Spellbreaker is Gamebreaker (Story Time)

Lethion.8745

I will tell you a stroy. One day, two Spellbreakers faced with 5 guys in sPvP. Those 5 poor guys were 2 scourge, 1 core warrior, 1 fresh air ele and1 holosmith. Guess what happened in the end? Yep, you did right. Spellbreakers wiped them all. Such balance, much skill B) (true story),

@Dawdler.8521 said:The funny thing isnt that spellbreakers are broken. Its that Anet doesnt seem to have played a single minute either with or against them.

I think Anet hurried up a bit much to release the expansion. Let's just hope they will hurry up to patch it too ^^

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Perhaps you should hurry up to L2P instead? :P

Do you suppose me to play like I'm trying to write correct equations to send a rocket to outer space while spellbreaker just smashes his head to keyboard? Nah, thanks. I just gonna ignore them until the patch.

I have seen 2 condi mesmer wiped a 5+ man party in wvw, i have seen 1 core thief killed 3 players in wvw, i have seen a lot more of these.

What is your point again?

Spellbreaker is strong in good hands that is no argue about it, so as every other classes, player with skill can make very huge differences, 2 good rangers can wiped 5 weak players on point. Doesn't make ranger OP. Learn to adapt.

These threads are getting ridiculous.

I've seen one thief kill 10 people in edge of the mists (I've seen plenty of zergs wiped out by one necro too in EOTM). Does it mean thief was OP? No. Lot's of different factors going into how that thief managed to kill 10 people when on paper they should have lost.

@Crossaber.8934 said:I have seen 2 condi mesmer wiped a 5+ man party in wvw, i have seen 1 core thief killed 3 players in wvw, i have seen a lot more of these.

Spellbreaker is strong in good hands that is no argue about it, so as every other classes, player with skill can make very huge differences, 2 good rangers can wiped 5 weak players on point. Doesn't make ranger OP. Learn to adapt.

Different story: 1 spellbreaker starting dueling with another spellbreaker. They were fighting for like 30min (I timed it) do you know what happened? Nothing. They couldn't kill each other. NOTHING.Different story: Group of 6 hunting down a spellbreaker. He killed us all.Different story: Group of 5 hunting down a spellbreaker. He killed us all.Different story: 1 spellbreaked dueling a daredevil and a reaper. He killed both

Don't just pretend you don't know that spellbreaker is as op as the scourge. At least be honest jeez.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:I have seen 2 condi mesmer wiped a 5+ man party in wvw, i have seen 1 core thief killed 3 players in wvw, i have seen a lot more of these.

Different story: 1 spellbreaker starting dueling with another spellbreaker. They were fighting for like 30min (I timed it) do you know what happened? Nothing. They couldn't kill each other. NOTHING.Different story: Group of 6 hunting down a spellbreaker. He killed us all.Different story: Group of 5 hunting down a spellbreaker. He killed us all.Different story: 1 spellbreaked dueling a daredevil and a reaper. He killed both

Don't just pretend you don't know that spellbreaker is as op as the scourge. At least be honest jeez.

Let me guess; you all went melee range in a nice tight group and spammed attack and died?

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Let me guess; you all went melee range in a nice tight group and spammed attack and died?

No we all split and start hitting him both melee and ranged from different directions with power and conditions but yeah I gues all the groups that die to spellbreakes are cause they are stupid and not because spellbreaker is broken.

@Dawdler.8521 said:The funny thing isnt that spellbreakers are broken. Its that Anet doesnt seem to have played a single minute either with or against them.

There was a spellbreaker warrior in the brawling pit yesterday with a ArenaNet tag. The warrior was named "Nerf Warrior Plz"

@Lethion.8745 said:I will tell you a stroy. One day, two Spellbreakers faced with 5 guys in sPvP. Those 5 poor guys were 2 scourge, 1 core warrior, 1 fresh air ele and1 holosmith. Guess what happened in the end? Yep, you did right. Spellbreakers wiped them all. Such balance, much skill B) (true story),Sounds like learn to play issueYou can't control yourself for 1 1/2 seconds that's a you problem

@Lethion.8745 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Perhaps you should hurry up to L2P instead? :P

Do you suppose me to play like I'm trying to write correct equations to send a rocket to outer space while spellbreaker just smashes his head to keyboard? Nah, thanks. I just gonna ignore them until the patch.

In other words you are just stubborn to alter your playstyle and want arena net to do the job for you else you are not going to playK

I play 5 classes on PvP (a bit of WvW roaming and mostly sPvP), but i'll describe my experience with the 3 classes i play the most:

Ranger: Scourges are always my first target, i can down them really fast. Spellbreakers? I feel they're "unhitable". Seriously, the window you have to attack a Spellbreaker is just too small to kill them with spike damage.

Guardian: Playing as a Burn DH i need to melee my enemy most of the time to inflict those burning stacks, so its risky, but it's possible. I can lure them to drop their bomb and then i put pressure, sometimes they die, sometimes i have to disengage (no more condi cleanses). About Spellbreakers? Sometimes i can stack a bit of burning, but hey, they are good at cleaning this too. My blocks? Well, you know that "unblockable" thing, right?

Necro: Well, i can sustain hardly here. I can kill Scourges if i'm fast. But spellbreakers? Well, i won't even bother wrinting anything else about these guys.

Anet is just using Spellbreakers to force people to buy PoF. That's the only thing i can imagine. If they've tested that spec for, let's say an hour, on their office before releasing it would be CLEAR that the class is broken (at least they have a lot of data now, right?).

Caster profession players qqing about a class made to be a caster killer. The domination mesmer is back and its a warrior. We had these types of mechanics in gw1 people learned to handle them not cry about them. Current state of breaker on pve is fun and fun fact this is a pve game.

• 3 weeks later...

@Crinn.7864 said:

There was a spellbreaker warrior in the brawling pit yesterday with a ArenaNet tag. The warrior was named "Nerf Warrior Plz"

Isn't that the guy who works for the fractals team? He should be in the pvp team, I always see him there.

@Lethion.8745 said:I will tell you a stroy. One day, two Spellbreakers faced with 5 guys in sPvP. Those 5 poor guys were 2 scourge, 1 core warrior, 1 fresh air ele and1 holosmith. Guess what happened in the end? Yep, you did right. Spellbreakers wiped them all. Such balance, much skill B) (true story),

Not saying SBs are not over over performing, but if his is an indication of anything is how bad the 5 players are to lose to 2 players.

The other day, I was playing core guarding and together with an ally Holo Smith we defeated an SB, Scourge and a Mirage. By this logic core guardian and holo smith are now extremely OPed. Clearly it is a skill issue.

@Shafi.8952 said:How do you die to a class that has only 2 ranged weapon? rifle and bow that does pitiful damage.

If you go into melee, you deserve to die. Because warrior is suppose to be the master of melee.

Fail logic strikes again! Vast majority of combat in sPvP occurs in melee range. Using this logic we should all play warriors. All other classes are pansies that should never set foot in sPvP.

Archived