False advertising? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

False advertising?

Josa.5067Josa.5067 Member ✭✭
edited October 5, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

<134

Comments

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I chuckled too, it looks ridiculously off scale. I would not be impressed after spending money.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

lets remind of mounts situation too, when my charr are in a raptor, i remember a old mmo where i can mount pigs 20x smaller than me.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's a pretty bad difference there. For once I agree that refunds should be granted, if the chair can't be changed so that charr actually have the pose in the pic (and have a chair that is to the proper scale).

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Are you able to preview it first like with glider skins and such?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

That is pretty bad.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Josa.5067 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Are you able to preview it first like with glider skins and such?

No. Preview won't show its size, or the pose.

I hadn't looked, so I didn't know. Ok.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

Eeek, gotta share the thoughts on this.. it's pretty awful comparison.
    I have no clue why chairs are thing in the game anyway, so I wont be buying it, but yeah... refund cos that looks trash - poorly posed and scaled to fit an Asura :)

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

@Sera.2146 said:
    Different advertised chair size, different advertised pose. That is indeed false advertising...

Perhaps the characters a different size, and besides, it's a representation of the item, not the actual item for sale...isn't that what preview is for(and if not, then something is wrong with the preview, since everything else shows it the items on your character or your character using it), so you can see what it would look like on your character?

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Josa.5067Josa.5067 Member ✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Sera.2146 said:
    Different advertised chair size, different advertised pose. That is indeed false advertising...

Perhaps the characters a different size, and besides, it's a representation of the item, not the actual item for sale...isn't that what preview is for(and if not, then something is wrong with the preview, since everything else shows it the items on your character or your character using it), so you can see what it would look like on your character?

You can only preview the item itself. No way to preview what your character looks like when sitting on it, so even the size is kind of ambigious.

• Sithis.3564Sithis.3564 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

You cannot preview Your character in a chair.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is that a charr cub in the gem store picture? This looks daft, they should remedy it.

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

I agree, something seems odd here. However, and I hate to point this out, this is a "chair". People are using in-game gold, or real world money, to buy gems in order to get a chair. Not a skin - that at least moves with your character, but a chair. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see the point in these.

Is it...for you to sit in it and and hope people who see you will think "This guy/gal is so cool"? Is that it?

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:
    You know whats funny about this? My norn who is the largest norn you can be has a proper pose, that exact pose while my charr who is not quite as big as they can get doesn't. My norn dwarfs alot of the charr even when they are at max height... so I feel like they didn't even mess with the charr model to make it have a better pose.

the chair even looks better.

Holy kitten im glad i found this thread, was really excited about the Chair until i saw how bad it looks for the race its advertised for...

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:
    You know whats funny about this? My norn who is the largest norn you can be has a proper pose, that exact pose while my charr who is not quite as big as they can get doesn't. My norn dwarfs alot of the charr even when they are at max height... so I feel like they didn't even mess with the charr model to make it have a better pose.

the chair even looks better.

Holy kitten im glad i found this thread, was really excited about the Chair until i saw how bad it looks for the race its advertised for...

yea so the size scaling ain't the issue, The issue is A-net just kitten this.

• Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can we Charr players plz have our charrs sitting in this chair like on the picture ... otherwise I want my gems back.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

Yeah... I think I'm going to give it a day for a dev response. If we don't get a good one, I'll be asking for a refund.
    [Edit]
    Actually, waiting a day may weaken my chances of getting said refund. And where do we start the process of telling them we want our gems back? Support?

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• NeyteriKiyeri.4207NeyteriKiyeri.4207 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

hmm, I won't buy this chair till it looks like in the advertisment.. Pic in game is a chair for cubs, not adult charrs.

• Kitty.6219Kitty.6219 Member ✭✭✭

Well, that's a chair I'm no longer excited about and I no longer want to buy!

Why can't charr have nice things??

I would love to have a different pose, heck, even have a 6 to 0 with different poses for all races would be very nice!

But No. :L

Well... The advertisement is gone now. Let's see if they do anything to the chair.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Josa.5067 said:
    Well... The advertisement is gone now. Let's see if they do anything to the chair.

Lol, it is. GG Guys and Gals, cant have false advertising if theres no advertisement.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Husband compared it to an adult sitting in a chair specifically designed for toddlers. Sure you might just barely be able to fit in it but you're not comfortable.

He's not even as into the game as I am and he agrees there's something wrong when the chair you get in a Raid looks better for Charr than one you actually pay for that was designed FOR the Charr.

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

Seriously... If Arena Net sold a freaking toilet bowl with a kitten floating on it, there would be people buying it...
    That's the message that we, as a community, have told Arena Net since the Mountgate.
    So yeah, what do you expect? Quality?

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Diff in size aside, why is the charr's pose so scuffed?

edited October 1, 2019

@zealex.9410 said:
    Diff in size aside, why is the charr's pose so scuffed?

Because all the chairs are too small for charr. I was thinking that this one might be an exception, but...

It looks like he's going to fall out, and is struggling to stay on the chair.

Or he's stuck and is trying to get out of the chair... Either one works really.

• So, stick with the default tiny wooden chair that we can get for free. Got it.

Unless they decide to let us paint the skyscale one.

• Harak.8397Harak.8397 Member ✭✭✭

Of course, the chair would be scaled to a human's size ;)

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

Holy kitten that's bad.

• SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

Yes. False adverising.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:
    And where do we start the process of telling them we want our gems back? Support?

Yes.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:
    Glad I saw this thread, now I know not to spend my money on this trash.

Ditto. What a shame, because otherwise it is such a cool looking chair.

P.S. If you are considering getting the Chilly Chaise chair: don't. It has the same issue and - in general - the most boring sitting pose. It only looks acceptable on female Norn, to be honest.