Odd how there's a huge lag in T2, but not in T1 NA servers

Kurowolfe.7396

Fought against the servers in T1, not much of a lag problem at all, just being outnumbered 3 to 1 as usual.Then we went down to T2, and I kept getting like 1000 - 4000 ping spikes on zerg fights during the fight earlier in peak and late SEA times, I think our deaths in skirmishes mostly due to lag, and our performance were severely impacted. Kinda disappointed tbh, but I dunno what else to do than just vent here. My internet setup is the same in both situations.

Someone joked that since some of the devs are in one of the T1 servers, the lag issues will not be there. I laughed of course, because that's silly, but in these situations, can't help feeling that there might be more to it xD

Look at activity numbers. That is a good part of it. People don’t come out to ‘play’ in T1. Activity numbers are usually around 60% of the other tiers.

It becomes a self fulfilling thing: no one wants to come up to T1 because no fights, but when they do come up to T-1, they disappear to go back to T2 then talk about no fights...

Granted, that isn’t all of it but...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Is it just you or everyone on the T2 servers? There could be an issue between you and the servers that is beyond your control.Only me was being vocal about it in chat at first, then more and more people complained of lag as time goes by. Not sure what happened during the peak fight because I got disconnected, but when I logged back and the zerg dispersed, the lag disappeared with it.@Sovereign.1093 said:i experienced lag in t3 before but not in t2. must be something weird. =)If I were being honest, there are certain servers that when you fight them, the lag spikes occur, affecting your gameplay. It changes every relink, but there seem to be a culprit this relink period. This is just speculation though, and I may just be salty about it.@Strider Pj.2193 said:Look at activity numbers. That is a good part of it. People don’t come out to ‘play’ in T1. Activity numbers are usually around 60% of the other tiers.

It becomes a self fulfilling thing: no one wants to come up to T1 because no fights, but when they do come up to T-1, they disappear to go back to T2 then talk about no fights...Granted, that isn’t all of it but...@"steki.1478" said:Not sure what's situation in NA, but in EU, most of T1 action revolves around camping siege and avoiding organized fights.When there's no skills being casted you don't get skill lag obviously.Tbh that really depends on the server that ended up going to T1 as red. From what I observed, some servers still try their darned hardest to give a proper ppk and ppt against the residing T1 sides despite the overwhelming odds, while others just go "Ah fudge it all, we'll take a one-week break~!" and just abandon WvW for that week to tank back to T2, where they'll return again. I've been in both kinds of servers; it's interesting to see just how each server's collective hivemind work.

T1 has its moments for very fun and honestly fair fights, but that's rare. And at the moment, the same goes with T2 as well. T3 and is where it's at.

Thanks for the comments though, I like discussing stuffs at times, and hearing what others think about something helps open the mind a bit