Please Undo all your balance kitten for PVE Mesmers since you just proved to us you can — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

Please Undo all your balance kitten for PVE Mesmers since you just proved to us you can

I just want everyone to know yes I am not the best at playing the Mesmer profession but this is way to far, every other class gets nerved respectfully and yet PVE Mesmers dont count in the Respectfully category cause they get the pvp and wvw nerves on top of whatever you deem for pve which makes absolutely no sense since pve content is different then pvp and wvw combined why should I not be allowed to play my Mesmer in pve the way I did 2 years ago when I got hooked on this game. I'm sorry I care more about PVE then pvp and wvw combined, for all the haters out their I'm not saying I don't play either pvp or wvw I just prefer pve, I enjoy the complexity of fractals but I want to play it the way I did 2 years ago not this whole oh you only do like 1kdps because that's how bad it is these days. I have a fully geared Mesmer for fractals that I cant enjoy playing which sucks cause I spent 2 years of my time gearing that character and for what so you can listen to the whiners on the forums that probably haven't even played the super complex class and only faced them in pvp/wvw not pve. PVE is what, Fractals, Raids, story, and living world, and what does pve not in tale player verse player content so why does pve based play matter so much for complaints in pvp playstyle it shouldn't mater in the slightest bit and you have proven today you can fix it with your newest "Build Balance patch" all I'm asking for is to undo all the pvp limits you have for some reason decided pve needed so I can enjoy my build and my character again that I spent 2 years making

Comments

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @KiritoAsuna.2863 said:
    I just want everyone to know yes I am not the best at playing the Mesmer profession but this is way to far, every other class gets nerved respectfully and yet PVE Mesmers dont count in the Respectfully category cause they get the pvp and wvw nerves on top of whatever you deem for pve which makes absolutely no sense since pve content is different then pvp and wvw combined why should I not be allowed to play my Mesmer in pve the way I did 2 years ago when I got hooked on this game. I'm sorry I care more about PVE then pvp and wvw combined, for all the haters out their I'm not saying I don't play either pvp or wvw I just prefer pve, I enjoy the complexity of fractals but I want to play it the way I did 2 years ago not this whole oh you only do like 1kdps because that's how bad it is these days. I have a fully geared Mesmer for fractals that I cant enjoy playing which sucks cause I spent 2 years of my time gearing that character and for what so you can listen to the whiners on the forums that probably haven't even played the super complex class and only faced them in pvp/wvw not pve. PVE is what, Fractals, Raids, story, and living world, and what does pve not in tale player verse player content so why does pve based play matter so much for complaints in pvp playstyle it shouldn't mater in the slightest bit and you have proven today you can fix it with your newest "Build Balance patch" all I'm asking for is to undo all the pvp limits you have for some reason decided pve needed so I can enjoy my build and my character again that I spent 2 years making

    Hi and hello.
    I understand that playstyles of mesmer were removed from the game ( im farily new and didnt get to experience them myself :/ ) but mesmer is not all that bad in pve at all.
    Pchrono is not far behind other power dps for casual groups, and condi mirage i find really good. Try power chrono with S/S + GS not the best dps but pleasant and consistent.

    Mesmer is not even too strong in pvp, just VAST majority of players gets fooled by illusions. Against a good player clone is a thing that can be shattered against you, against a medicore or bad player its technically entire skill soaker.
    and the chrono changes? WvW players are upset, PvP players are upset, PvE players are upset, PvForum players are upset. nobody likes it but its here to stay, and i bet its just a warm up for another swing.

  • Painbow.6059Painbow.6059 Member ✭✭
    edited September 28, 2019

    Mesmer is an incredibly strong PvE profession, what on earth are you talking about? Mirage, Boon Chrono and Power Chrono are all extremely powerful builds. Power Chrono is downright one of the strongest builds in the game for open-world due to its self buffing and ludicrously high burst damage, its also fantastic in raids. It's not top tier in fractals but still perfectly good. Mirage completely outclasses other DPS classes on certain encounters. And Boon Chrono is a staple of raid groups due to its ability to share quickness and alacrity. It will remain good after patch too...

  • Jables.4659Jables.4659 Member ✭✭✭

    @Painbow.6059 said:
    Mesmer is an incredibly strong PvE profession, what on earth are you talking about? Mirage, Boon Chrono and Power Chrono are all extremely powerful builds. Power Chrono is downright one of the strongest builds in the game for open-world due to its self buffing and ludicrously high burst damage, its also fantastic in raids. It's not top tier in fractals but still perfectly good. Mirage completely outclasses other DPS classes on certain encounters. And Boon Chrono is a staple of raid groups due to its ability to share quickness and alacrity. It will remain good after patch too...

    For CM fractal groups Mesmer doesn't have a place. The Firebrand/Ren support meta has taken over, so boon chrono is out. Most pugs wont accept condi dps, so mirage is out. You can in theory use Pchrono, but the ramp up time of phantasms doesn't jive with the short phases of 100CM fights, so its drastically worse than Dragonhunter/Weaver unless the entire group is garbage. Even in raids where Chrono is used, it feels absolutely awful to play with the loss of Illusionary Persona and the CS Distortion merge.

  • ive recently started my firebrand and by far happier with it but its not what i want, firebrand just goes off with all buffs almost all the time and continuosly goes off dont understand how but it does, where as chrono ever since all the nerfs all abilities that made it fast and helpful got washed away and lack of full set of boons make it even less helpful and ive tried mirage and i just cant play it its not for me. By the way thats not me complaining about the firebrand thats me just pointing out the truth

  • Vincenzo.3145Vincenzo.3145 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2019

    @Jables.4659 said:

    @Painbow.6059 said:
    Mesmer is an incredibly strong PvE profession, what on earth are you talking about? Mirage, Boon Chrono and Power Chrono are all extremely powerful builds. Power Chrono is downright one of the strongest builds in the game for open-world due to its self buffing and ludicrously high burst damage, its also fantastic in raids. It's not top tier in fractals but still perfectly good. Mirage completely outclasses other DPS classes on certain encounters. And Boon Chrono is a staple of raid groups due to its ability to share quickness and alacrity. It will remain good after patch too...

    For CM fractal groups Mesmer doesn't have a place. The Firebrand/Ren support meta has taken over, so boon chrono is out. Most pugs wont accept condi dps, so mirage is out. You can in theory use Pchrono, but the ramp up time of phantasms doesn't jive with the short phases of 100CM fights, so its drastically worse than Dragonhunter/Weaver unless the entire group is garbage. Even in raids where Chrono is used, it feels absolutely awful to play with the loss of Illusionary Persona and the CS Distortion merge.

    Fractals are literally unplayable for me now since all my ascended stuff is tailored to my Support Chrono and nobody wants a Support Tempest or Support Necro either. My only option is to go FB which I only have a shield for >.>

    So I basically just gave up on the game.

  • @Vincenzo.3145 said:

    @Jables.4659 said:

    @Painbow.6059 said:
    Mesmer is an incredibly strong PvE profession, what on earth are you talking about? Mirage, Boon Chrono and Power Chrono are all extremely powerful builds. Power Chrono is downright one of the strongest builds in the game for open-world due to its self buffing and ludicrously high burst damage, its also fantastic in raids. It's not top tier in fractals but still perfectly good. Mirage completely outclasses other DPS classes on certain encounters. And Boon Chrono is a staple of raid groups due to its ability to share quickness and alacrity. It will remain good after patch too...

    For CM fractal groups Mesmer doesn't have a place. The Firebrand/Ren support meta has taken over, so boon chrono is out. Most pugs wont accept condi dps, so mirage is out. You can in theory use Pchrono, but the ramp up time of phantasms doesn't jive with the short phases of 100CM fights, so its drastically worse than Dragonhunter/Weaver unless the entire group is garbage. Even in raids where Chrono is used, it feels absolutely awful to play with the loss of Illusionary Persona and the CS Distortion merge.

    Fractals are literally unplayable for me now since all my ascended stuff is tailored to my Support Chrono and nobody wants a Support Tempest or Support Necro either. My only option is to go FB which I only have a shield for >.>

    So I basically just gave up on the game.

    Yeah, I was referring to Power Chrono for fractals. It's worse than DH, Wea, Slb but in pug groups still works pretty good.