PvE updates free...

Why is it that every content update PvE has gotten since PoF has been free, but every update WvW has gotten has been monetized?

Warclaw mount? Skins. Gliders? Skins. Nothing else. Nothing.

How many updates has PvE gotten for free since PoF? Seven living world episodes. Seven new maps. How many fractals? How many Raids?

The one FREE thing that WvW users use, build templates from Arcdps, and yall are taking it and monetizing it, and shutting down our free version.

GG Anet.

Not another penny.

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:Why is it that every content update PvE has gotten since PoF has been free, but every update WvW has gotten has been monetized?

How many updates has PvE gotten for free since PoF? Seven living world episodes. Seven new maps. How many fractals? How many Raids?

The one FREE thing that WvW users use, build templates from Arcdps, and yall are taking it and monetizing it, and shutting down our free version.

GG Anet.

Not another penny.

Strange I can use the warclaw without paying any cash for it.How come you cant do the achievments and get it mate?

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:Why is it that every content update PvE has gotten since PoF has been free, but every update WvW has gotten has been monetized?

GG Anet.

Not another penny.

Depends. If it actually removes the items from your inventory so it acts like extra storage space, I'm fine with it, if not, then it's WTF?

Edit: It sounds like it's extra storage space. I actually do think the trait/skill tabs should be free, but I don't think this is a big deal. They're essentially giving you a bunch of free storage space, arcdps didn't do that:

Items you add to Equipment Templates will no longer take up space in your character’s inventory, and you can reuse them across each of that character’s Equipment Templates. Items stored in this fashion will display a link icon in the upper corner and additional tooltip information listing all the Equipment Templates you’ve used them in.

So yeah, why are you whining about free storage space?

1) LS episodes are a payed purchase for anyone not logged in while it was active, so the very content itself doesn't actually stay free.2) ... unlike access to Gliding and the Warclaw - these are useable without spending gems on fancy skins, just by having the expansions and playing.3) Speaking of skins - the Warclaw has gotten what? Four? skins since it launched. In a single bundle. Compare that to however many new skins the PvE mounts have gotten and you'll see the PvE mounts are much more heavily monetised - still optionally, though.

I understand that WvW feels neglected, and in some cases I can agree that it is.This is an incredibly weak argument though.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:theres no pve-content for free until "free HoT", aside that, all expansions and LSW become paid.

And "free HoT" is only actually free with another purchase. (You have to buy PoF)

i read the builds post, the players will get 6 for free(3 "basic"+3 for a limited time). 6 builds slots for wvw wasnt enough for these guys?

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:theres no pve-content for free until "free HoT", aside that, all expansions and LSW become paid.

And "free HoT" is only actually free with another purchase. (You have to buy PoF)

i read the builds post, the players will get 6 for free(3 "basic"+3 for a limited time). 6 builds slots for wvw wasnt enough for these guys?

I have a feeling the primary complaint will be about the Equipment templates, which we only get two free slots.

Build Templates: 3 free / characterBuild Storage: 3 free / account + 3 extra free from gemstore as promotionEquipment Templates: 2 free / character

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:1) LS episodes are a payed purchase for anyone not logged in while it was active, so the very content itself doesn't actually stay free.2) ... unlike access to Gliding and the Warclaw - these are useable without spending gems on fancy skins, just by having the expansions and playing.3) Speaking of skins - the Warclaw has gotten what? Four? skins since it launched. In a single bundle. Compare that to however many new skins the PvE mounts have gotten and you'll see the PvE mounts are much more heavily monetised - still optionally, though.

I understand that WvW feels neglected, and in some cases I can agree that it is.This is an incredibly weak argument though.

Agree completely. I haven't spent a dime on the game since PoF, and I would guess I spend the vast majority of my play hours in wvw. And yes wvw is neglected. And yes anet will make money off build templates. And yes it is a truly impressive feat that they are able to keep their game afloat in this way, through completely optional purchases that do not even require RL currency . . .

I think I can understand why ppl get frustrated by anet's attempts to profit bc we get so much for free the occasions we are asked to pay are the exception, so ppl ask why. But it is in fact a for profit company. They're supposed to make money . . .

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:It was so clear they monetise this... 3 (+3 limited) ACCOUNT WIDE is just a joke. I play all classes and then you need at least 18 templates...

You get3 Build templates per character2 Gear templates per character3+3 Build Storage (account wide "bank" of Build templates) for the account

Do you need more than 3 per character? How many characters do you need 4+ build templates for?Note - I do not expect 0 to be the answer, just like I don't expect people to keep playing for long with only the 1 free Bank slot.

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:It was so clear they monetise this... 3 (+3 limited) ACCOUNT WIDE is just a joke. I play all classes and then you need at least 18 templates...

You get3 Build templates
per character
2 Gear templates per character3+3 Build Storage (account wide "bank" of Build templates)
for the account

Do you need more than 3
per character
?YesHow many characters do you need 4+ build templates for?Note - I do not expect 0 to be the answer, just like I don't expect people to keep playing for long with only the 1 free Bank slot.Mesmer and necro, definitely (necro has currently 6 builds with 5 different gear sets, mesmer has too many to count, definitely way more than just mere 6, and that's even after considering i have 2 of them).Ranger has 7 different builds, across 3 characters (notice, that the total is actually higher as some builds were duplicated - i do have a power dps soulbeast, but also a SB power dps build for my druid healer character for example, so it can do story content)Guardian has 5 on one char, 2 on another.warrior, ele, rev and thief have 3 (but i have no wvw version for them yet - i was planning to get to it at some point)that leaves only engi with 2 pve build sets (and no wvw one)

@Linken.6345 said:

@"C Cspace Cowboy.5903" said:Why is it that every content update PvE has gotten since PoF has been free, but every update WvW has gotten has been monetized?

GG Anet.

Not another penny.

Strange I can use the warclaw without paying any cash for it.How come you cant do the achievments and get it mate?

You can use it because you already paid for it. When you bought PoF. What about a player who also bought the vanilla (now called "free") and has no PoF? Or a player having HoT but not PoF? He has to pay to use the mount in WvW.So, you already paid. ANet is expecting you to pay more - for skins.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

You get3 Build templates
per character
2 Gear templates per character3+3 Build Storage (account wide "bank" of Build templates)
for the account

Do you need more than 3
per character
?YesHow many characters do you need 4+ build templates for?Note - I do not expect 0 to be the answer, just like I don't expect people to keep playing for long with only the 1 free Bank slot.Mesmer and necro, definitely (necro has currently 6 builds with 5 different gear sets, mesmer has too many to count, definitely way more than just mere 6, and that's even after considering i have 2 of them).Ranger has 7 different builds, across 3 characters (notice, that the total is actually higher as some builds were duplicated - i do have a power dps soulbeast, but also a SB power dps build for my druid healer character for example, so it can do story content)Guardian has 5 on one char, 2 on another.warrior, ele, rev and thief have 3 (but i have no wvw version for them yet - i was planning to get to it at some point)that leaves only engi with 2 pve build sets (and no wvw one)

Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"C Cspace Cowboy.5903" said:Why is it that every content update PvE has gotten since PoF has been free, but every update WvW has gotten has been monetized?

GG Anet.

Not another penny.

You can use it because you already paid for it. When you bought PoF. What about a player who also bought the vanilla (now called "free") and has no PoF? Or a player having HoT but not PoF? He has to
pay
to use the mount in WvW.So, you already paid. ANet is expecting you to pay more - for skins.

If the Warclaw is already paid for with PoF, then so are the Living World Episodes. You can't say one is 'free', and not the other. Either both are free or both are paid for.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also won't use the build templates. Because they won't be using more than one build.Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:So yeah, why are you whining about free storage space?Because he will be losing Arcdps template functionality for this.

Do we know this for certain? Sure, it makes sense that they would ban it in favor of their official, monetized option, but we don't really know that yet, right?That was part of the agreement between delta and Anet - arc templates were to be available only until Anet will release their own version. After that delta has to shut them down.

You get3 Build templates
per character
for the account

Do you need more than 3
per character
? How many characters do you need 4+ build templates for?Note - I do not expect 0 to be the answer, just like I don't expect people to keep playing for long with only the 1 free Bank slot.

Ah yes, sorry, I mistook Build Storage with Build Templates as I forgot what I read before. Then for me it's okay.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Those are definitely not average player amounts. The average player is fine with 1 or two builds per character.Yes, the average player is fine with 1 build per character. They also
won't use the build templates
. Because they
won't
be using more than one build.Build templates were never meant for average players - they were meant for exactly the kind of players like me. And i can tell you my numbers are very tame compared to those that really do care about their builds.

@Firebeard.1746 said:So yeah, why are you whining about free storage space?Because he will be losing Arcdps template functionality for this.

Do we know this for certain? Sure, it makes sense that they would ban it in favor of their official, monetized option, but we don't really know that yet, right?That was part of the agreement between delta and Anet - arc templates were to be available only until Anet will release their own version. After that delta has to shut them down.

Honestly i would appreciate them keeping arcdps running normally, just for the people who had tons of inventory space as this is a downgrade, but for everyone else this is a solid boost, it's extra storage space, completely free with the option to buy more. Right now the glass is both half full and half empty from my perspective.

If that makes you want to leave so be it, but this is nothing like ESO's craft bags. I realized i couldn't play anymore unless I was subbed (or half my time was inventory management). I've seen far worse as far as monetization goes.But i think anet should allow arcdps to continue what it's doing as what anet has is superior by virtue of the gear storage alone. Then no one has lost anything.

But if you leave i recommend a sub based game, but even then mtx is still a thing. Both FFXIV and Wow have cash shops.

And WoW has been kind of sucky this expansion and i noticed the cash shop mounts are way better than in game ones. So you may still be disappointed. And note that sub based games aren't happy with your sub: investors always want to see profits go up, a steady paying customer isn't what capitalism actually wants. It wants more customers or those customers paying more. GoG might be your best bet. But even GoG is having issues keeping the lights on.