ride.

Well.. my old pitchfork is blunt and all my torches are extinguished... no point keep sharpening the tips or burning more sticks for the global warming strikeforces to cry foul over, so just gunna have to play some more Simon & Garfunkel hits a whiles - hmm Bridge over Troubled Water it is :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:To be fair the coding is probably done already, they are just waiting for the cosplay merchants to finish sewing up the loose ends and putting outfits up for sale first.....

While sarcastic and exaggerated I think this is close to the truth.They have to make sure they don't break anything else while fixing stuff.And this combined with the low priority PvP seems to have, is probably the reason things always take months.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hello!Sorry for the late update. We're not having a monthly tournament this Saturday.While a full fix to tournaments are still some ways off, we're hoping to have some tools in place soon that would allow us to run tournament and more reliably fix them should something break.

We'll have an update on tournament status by Tuesday next week!

BEN, can u feel our pain ...

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey all. Just got the news a few minutes ago. We're a go to run a "monthly" tournament this Saturday October 5 at noon PDT.

A few notes. The tournament infrastructure still has some big flaws to fix. What we've done for now is gotten more robust tools to try and resolve issues with the tournament manually, should they come up.

Even given all this, I want to be clear that there is still a chance something could go wrong that we're unable to recover from.

We're still in progress on the full fixes we need. Expect to hear more about them in the future.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all. Just got the news a few minutes ago. We're a go to run a "monthly" tournament this Saturday October 5 at noon PDT.

A few notes. The tournament infrastructure still has some big flaws to fix. What we've done for now is gotten more robust tools to try and resolve issues with the tournament manually, should they come up.

Even given all this, I want to be clear that there is still a chance something could go wrong that we're unable to recover from.

We're still in progress on the full fixes we need. Expect to hear more about them in the future.

Beats not having it. Thank you

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all. Just got the news a few minutes ago. We're a go to run a "monthly" tournament this Saturday October 5 at noon PDT.

rly.. you give us a hand full days time to plan the weekend and make sure to be there + rebuild a team after months of break without a clear date.... i would at least give ppl around 2+weeks time. Now this mAT will be more boring then ever beforeAt least you talk with us ! thumbs up for that

@Nicolo.2418 said:

rly.. you give us a hand full days time to plan the weekend and make sure to be there + rebuild a team after months of break without a clear date.... i would at least give ppl around 2+weeks time. Now this mAT will be more boring then ever beforeAt least you talk with us ! thumbs up for that

ahh....yea kinda agree lol

@Nicolo.2418 said:

It sounds more like they want to do a live test on their new infrastructure, than just restart the tournaments. I think it's a good call, even if the notice ended up being short, because it'll give them a better idea of what needs to be fixed or strengthened.

It sounds more like they want to do a live test on their new infrastructure, than just restart the tournaments. I think it's a good call, even if the notice ended up being short, because it'll give them a better idea of what needs to be fixed or strengthened.

well -the mAT tournament is an competition for a super rare item and titel "Best of the Best". Sure, for many ppl from other gamemodes its just sth you can get free 25g or more but all in all its sth, ppl train for months to get better and maybe win it. If they wanna test it - OKAY but that delets the competition factor of this tournament and make it kinda worthless. Ofc.. better then nothing - but i didnt done 1-2 daily ATs every day for no mAT and after that break in which ppl stoped playing together, without any clear comback date, there it is.. i totaly love the game but damn god .. the communication and timing are so bad... im spechless.

I was looking forward to doing my first mAT today, but i'm at 95 qp and i won't be able to enroll with my team. Worst of all is i missed out on first place at prize in july when the tournaments started to bug out, thus not receiving my rewards (and qualifying points). I'm asking if there is anyway a dev can help me so that i could enroll with my friends for my first mAT. Thanks in advance.