Remainder — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Ranger

Remainder

Cyric.7813Cyric.7813 Member ✭✭✭

Whirling Defense still 3 target high cd and (rooted), lol

Comments

  • hobotnicax.7918hobotnicax.7918 Member ✭✭✭

    Nerf its damage by 25% and make it 5 target hit and move while casting. Reduce cd by 20%.

  • aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

    We do not need to copy an other profession on something unique and working... The current design is great. It is defense/aoe denial by power spike first then an attack.
    If you are in range : I reflect all your projectiles
    If you are close : I hit you so hard that you need to back.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @aymnad.9023 said:
    We do not need to copy an other profession on something unique and working... The current design is great. It is defense/aoe denial by power spike first then an attack.
    If you are in range : I reflect all your projectiles
    If you are close : I hit you so hard that you need to back.

    I actually quite like playing with this mechanic and the challenge it provides. I agree though, it would turn into something like whirling warrior axe or (somewhat) like thief daggerstorm. A long time ago I was in the same boat of wanting it not to root the player, but I would be fine either way if it stayed the same or were changed.

  • Sandzibar.5134Sandzibar.5134 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019

    It would be more fun to make daggerstorm and whirling defense static :D

  • Cyric.7813Cyric.7813 Member ✭✭✭

    for me ita okay static but make 5 targeta at least

  • Ferus.3165Ferus.3165 Member ✭✭✭

    the aoe is larger than warriors axe whirl by quite a bit and it also reflects projectiles. I do not think the damage should be lowered just to gain some ms, however it really should hit 5 targets. That is some necessary QoL change for axe offhand.

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

    @hobotnicax.7918 said:
    Nerf its damage by 25% and make it 5 target hit and move while casting. Reduce cd by 20%.

    So basically a much worst version of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe NO TY

    -A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

  • Cyric.7813Cyric.7813 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

    @Arheundel.6451 said:

    @hobotnicax.7918 said:
    Nerf its damage by 25% and make it 5 target hit and move while casting. Reduce cd by 20%.

    So basically a much worst version of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe NO TY

    well extra cd reduction will be great,10% will be enough, i often swap to axes after gs and it 3-4sec until ready