No trait choices to make scrapper one big bad in (open world) PVE?

Rico.6873

Like inventions/scrapper traitlines for survival and damage the more mobs the better you'll be or something?Scrapper is the only engi class that uses a melee weapon, melee weapon = tons of damage in Open world PVE at leastwhen I play reaper in open world pve, I reap and sow destruction around me

Would be amazing if I could do that with my Drone/turret bros at least but sadly that's not the case here

Does Scrapper have any use/viability in PVE/PVP/Raiding/WvW?What can be done to improve that? (up all damage, add new boons, reworks everything again?)

When build templates finally hit I would love to be able to instantly switch to my scrapper and use it whenever I can(Like to switch everything up once a while, build,classes, etc etc)

Holo has a sword which is also melee. Turrets need buffs or a phantasm level rework since they destroyed them more than 5years ago. This is nothing new. The problem is that nobody plays engineer because most of it is really clunky and because it has so few players it gets the least dev attention.

Scrapper actually has a use in raiding. It's there to buff superspeed to a npc to make it run faster on 2 "bosses". It's also used in wvsw but as a healbot and not as a bruiser. Holosmith is the better bruiser for pve. Scrapper just lacks damage and i really can't understand why they gave engi two melee bruiser specs competing against each other. Holo isn't really a glascannon since it has a lot of sustain aswell and compared to a true glass cannon like weaver low damage.

Scrapper can be decent in openworld though thanks to barrier generation and self quickness. Would just use a strength sigil for easy might. tools + firearms. Wouldn't take sanguine array though. Sure its nice and easy might but those might is pretty low duration and costs you 15% critchance. Sigil + hammer auto should be enough. Utilities are depending on preferance. Low cooldown toolbelts are nice for static discharge and kinetic battery. Would always take grenade kit. Blast gyro is nice and easy might and strong cc but not that strong dps wise and toolbelt is meh. Elixir gun has a stunbreak as toolbelt and a very hardhitting skill on number 4 but jump needs to be canceled with weapon swap so you dont fly away. Shredder gyro is lower damage but easier to use than elixir gun and has a stunning and damaging lightning field as toolbelt for example.

It can work but only in openworld and really lacks damage for fractals or raids. It got reworked into a bruiser so it doesn't even offer that much for a healing engi. The damage modifiers are also quite limited. Only swiftness is perma. Superspeed needs several gyro utilities and combos in light fields for the engineer and stab is just impossible to have perma outside of boon thief stuff.Core engineer is just super underpowered. Thats why holo needs a close to 40% modifier to make it even acceptable in raids. It's not even best on any boss. Unless they give engi skills a 20% buff or nerf everything else by like 30% there is no way dps scrapper becomes a thing in raids.And no, condi scrapper is just core engi used to flex in pugs because there is not a single skill or scrapper utility used in that build and core/holo would be always better. Just take a heal scourge if you want a rezbot.

What i want to see are core engi buffs instead of ridiculous holo modifiers. Explosives doens't have a single good power grandmaster trait. Buff gadgets, mine and minefield for example. Minefield just got forgotten when they removed the increased explosives range trait 6years ago and it got never changed since then. The mine itself just needs a damage buff. Minefield has really high damage if it would land. Would just increase the radius and reduce cast time to be in par with grenade barrage.

Well turrets just need a complete rework to either scale with player stats and have good damage or being reworked as boon/stat boosts or being utility instead of dps like banners or spirits, thumper turret.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Holo has a sword which is also melee. Turrets need buffs or a phantasm level rework since they destroyed them more than 5years ago. This is nothing new. The problem is that nobody plays engineer because most of it is really clunky and because it has so few players it gets the least dev attention.

Scrapper actually has a use in raiding. It's there to buff superspeed to a npc to make it run faster on 2 "bosses". It's also used in wvsw but as a healbot and not as a bruiser. Holosmith is the better bruiser for pve. Scrapper just lacks damage and i really can't understand why they gave engi two melee bruiser specs competing against each other. Holo isn't really a glascannon since it has a lot of sustain aswell and compared to a true glass cannon like weaver low damage.

Scrapper can be decent in openworld though thanks to barrier generation and self quickness. Would just use a strength sigil for easy might. tools + firearms. Wouldn't take sanguine array though. Sure its nice and easy might but those might is pretty low duration and costs you 15% critchance. Sigil + hammer auto should be enough. Utilities are depending on preferance. Low cooldown toolbelts are nice for static discharge and kinetic battery. Would always take grenade kit. Blast gyro is nice and easy might and strong cc but not that strong dps wise and toolbelt is meh. Elixir gun has a stunbreak as toolbelt and a very hardhitting skill on number 4 but jump needs to be canceled with weapon swap so you dont fly away. Shredder gyro is lower damage but easier to use than elixir gun and has a stunning and damaging lightning field as toolbelt for example.

It can work but only in openworld and really lacks damage for fractals or raids. It got reworked into a bruiser so it doesn't even offer that much for a healing engi. The damage modifiers are also quite limited. Only swiftness is perma. Superspeed needs several gyro utilities and combos in light fields for the engineer and stab is just impossible to have perma outside of boon thief stuff.Core engineer is just super underpowered. Thats why holo needs a close to 40% modifier to make it even acceptable in raids. It's not even best on any boss. Unless they give engi skills a 20% buff or nerf everything else by like 30% there is no way dps scrapper becomes a thing in raids.And no, condi scrapper is just core engi used to flex in pugs because there is not a single skill or scrapper utility used in that build and core/holo would be always better. Just take a heal scourge if you want a rezbot.

What i want to see are core engi buffs instead of ridiculous holo modifiers. Explosives doens't have a single good power grandmaster trait. Buff gadgets, mine and minefield for example. Minefield just got forgotten when they removed the increased explosives range trait 6years ago and it got never changed since then. The mine itself just needs a damage buff. Minefield has really high damage if it would land. Would just increase the radius and reduce cast time to be in par with grenade barrage.

Well turrets just need a complete rework to either scale with player stats and have good damage or being reworked as boon/stat boosts or being utility instead of dps like banners or spirits, thumper turret.

U pointed out all the problems engi has suffered this many years, explosive grand master just give us all the craps to choose, no really damage modify option, that limits alot possible builds, also, no really power slot skill for core except granade, minefield so clunky to use, not even talk about rifle turret...only use for its toolbelt! What a sad slit skill...

We all know where the problmes are. However, Anet doesnt...

Dead on.