The Griffon....needs some work.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Llethander.3972 said:Don't use the attack button to dive. Use "Mount Ability 1" to dive, instead. Default bound to X. Since I started doing that I stopped having the problem.

I never get the same speed with ability 1 like with the attack button.

That's unusual. I have noticed no difference between attack vs ability 1 or attack + flap vs ability 1 + flap. They should be identical in how the dive operates and the speed buff gained.

Attack 1 lets you dive for a set time and if you hit the ground during that time you attack and dismount.

Ability 1 only lets you dive for as long as you press the key. Even if you hit the ground you won't dismount and attack.Ability 1 is far better for precise maneuvers and far better to get to top speed faster. If you want superspeed, hold the Ability 1 key and press space.

@Adenin.5973 said:Attack 1 lets you dive for a set time and if you hit the ground during that time you attack and dismount.

Ability 1 only lets you dive for as long as you press the key. Even if you hit the ground you won't dismount and attack.Ability 1 is far better for precise maneuvers and far better to get to top speed faster. If you want superspeed, hold the Ability 1 key and press space.

Attack 1 actually has two components. If you press the button you will dive for a set time, as you mentioned, before attacking and being dismounted if you make contact with the ground. If, however, you press and hold attack 1 you will continue to dive until you hit the ground before attacking and dismounting unless you release the attack button beforehand.

One thing I will admit to, and about the only argument I consider valid for using attack over ability 1, is that as far as I can tell using the attack button to dive will give you the exact minimum dive required in order to gain top speed without using the flap boost.

Edit: I misread the post. For some reason I read it as the attack was better for getting to top speed faster. Derp.

@Llethander.3972 said:

@Llethander.3972 said:Don't use the attack button to dive. Use "Mount Ability 1" to dive, instead. Default bound to X. Since I started doing that I stopped having the problem.

That's unusual. I have noticed no difference between attack vs ability 1 or attack + flap vs ability 1 + flap. They should be identical in how the dive operates and the speed buff gained.

Attack and then flapping when the dive is over. I get massive speed.Ability then flapping and the only thing I get is that I dropped a few feet. The only thing ability seems good for to me is to get back some height. Attack best for speed.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Llethander.3972 said:

Attack and then flapping when the dive is over. I get massive speed.Ability then flapping and the only thing I get is that I dropped a few feet. The only thing ability seems good for to me is to get back some height. Attack best for speed.

You hold the ability 1 button, wait for the gryphon to actually start diving, and then flap. They are, for all intents and purposes, the same aside from the fact that the attack skill will always dive a specific distance thus meaning you don't have to worry about timing at all whereas using ability 1 you have to time the flap so you don't flap too early.

Yeah, I've had this happen several times. A couple of times it was when boost-flying underneath the Jackal Ranch. Once it was when boost flying near the "place where you fight the Herald in Highlands." It kind of seems like it happens when I'm flying at max speed and maybe graze something small or invisible, and just instantly die.

Archived