SkyFurY.6057

Warhorn gets buffed with:

• increased swiftness duration
  • damage buff for allies and self
  • traits in tactics which apply effects to 10 people
  • barrier on skill 5
  • improved condition removal on skill 5
  • added a blast finisher on skill 4

Yet people find reasons to complain. Baffling.

Having no trait associated with cooldown reduction means the cooldowns are where they are supposed to be and players are not forced to skill into cr via trait.

They could also increase cooldowns baseline and reintroduce the trait. How does that sound?

@SkyFurY.6057 said:

@SkyFurY.6057 said:The warhorn changes feel nice but did u really have to take off our 20% recharge reduction of the warhorn trait :(?

Martial Cadence is probably why they took it away. Have you tried it yet?

3sec off if u hit with your f1 all 15sec sounds lame the other 2 traits are better

yea, super lame, i thought it was on every burst, but meh it was every 15 seconds, warrior already has pretty low CD and fast hand gives even faster access to skill, not really worth a grand master

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Warhorn gets buffed with:

• barrier on skill 5

Having no trait associated with cooldown reduction means the cooldowns are where they are supposed to be and players are not forced to skill into cr via trait.

They could also increase cooldowns baseline and reintroduce the trait. How does that sound?

your respond make no sense, why even bother.read again -"every "insert nerf" means are where they are supposed to be.how about we nerf "insert class" more then buff back by 1/4 how does that sound"your argument only imply every single anet changes are perfect and on point.thanks for the template tho, i can copy/paste this template to every nerf/changes you complain in the forum.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@SkyFurY.6057 said:The warhorn changes feel nice but did u really have to take off our 20% recharge reduction of the warhorn trait :(?

Martial Cadence is probably why they took it away. Have you tried it yet?

3sec off if u hit with your f1 all 15sec sounds lame the other 2 traits are better

yea, super lame, i thought it was on every burst, but meh it was every 15 seconds, warrior already has pretty low CD and fast hand gives even faster access to skill, not really worth a grand master

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Warhorn gets buffed with:
  • barrier on skill 5

your respond make no sense, why even bother.read again -"every "insert nerf" means are where they are supposed to be.how about we nerf "insert class" more then buff back by 1/4 how does that sound"your argument only imply every single anet changes are perfect and on point.thanks for the template tho, i can copy/paste this template to every nerf/changes you complain in the forum.

Except that warhorn saw one of the biggest buffs ever to a weapon so far. It wasn't nerfed, it was buffed far beyond what the 1 change provided.

The swiftness uptime is better now even at longer cd. The condition removal is far better. The new effects are strait up upgrades and wuite powerful.

My answer implied that the weapon got severely buffed and any complaints about something as minor as cooldown reduction loss (which arguably isn't even a nerf since a common cooldown means the weapon is more useful without specific traits and is not balalanced with for a trait reduced cooldown) are hilarious at this point in time.

Im more upset that they removed adrenalin gain on shouts AND on warhorn.

Its a pain to get adrenalin up in a zerg, especially while both zergs are shipping away out of warrior range. And then when the engage comes, i cant use my hammerstun to go in, feelsbadman.

Id be happy for 0.5 adrenalin for each person affected by warhorn or 1adrenalin for each person affected by shout.That would be 5 adrenalin. I dont even need it on both, but one of those would be great.

@RedShark.9548 said:Im more upset that they removed adrenalin gain on shouts AND on warhorn.

Its a pain to get adrenalin up in a zerg, especially while both zergs are shipping away out of warrior range. And then when the engage comes, i cant use my hammerstun to go in, feelsbadman.

Id be happy for 0.5 adrenalin for each person affected by warhorn or 1adrenalin for each person affected by shout.That would be 5 adrenalin. I dont even need it on both, but one of those would be great.

yeah andrenaline buildup is getting more and more painful...

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Don't we have a heal skill, a utility, and berserker's elite to just.... Err.... Fill adrenaline?

Seems like it doesn't make sense to complain about adrenaline build up speed, if you're not taking the built in mechanics to fix that.

This. There are several traits, utilities, elites, and healing skills to take to aid in adrenaline gain. While I wish they had kept the adrenaline gain on at least shouts or warhorn when traited, there are other options. Seems sad though that Tactics now is the only trait line that does not offer a means to gain adrenaline, either through the traits, the utility skills and weapon skills linked to it, or in the case of e-specs the utility skills granted by the trait line.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Don't we have a heal skill, a utility, and berserker's elite to just.... Err.... Fill adrenaline?

Seems like it doesn't make sense to complain about adrenaline build up speed, if you're not taking the built in mechanics to fix that.

This. There are several traits, utilities, elites, and healing skills to take to aid in adrenaline gain. While I wish they had kept the adrenaline gain on at least shouts or warhorn when traited, there are other options. Seems sad though that Tactics now is the only trait line that does not offer a means to gain adrenaline, either through the traits, the utility skills and weapon skills linked to it, or in the case of e-specs the utility skills granted by the trait line.

I think that's the idea: going away from this passive game play (we all cried about).However it's not consequently done, but it's a start (I hope) :-)

Edit: thinking about that a second time... Probably makes no sense

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@otto.5684 said:I tried tactics with dps. It does not work. I will try to go full support (heal+boon duration) and see if that works out.

Not for personal DPS outside of PvP/WvW anyway. Did you try it out in WvW?

I do not WvW. Only sPvP. It did get personal dps in PvE with the 7% increased damage and CD reduction of skills. It is not going to dethrone the other lines though.

I am seeing a possibility of decent support in sPvP with healing and boon duration. I will give it a shot and see how it works.

@otto.5684 said:

@otto.5684 said:I tried tactics with dps. It does not work. I will try to go full support (heal+boon duration) and see if that works out.

I do not WvW. Only sPvP. It did get personal dps in PvE with the 7% increased damage and CD reduction of skills. It is not going to dethrone the other lines though.

I am seeing a possibility of decent support in sPvP with healing and boon duration. I will give it a shot and see how it works.

There is definite support potential there. Shrug it Off + Vigorous Shouts is looking like it will be fairly nice support. Phalanx Strength and Soldier's Focus won't dethrone Druid at might stacking, but if Phalanx Strength and Mender's Might is some solid sustain.

Haven't gone into WvW yet myself to try out Warrior's Cunning, but I expect it to be hilarious.

• 2 months later...

@otto.5684 said:

Tell me what you think you might gain from boon duration.

Warrior doesnt have alot of boons to begin with and those they have frequently are already pretty long duration wise.