[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"At release, each character will get three Build Template tabs, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. ""Each of your characters will have access to two Equipment Template tabs for free, and the first will be automatically populated with an Equipment Template..."

I know reading is hard...

@"Noizer.4032" said:"At release, each character will get three Build Template tabs, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. ""Each of your characters will have access to two Equipment Template tabs for free, and the first will be automatically populated with an Equipment Template..."

I know reading is hard...

Imagine reading lol.. you're funny.

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.

I would argue running what u call business, in this manner, leads to shutting down, but hey thats just me.

@fewfield.7802 said:Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.I can only feel sad about how much did the standarts change, and how much do we allow devs to get away with nowadays. Time after time we allow for the envelope to be pushed further and further. I really worry how bad it will be in 2-3 years from now.I mean, several years ago this would be considered to be an expansion feature - one of many expansion features. Now we have people defending the fact that this feature, alone, will probably cost more than an expac would.

So, tell me again how it is okay.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.I can only feel sad about how much did the standarts change, and how much do we allow devs to get away with nowadays. Time after time we allow for the envelope to be pushed further and further. I really worry how bad it will be in 2-3 years from now.

So you dont want Anet to make money from their own game?Alot of things in the game are free and they have only few ways to draw money from people.A lot of people also farm in-game gold and convert them to gems.I dont see any problems in this issue.If you dont wanna spend real money, then go farm gold and convert them

Anet also gives some slots to everyone but people are acting like they will get nothing.

@kiranslee.4829 said:

I would argue running what u call business, in this manner, leads to shutting down, but hey thats just me.

Without money the game will be shut down anyway.

@Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567 said:It was also stated that an additional pack of 3 slots would be available for free for a limited time after release. So 6 slots free at release.Those are account-wide build slots. Not the per character build tabs and gear tabs.

@fewfield.7802 said:Without money the game will be shut down anyway.If it cannot sustain itself without selling core features like this, then maybe it's not worth saving anymore.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Question: please define the fundamental difference between this and the sale of bank slot, bag slots and shared inventory slots?

The diference is that we had allowed templates in game for at least 2 years and now they are baned. For those that were using templates already it is paying for something they already have and not new feature.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Question: please define the fundamental difference between this and the sale of bank slot, bag slots and shared inventory slots?

The diference is that we had allowed templates in game for at least 2 years and now they are baned. For those that were using templates already it is paying for something they already have and not new feature.

You mean like saving trait setups? I know we could save them in GW. I have not seen how to save them in GW2. Did they add it, and I did not hear about it?

@Tukaram.8256 said:

You mean like saving trait setups? I know we could save them in GW. I have not seen how to save them in GW2. Did they add it, and I did not hear about it?

There is an unofficial-but-greenlit add-on called ArcDPS that includes a build-saving functionality that the creator has stated is only until Anet launches official templates.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

We also knew since their introduction with ArcDPS that they will be removed from Arc once the official solution will be released. That was the condition under which they were allowed in the first place.

@Astralporing.1957 said:If it cannot sustain itself without selling core features like this, then maybe it's not worth saving anymore.

So the game was not worth playing since release? Character slots and bank tabs are also core features. Maybe we allowed them already 7 years ago to get away with it and it was too late when the game released in 2012?The feature itself is free, just not all slots available. Big difference and puts it in line with character, bank and inventory slots.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

There is an unofficial-but-greenlit add-on called ArcDPS that includes a build-saving functionality that the creator has stated is only until Anet launches official templates.

Ok. No wonder I never heard of it. But that also means that Arenanet never gave it to us for free... so any slots they give us for free is an improvement.

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Question: please define the fundamental difference between this and the sale of bank slot, bag slots and shared inventory slots?

Arcdps Is allowed addon in the game. One of its features were build templates. You saved separately skills, legendary gear, traits and nonlegendary gear. You could also save only few parts of gear so to swap weapons but lef your gear the same as it was.

Personaly my chrono has ~8 diferent legendary templates, ~12 diferent nonlegendary templates, ~15 traitlines and ~6 skill combinations.Some of those nonlegendary templates are just for swaping weapons so in reality there are 30+ builds (with legendary/nonlegendary combinations included).Swaping traits by hand is ok (i will write some piece of paper to remind me what to pick) but swaping whole gear takes sooo long that I will have to buy ~10 templates minimum.

And I can say goodbye to "half templates"

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.I can only feel sad about how much did the standarts change, and how much do we allow devs to get away with nowadays. Time after time we allow for the envelope to be pushed further and further. I really worry how bad it will be in 2-3 years from now.I mean, several years ago this would be considered to be an expansion feature - one of
many
expansion features. Now we have people defending the fact that this feature, alone, will probably cost more than an expac would.

Couldn't agree more.

@Shep.4026 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.I can only feel sad about how much did the standarts change, and how much do we allow devs to get away with nowadays. Time after time we allow for the envelope to be pushed further and further. I really worry how bad it will be in 2-3 years from now.I mean, several years ago this would be considered to be an expansion feature - one of
many
expansion features. Now we have people defending the fact that this feature, alone, will probably cost more than an expac would.

Couldn't agree more.

It does sound like what would be an expansion feature. But, in an expansion, they would probably only give us a limited amount (say 3?), and then make more available for sale. So if they are giving us 3 for free, and making more available - yeah, that is alright with me. I doubt I would ever use the 3 they give us... but we each play differently...

@kiranslee.4829 said:

I guess getting some free and buy more is money grabbing. Might as well complain players are being screwed over by limited bank space.