Ooze pit instructions? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ooze pit instructions?

Are there some good online instructions for the ooze pit? The wiki is woefully inadequate on that. What are we supposed to do there? There should be some kind of instructions somewhere. How are we supposed to have a clue?

One side (ash?) has barrels you fill with oil and dump in a vent (I don't know why). I only learned that today, because someone was calling out instructions.

The other 2 sections I have no idea. When the wall comes down there are some elites, and champions comes and go, never seem to stay long enough to get killed, though. There are some colored circles you can stand in and get an icon over your head - I do not know why. Eventually a chest appears and I get my daily key (the trade post thanks you).

Odd event with no instructions... Any help out there? :)

Comments

• You stand in the circles to get the poison to damage the ooze when he gets to 50 percent and starts changing colors. Now if he turns green you go into green circle to get green icon to damage him then he switches to blue you get blue icon. Each lane teaches you the mechanics then the final event uses what you learned in each lane basically

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

Cool, I wondered what the colored circles were for.
    Does the barrel get used in the final? Have not seen them. And no idea what the 3rd area supposedly teaches. Wish the wiki was updated on it.

• No, that lane is more teach you to avoid the ooze that knock you down. Then one teaches you stand on all vents and the other I think does the poison to damage oozes when they change colors. I mean you get an achieve for pledging each lane so you should do each at least once and learn. Typically on the right is written instructions and the announcers gives you hints to like the ooze seems to have picked up resistance etc.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

That is what I am looking for! I did it like half a dozen times and never had a clue what was going on. Never even heard you were supposed to go back to your original area when it split... very odd lack of instructions in the game... Thanks. :)

• Ryukai.6524Ryukai.6524 Member ✭✭✭

@Tukaram.8256 said:
    That is what I am looking for! I did it like half a dozen times and never had a clue what was going on. Never even heard you were supposed to go back to your original area when it split... very odd lack of instructions in the game... Thanks. :)

No probs dude/tte. Happy to help :)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.