THE WHOLE STORY ACHIEVEMENT — Guild Wars 2 Forums

THE WHOLE STORY ACHIEVEMENT

Hello,

I would really appreciate it if anyone was able to give me a solution to this problem. I have tried to finish this achievement to the point where I feel like making a complaint letter. This is so ridiculous and it got me so frustrated. I have tried everything I could find out on what could go wrong and what to avoid, or what to do to get this achievement .

I have done the following without getting the achievement done :

• watched all memories, did not leave until each and every one of them ended
  • If I saw an NPC ghost, i followed it and returned to My Purpose Bird Spirit ( as per Dulfy http://dulfy.net/2017/09/24/gw2-path-of-fire-act-3-story-achievements-guide/#The_Whole_Story_2_AP )
  • when Caithe stole the egg, i followed
  • When Balthazar spawns in the last memory, I did not go up to him, i even tried backing off before last staircase - to no prevail
  • I tried doing it once without following any ghosts. I do not know what else to do to get this achievement. It is beyond ridiculous.

The fact that I have to fight Balthazar every time when I try to restart this part of the story and the long talk and slow progression of this instance, I feel like this achievement is one of the worst there are in GW2.

Please, I need someone to help me out with this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Try to not follow Caithe but let the memory finish before you move on to the next. I recall that Caithe was essential in getting this achievement done when I couldn't get it the first time around, even though I had listened every memory.

• @Teddy.1625 said:
    Hello,

I would really appreciate it if anyone was able to give me a solution to this problem. I have tried to finish this achievement to the point where I feel like making a complaint letter. This is so ridiculous and it got me so frustrated. I have tried everything I could find out on what could go wrong and what to avoid, or what to do to get this achievement .

I have done the following without getting the achievement done :

• watched all memories, did not leave until each and every one of them ended
    • If I saw an NPC ghost, i followed it and returned to My Purpose Bird Spirit ( as per Dulfy http://dulfy.net/2017/09/24/gw2-path-of-fire-act-3-story-achievements-guide/#The_Whole_Story_2_AP )
    • when Caithe stole the egg, i followed
    • When Balthazar spawns in the last memory, I did not go up to him, i even tried backing off before last staircase - to no prevail
    • I tried doing it once without following any ghosts. I do not know what else to do to get this achievement. It is beyond ridiculous.

The fact that I have to fight Balthazar every time when I try to restart this part of the story and the long talk and slow progression of this instance, I feel like this achievement is one of the worst there are in GW2.

Please, I need someone to help me out with this.

Thank you.

Took me a bunch of times too. You see when you mess up as the achieve icon disappears. That way you at least know where you are failing. Other then that I followed the same hints available.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Following NPCs sounds like terrible advice, without knowing all the paths that might result in running into the next spot. I just followed the bird and only moved after it arrived at the next location.

• Don't to move until the scene ends. Stop at every point and watch, just don't move.

I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

• The first time I attempted this, I did not get the "Qualify for The Whole Story" achievement to even appear, but upon doing the mission again it appeared after exiting the cave and managed to complete the achievement.