Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2 - Page 5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

So..they probably arent going to respond, and unless somethings changed from the -last- time the company actually responded, i wouldnt expect anything different, Good luck to you though, i cant imagine not being able to speak in ones native language.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

They're not obliged to respond to forum posts, so if you'd like a response, please try contacting them directly. Unfortunately they may not be able to answer questions 2 and 3 as internal company discussions are usually confidential.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

Well tbh after that really distasteful angry outburst you put out in your other thread yesterday I am not sure it really deserves to be taken seriously with an informed response, which is a shame because up until your outburst the thread had been quite supportive and informative towards you and your fellow Russian posters request for Cyrillic support in game.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

edited October 6, 2019

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Wow. Are you posting under two names, then? Drevin and noviiparen?

Because I am absolutely certain I replied to Drevin and not noviiparen. Perhaps, a step back is indicated.

You replied to both of them at one point or another. They talk about different things. Drevin was talking about raids and noviiparen was talking about guild chat and general communication. I guess it is just a misunderstanding on all parts.

The particular game mode is irrelevant tbh as the use of things like discord would likely be a better option for a part of the community feeling they need something to help their gaming experience through being able to use/speak their own language rather than some limited 3rd party translation program.
    It would certainly be a far quicker solution to the issue at the very least.
    What was not warranted was the distasteful outburst from @noviiparen.8163 which added nothing to the discusiion, in fact it only served to hurt it imo.

• Ol Nik.2518Ol Nik.2518 Member ✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

Because I am absolutely certain I replied to Drevin and not noviiparen. Perhaps, a step back is indicated.

You replied to both of them at one point or another. They talk about different things. Drevin was talking about raids and noviiparen was talking about guild chat and general communication. I guess it is just a misunderstanding on all parts.

The particular game mode is irrelevant tbh as the use of things like discord would likely be a better option for a part of the community feeling they need something to help their gaming experience through being able to use/speak their own language rather than some limited 3rd party translation program.
    What was not warranted was the distasteful outburst from @noviiparen.8163 which added nothing to the discusiion, in fact it only served to hurt it imo.

I agree that noviiparen overreacted. I also agree that it hurts his cause a lot. That's why I pointed it out to him directly (this thread got heavily moderated, though).

Teamspeak/Discord/other third party application can be a solution that works for some, but not for all. It does not work for those of us who use older hardware and/or Macs. It does not work for players with attention problems, as well.

I do not know why you are talking about translation software. Support for multiple writing systems in chat does not require any translation software.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

I agree that noviiparen overreacted. I also agree that it hurts his cause a lot. That's why I pointed it out to him directly (this thread got heavily moderated, though).

Teamspeak/Discord/other third party application can be a solution that works for some, but not for all. It does not work for those of us who use older hardware and/or Macs. It does not work for players with attention problems, as well.

I do not know why you are talking about translation software. Support for multiple writing systems in chat does not require any translation software.

Wasn't just an overreaction tbh it was outright disgraceful.
    That said, yes your right.. I meant support of Cyrillic not language translation.. for some reason I was must of still been thinking of the original thread a while back discussing actual language support/ translation not Cyrillic .

TBH if your using older hardware that cant run discord, TS or the like then I am surprised their GW2 experience isn't already pretty poor. I think I've been using TS for 10years, discord is newer for sure, but my old Win7 Pentium run laptop runs GW2, granted not that great these days but those people your thinking of must be running steam driven PC's then... no idea on Mac's - never liked them so don't utilise them. As for poor attention span, I am no expert in that either, but sounds like that would have a effect just playing the game whether using Cyrillic, language translators or voice chat.

• Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

• As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread with a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Though, one never knows what the future may bring. Whilst awaiting any possible changes, one might consider taking advantage of other possible venues of communication.

(Do also consider: Moderation of the thread means it has been officially noticed.)

Good luck.

• yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

@Drevin.5392 said:
    Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

So people are not allowed to be skeptical? People are not allowed to have a different opinion? Well, then maybe a forum is the wrong place for you.

• @yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:
    Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

So people are not allowed to be skeptical? People are not allowed to have a different opinion? Well, then maybe a forum is the wrong place for you.

and who said that you are forbidden to be a skeptic? )

edited October 7, 2019

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

Read the quote I was referring to. To expect only positive reactions is naive. And it is not true that there were only skeptical responses. There was a lot of support from other Russians.

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread with a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Though, one never knows what the future may bring. Whilst awaiting any possible changes, one might consider taking advantage of other possible venues of communication.

(Do also consider: Moderation of the thread means it has been officially noticed.)

Good luck.

Where is this thread with Dev response?

• AlexVv.3965AlexVv.3965 Member ✭✭✭

As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread with a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Could you give a link to this official answer? And where is this topic? I did not see anything, and why if there was an answer, then it was not in this topic?

• @yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

Read the quote I was referring to. To expect only positive reactions is naive. And it is not true that there were only skeptical responses. There was a lot of support from other Russians.

This is my post. I know what I said. do not distort the essence of my words.

• @noviiparen.8163 said:

Good luck.

Where is this thread with Dev response?

I join the question. where is this message, give a link. I want to know our verdict.

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you only hear skepticism?

• @yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you only hear skepticism?

I completely agree with you on the account of democracy) and I will even say more - truth is born in a dispute. Speaking of skepticism naturally, I meant our Western friends. you say that many Russians spoke out positively - shouldn't that be so? it’s natural, to support your compatriots))) I didn’t want evil and forbade anything (you put it that way). and, if I’m wrong, then show me which of our Western friends, native English speakers, expressed words of support to us?

• Sasha, so what verdict did we get? Is there an answer in another topic?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Drevin.5392 said:
    Sasha, so what verdict did we get? Is there an answer in another topic?

No plans to add another language at this time, since they havent said anything else that still stands.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:

I completely agree with you on the account of democracy) and I will even say more - truth is born in a dispute. Speaking of skepticism naturally, I meant our Western friends. you say that many Russians spoke out positively - shouldn't that be so? it’s natural, to support your compatriots))) I didn’t want evil and forbade anything (you put it that way). and, if I’m wrong, then show me which of our Western friends, native English speakers, expressed words of support to us?

FYI I said near the start I had no issue with your request being implemented as it is a reasonable request that I’d want implemented if I was in your shoes. I just gave out reasons why Anet had declared no in the past.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Drevin.5392 said:
    Sasha, so what verdict did we get? Is there an answer in another topic?

I will talk about this on the stream on Tuesday. Everyone who is interested come in the evening. No official response has been received.

• I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you only hear skepticism?

Thank you, but we are not interested in the link two years ago with a request to translate the game into Russian. We speak English as you see. Yes, sometimes with pronunciation problems. But we make full use of the English language in raids, fractals, map chat, etc. But we would like to talk with a friend in our native language. We are not interested in localization.

edited October 7, 2019

@AlexVv.3965 said:

Could you give a link to this official answer? And where is this topic? I did not see anything, and why if there was an answer, then it was not in this topic?

I think the thread Inculpatus is thinking about is the one relating to implementing full Russian language for the game, which also expanded into using external player resource to offer translational modding and wiki... that was no no'ed by ANET for the reasons already stated in this thread early on.. cost and can of worms.

However this thread is actually about the request for Cyrillic, which as some have pointed out is not the same thing as was previously requested...

EDIT - This is one such thread I recall, not sure if its the one @Inculpatus cedo.9234 was thinking of
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59217/more-localizations-your-thoughts#first

• Drevin.5392Drevin.5392 Member ✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019

• AlexVv.3965AlexVv.3965 Member ✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

I think the thread Inculpatus is thinking about is the one relating to implementing full Russian language for the game, which also expanded into using external player resource to offer translational modding and wiki... that was no no'ed by ANET for the reasons already stated in this thread early on.. cost and can of worms.

However this thread is actually about the request for Cyrillic, which as some have pointed out is not the same thing as was previously requested...

EDIT - This is one such thread I recall, not sure if its the one @Inculpatus cedo.9234 was thinking of
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59217/more-localizations-your-thoughts#first

Thank you! Yes, these links to posts a year old and two years ago really talk about localization, and not about the simple introduction of the Cyrillic alphabet into the chat, as asked by the players in the video in this thread. Still, I still do not lose hope of seeing the answer of one of the ArenaNet employees in the subject. Although every day this hope is less and less.
    Which is somewhat disappointing. Not every day such videos are published. People invested a lot of love and work in its creation, while asking for a very small addition. To ignore such a video is not very polite, in my opinion.
    It could be limited to a simple answer, such as: - "OK guys, we are glad to see that our game is so loved in the Russian-speaking community, we hear and appreciate your appeal, but ..." - and then a few options: - "... at the moment this is not possible for technical reasons", or - "... at the moment it is unprofitable from the point of view of business", or - "... we are consider your proposal and inform about our decision later", and of course the best option is - "... and yes, we will do it in the future":)
    Any such short and simple answer. It takes no more than a minute to write it, but the fact of such an answer would tell us that our community is NOT ignored by the company.

@AlexVv.3965 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Thank you! Yes, these links to posts a year old and two years ago really talk about localization, and not about the simple introduction of the Cyrillic alphabet into the chat, as asked by the players in the video in this thread. Still, I still do not lose hope of seeing the answer of one of the ArenaNet employees in the subject. Although every day this hope is less and less.
    Which is somewhat disappointing. Not every day such videos are published. People invested a lot of love and work in its creation, while asking for a very small addition. To ignore such a video is not very polite, in my opinion.
    It could be limited to a simple answer, such as: - "OK guys, we are glad to see that our game is so loved in the Russian-speaking community, we hear and appreciate your appeal, but ..." - and then a few options: - "... at the moment this is not possible for technical reasons", or - "... at the moment it is unprofitable from the point of view of business", or - "... we are consider your proposal and inform about our decision later", and of course the best option is - "... and yes, we will do it in the future":)
    Any such short and simple answer. It takes no more than a minute to write it, but the fact of such an answer would tell us that our community is NOT ignored by the company.

Untill a day, week or a month later when next player demand an answer to the same question since the answer before is to old.

• @Linken.6345 said:

@AlexVv.3965 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Untill a day, week or a month later when next player demand an answer to the same question since the answer before is to old.

There will be a day, a week, a month or year - it does not matter, ask our question again. And we will ask until we hear at least one of the answers listed above.

• I was mildly disappointed that Bork! didn't make it from guild wars 1 to guild wars 2. If any effort to introduce a missing language is done by the developers, I recommend Bork!

@Linken.6345 said:

@AlexVv.3965 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Well to be fair, this is not the same question being asked.. I in fact made that same assumption early on, but it has been explained by others, this is not about asking ANET for Russian localization it is about Cyrillic inclusion.

• I join the appeal. Please answer it dear arena.net

• Evidenzas.4280Evidenzas.4280 Member
    edited October 11, 2019

Hello. I'm Russian player. I'm asking you add Cyrillic letters in the game chat. (for topic activity). 2 weeks gone - no answer.

• Sir Shreder.4206Sir Shreder.4206 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019

Hello everyone,
    I have read all posts above — I hope nobody post message while I am typing this one :)

At first, I want to express my point in general.
    Noone lures people to this game to play in an unknown language. It is a personal choice.
    I am not going to speak about technical issues and how to solve them — I am not a member of the developing team of this game. But customer support is the main point of any companies.
    The letters in other languages show us how big our world and how many different cultures there are. If you do not tolerate another culture, you will stay alone, and it is your only choice.

Now we should pay our attention to the current situation in this game.

1. If you care about chat moderation, please, answer me, how is it possible for non-support languages? As Polish or Czech and many other East Europe languages where people use Latin-base letters. And how about transliteration typing?
      Using more non-Latin letters will not bring any issues, tho.

2. Some people mentioned in-game support. The same stuff as in point before. I wouldn't speak how good it works. That's a completely different story.

3. For people who offer to use third-party software like Discord.
      Why do you use in-game chat instead of this so excellent software? Just show us a good example by starting using external chats.

4. And finally — I totally like it — how costly to implement non-Latin letters to chat.
      Come on, guys. You have translated even agreement on payment page many years later game launch.
      If Russian people brought not enough money for NCSoft, this page would never be translated.
      Don't tell me you (I meant publisher and developer companies) don't want to make more money.
      You know that the getting result asks to make efforts.
      By the way, a lot of people want to volunteer to help with translation.

One more time I want to warn people that the Russian community asks to allow Cyrillic letters in chats not a translation of the game.

P.S.
    Speaking of moderation.
    I wonder why local moderators do nothing with messages in this forum like "it is Latin-based game, and we don't want to see non-Latin letters here."
    No matter it breaks their own rules

• Ulysses.9345Ulysses.9345 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:
    P.S.
    Speaking of moderation.
    I wonder why local moderators do nothing with messages in this forum like "it is Latin-based game, and we don't want to see non-Latin letters here."

I think the wish "I want cyrillic in GW 2 chat" and the wish "I don't want to see cyrillic in GW2 chat" have the equal rights to exist

• EyeQ.9724EyeQ.9724 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019

@Ulysses.9345 said:
    I think the wish "I want cyrillic in GW 2 chat" and the wish "I don't want to see cyrillic in GW2 chat" have the equal rights to exist

Ok, I agree. But let's take a look at screenshot once again:

So, you already have this right, we don't. Is it fair?

edited October 11, 2019

@Ulysses.9345 said:

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:
    P.S.
    Speaking of moderation.

Sorry, but I didn't quote the phrase. And I don't want to repeat hursh words.
    If you care about rights and rules, please read this chat thread carefully and rules of using this forum.

• @EyeQ.9724 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?
    If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

edited October 11, 2019

@Ulysses.9345 said:
    Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?

Let's split topics: buying the game and willing (not demanding) use mother tongue.

What is wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.

• @Sir Shreder.4206 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

Let's split topics: buying the game and willing (not demanding) use mother tongue.

What is it wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.

If you want speak in your native language and it doesn't matter where, you can speak through discord. This is easy and faster than typing in chat. And not need to ask opportunity.

ИМХО, единственное что хочет Inoy - это популярности и известности в GW2, и плюшки от Arena.net, что видно по его видео. Поэтому он и затеял этот шум.
    Есть способ общаться на русском быстро и эффективно, но для этого ведь не надо подымать шум. А если не подымать шум, кто про тебя узнает?

• nomak.8693nomak.8693 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019

Snip snip snip

edited October 11, 2019

And as a programmer, I can say that to add Unicode support is not so simple and can have a side effect. How long did it take to add Unicode support to programming languages.?

edited October 11, 2019

@Ulysses.9345 said:

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

What is it wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.

If you want speak in your native language and it doesn't matter where, you can speak through discord. This is easy and faster than typing in chat. And not need to ask opportunity.

ИМХО, единственное что хочет Inoy - это популярности и известности в GW2, и плюшки от Arena.net, что видно по его видео. Поэтому он и затеял этот шум.
    Есть способ общаться на русском быстро и эффективно, но для этого ведь не надо подымать шум. А если не подымать шум, кто про тебя узнает?

If you are against an exact person just say it them face to face.
    What to show how bad public person? Give us any proves.
    No need to shoot out about it.

If you like to use Discord, please, do that and don't bother the rest people to make their requests.

edited October 11, 2019

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

If you are against an exact person just say it them face to face.
    What to show how bad public person? Give us any proves.
    No need to shoot out about it.

If you like to use Discord, please, do that and don't bother the rest people to make their requests.

Yes, I am against the fact that the Russian-speaking community was represented by a person who cannot do without obscene language in his videos. Need proofs? Watch his videos.
    And I said this him.
    In order to require support for the Russian language, he must first learn how to use this language without obscene language.

edited October 11, 2019

@EyeQ.9724 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

~~https://imgur.com/XIvu3SU
    Cant say I see that option in my client tho.
    ~~
    Edit
    N/M found it in the chat box settings, cant say I ever seen that tick box before.
    Another question OP if you had a show only cyrillic wouldent the game feel pretty dead?

@Ulysses.9345 said:

Are you serious, dude? I mean - do you really think in that way? Well, and what if I say:
    "when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "or add" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "to the game in the future?"
    Feel the difference...

• @EyeQ.9724 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:

Are you serious, dude? I mean - do you really think in that way? Well, and what if I say:
    "when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "or add" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "to the game in the future?"
    Feel the difference...

Nobody promised me that, and I didn't ask for that.
    And what is problem?

@Linken.6345 said:
    Another question OP if you had a show only cyrillic wouldent the game feel pretty dead?

But we don't ask for that option. For now, we even cannot type in cyrillic

• @EyeQ.9724 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

But we don't ask for that option. For now, we even cannot type in cyrillic

I can't type in Cyrillic too but I don't think this is problem.

@Sigiran.4195 said:
    I can't type in Cyrillic too but I don't think this is problem.

Blind people cannot see, but they still can live their lifes.
    In most cases, blind people, unfortunatelly, cannot get their vision back. But to let ru-community to have a possibility use Cyrillic in chat, so they can talk to each other on their native language - ANet has all the instruments. Why do not use them?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.