Thanks for the FREE build templates ANET!!

SLOTH.5231

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These defend agressive monetisation topics should stop :(Selling equipment storage slots, sure?But build template is probably like a text file? why do we have to bought templates too??Double monetisation would only get worse if you defend or allow itPlease don't encourage them to become activision/blizard 2.0 :(

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I don’t see what the issue is as we’re getting three free character slots. Well, technically it’s six as they’re giving us three more for free for a limited time. Not sure if those three are character bound or account bound.

Before this we had free unlimited build templates. After, our templates are paid-for and limited to 6.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I don’t see what the issue is as we’re getting three free character slots. Well, technically it’s six as they’re giving us three more for free for a limited time. Not sure if those three are character bound or account bound.

Before this we had free unlimited build templates. After, our templates are paid-for and limited to 6.

No, only people who used obscure third party programs had them. No everyone can have them directly from Anet.

We get up to six for free at release. Note the part about them being free? This is no different than bag slots. I guess the default bag slots that come with each character aren’t free either?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

We get up to six for free at release. Note the part about them being free? This is no different than bag slots. I guess the default bag slots that come with each character aren’t free either?

What?

Again:Before this we had free unlimited build templates. After, our templates are paid-for and limited to 6.

@yoni.7015 said:

No, only people who used obscure third party programs had them. No everyone can have them directly from Anet.

Except it wasn’t obscure, it was incredibly popular and almost everyone I meet in game uses it. People like you are a minority. Good that your ignorance is now paying off, but the majority isn’t happy about this.

So you are now speaking for the majority? I will ignore your insult calling me ignorant, that’s what bullies like you do.

Actually yeah, I have played in raids, fractals, GvG and WvW and PvP and all the dedicated players I meet use build templates. Logic even dictates such players would be using tools like that. So I can certainly say most vets were already using this system. Also I didn’t insult you, in the context of what I said, your “ignorance” refers to that you lacked the knowledge of such tools. Not an insult simply a fact.

What?

Again:Before this we had free unlimited build templates. After, our templates are paid-for and limited to 6.

Only if you used third party program. We did not have them from the developers of the game, that is a difference.

What?

Build templates using ARCDPS was only temporarily allowed until Anet had implemented them into the game.

Except it wasn’t obscure, it was incredibly popular and almost everyone I meet in game uses it. People like you are a minority. Good that your ignorance is now paying off, but the majority isn’t happy about this.

So you are now speaking for the majority? I will ignore your insult calling me ignorant, that’s what bullies like you do.

Actually yeah, I have played in raids, fractals, GvG and WvW and PvP and all the dedicated players I meet use build templates. Logic even dictates such players would be using tools like that. So I can certainly say most vets were already using this system. Also I didn’t insult you, in the context of what I said, your “ignorance” refers to that you lacked the knowledge of such tools. Not an insult simply a fact.

I play this game since release and I play PvP, fractals and raids and I find use third party programs. Now we will get them from the developers, that is a good thing.

Yes it was an insult, but it’s okay. I know some people feel strong and brave online.

Actually yeah, I have played in raids, fractals, GvG and WvW and PvP and all the dedicated players I meet use build templates. Logic even dictates such players would be using tools like that. So I can certainly say most vets were already using this system.Interesting metric. To me, it seems that ANet caters a lot more to the casual PvE crowd than these that you've listed which leads me to believe that their metrics as to what makes up the majority of players is different from your perspective. Still, I won't argue that this change will affect a significant portion of the player base. I'm just not sure it would qualify as the majority.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Saniyah.1984 said:agressive monetisation

This is nonsense. You will get enough for free and if you want more you can convert gold to gems.

I have like 17 different builds on my ele main ALONE, not including my 12 other characters across two accounts. If you're skeptical you can see it in my vids.I'm not spending THAT much money on something I already have and shouldn't need to pay for in the first place! Some of us like to play around with different builds and have variations of builds for certain situations.

@solemn.9608 said:

This is nonsense. You will get enough for free and if you want more you can convert gold to gems.

I have like 17 different builds on my ele main ALONE, not including my 12 other characters across two accounts. If you're skeptical you can see it in my vids.I'm not spending THAT much money on something I already have and shouldn't need to pay for in the first place! Ridiculous.

No thanks, I am not interested in your videos.But it seems that you will have to pay for it if you want to keep having 17 builds. But no one is forcing you to have that many. Unfortunately this is your problem.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Saniyah.1984" said:agressive monetisation

I have like 17 different builds on my ele main ALONE, not including my 12 other characters across two accounts. If you're skeptical you can see it in my vids.I'm not spending THAT much money on something I already have and shouldn't need to pay for in the first place! Ridiculous.

No thanks, I am not interested in your videos.But it seems that you will have to pay for it if you want to keep having 17 builds. But no one is forcing you to have that many. Unfortunately this is your problem.

Damn, I am so offended that you're not interested in the videos that I never even suggested you should watch.I guess next time something becomes "your problem" but not "my problem", I will be sure to avoid sympathizing with your troubles, you man of great distaste.

@yoni.7015 said:

No its not nonsense, It currently a free feature from Arcdps im not sure if its infinate but more then 10 templates, absolutely!They telling the developer from arc to stop giving this feature for FREE so they can sell you a feature that existed! "Agressive monetisation"Now equipment storage is not a feature arcdps offers plus we sort of have it with bag/bank slots so it is understandable to sell it in gem storeBut they are charging us DOUBLE or grind for HOURS if NOT DAYS to get that. much gold it is NOT fun gameplay!!!!There are people with 20+builds they have to farmed 14x200(if they are 200) 2800 gems/400 = 7x150 gold 1050 goldHow long does it take you to earn 1050 gold?? if less then 1 hours PLEASE share your method!!

Ps and ALL of this is asuming 1 template is 200 gems each if its 400 its 2100 gold if its 800 its 4200 gold if you can get this much without grinding n farming to point of boredom then SHARE pls >.<

@solemn.9608 said:

I have like 17 different builds on my ele main ALONE, not including my 12 other characters across two accounts. If you're skeptical you can see it in my vids.I'm not spending THAT much money on something I already have and shouldn't need to pay for in the first place! Some of us like to play around with different builds and have variations of builds for certain situations.

You gotta pay to play buddy. Either you support the game or you don’t. Gold is easy enough to earn to buy more slots. Your choice!

@SLOTH.5231 said:

You gotta pay to play buddy. Either you support the game or you don’t. Gold is easy enough to earn to buy more slots. Your choice!

I've BEEN paying to play for 7 years! What an easy answer to give, what a convenient reply for you to have. You are not seeing the big picture here but instead saying "this is not my problem so deal with it" just like the last guy I replied to. It's about the principle, I've given anet hundreds of dollars over the years, it's not like I don't have cash to spend I just defy this on principle, as should you!

@solemn.9608 said:

I've BEEN paying to play for 7 years! What an easy answer to give, what a convenient reply for you to have. You are not seeing the big picture here but instead saying "this is not my problem so deal with it" just like the last guy I replied to. It's about the principle, I've given anet hundreds of dollars over the years, it's not like I don't have cash to spend I just defy this on principle, as should you!

I am playing the game since release as well and I also have principles. For example to pay other people for their work and not to expect to get everything for free.