Question about the new shades — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Question about the new shades

So let me see if I’ve got this right:
A. Not using shades removes any benefits from the two minor traits and sadistic searing, lowering dps.
B. Using shades against a boss that moves means that I lose dps by them constantly moving out of my shades.
C. My shade damage comes from torment, a condition that does more damage when enemies are moving.
With that information stated, my question is: What is the “purity of purpose” regarding shades?

Comments

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's almost like whoever is designing Necro has no clue what they are doing...

R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

• @Swan.9815 said:
    So let me see if I’ve got this right:
    A. Not using shades removes any benefits from the two minor traits and sadistic searing, lowering dps.
    B. Using shades against a boss that moves means that I lose dps by them constantly moving out of my shades.
    C. My shade damage comes from torment, a condition that does more damage when enemies are moving.
    With that information stated, my question is: What is the “purity of purpose” regarding shades?

Correct on all three points. The answer to your question is "why would an Engineer trait matter to a Necro?" At least, you know, according to the devs.

Plague Signet is the only skill in the game that is worse when traited.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.