Turning turrets into giant explosives

Rico.6873

Turrets don't do too much damage and are limited, which is fine with meBut why not turn them into explosives?They will be deployed, unleash all their ammo and then they will gather energy for a big explosion that will deal tremendous damage

This will make them more useful in PVE/Raiding while still making them useless for WvW/PVP (unless your a really good kiter) and it will make them hard to use for botsbecause they wont stay alive forever and ever but they will work with a ammo system

If you think this idea is insane... well your right.... my main is an Asura so there you go! :)Can my idea be improved then I'm all ears!

Hey

I don't know, it'd be a bit boring if all the turrets behaved in this exploding manner.

There were many suggestions for turrets, one of them to turn turrets into preparations, which is similar but still gives room to variety and interesting effects.

Also, if we do get a turret rework, they should somehow make it usable in competitives too, for kitten's sake :tongue:

@Rico.6873 said:Turrets don't do too much damage and are limited, which is fine with meBut why not turn them into explosives?They will be deployed, unleash all their ammo and then they will gather energy for a big explosion that will deal tremendous damage

This will make them more useful in PVE/Raiding while still making them useless for WvW/PVP (unless your a really good kiter) and it will make them hard to use for botsbecause they wont stay alive forever and ever but they will work with a ammo system

If you think this idea is insane... well your right.... my main is an Asura so there you go! :)Can my idea be improved then I'm all ears!

They did this already except for the bit about the big explosion. They automatically overcharge, do insignificant damage, and then are worthless - probably being cleaved in a trice- unless you pick them up or explode them after the overcharge.