Removing swiftness from overload was a huge hit to tempest

Fortus.6175

Sure, in PvE and WvW it might not be a big deal since in PvE most people were taking the stability trait or you dont need to get from point A to B all that fast, or there is plenty of swiftness to go around.

In PvP though, this has been a HUGE nerf to support tempests, who now have little to no access to swiftness if we take the trait that applies regen to shouts.It wasnt like tempest eles were OP to begin with, so "shifting" an integral part of overloads to an optional trait that heavily competes with other, was not a good move.

Anet, when we asked for the master passive trait to be less overwhelming, we ask to ADD to it, not remove and replace. Honestly, I know see myself to either take traveler or be even slower than I was as a staff support. Please reconsider the change and revert the swiftness back to the passive IN ADDITION to its current functionality.

@"Fortus.6175" said:Sure, in PvE and WvW it might not be a big deal since in PvE most people were taking the stability trait or you dont need to get from point A to B all that fast, or there is plenty of swiftness to go around.

In PvP though, this has been a HUGE nerf to support tempests, who now have little to no access to swiftness if we take the trait that applies regen to shouts.It wasnt like tempest eles were OP to begin with, so "shifting" an integral part of overloads to an optional trait that heavily competes with other, was not a good move.

Anet, when we asked for the master passive trait to be less overwhelming, we ask to ADD to it, not remove and replace. Honestly, I know see myself to either take traveler or be even slower than I was as a staff support. Please reconsider the change and revert the swiftness back to the passive IN ADDITION to its current functionality.

Yes, I agree.

@"Fortus.6175" said:Sure, in PvE and WvW it might not be a big deal since in PvE most people were taking the stability trait or you dont need to get from point A to B all that fast, or there is plenty of swiftness to go around.

In PvP though, this has been a HUGE nerf to support tempests, who now have little to no access to swiftness if we take the trait that applies regen to shouts.It wasnt like tempest eles were OP to begin with, so "shifting" an integral part of overloads to an optional trait that heavily competes with other, was not a good move.OMG)Anet, when we asked for the master passive trait to be less overwhelming, we ask to ADD to it, not remove and replace. Honestly, I know see myself to either take traveler or be even slower than I was as a staff support. Please reconsider the change and revert the swiftness back to the passive IN ADDITION to its current functionality.

If you are heal tempest then your water overload already fill out all the boons on the other point down and top is for wvw and buggy(share aura with 10) so far I know on top you can be in air and cast swiftness.

But I feel you pain those changed ruining my built for wvw too. I always took the last point in the middle for removing condis now I have to decide between this and dps. Those changes sucks.

In general the problem with the balancing atm is it is nuts e.g ele are melee expert with swordweaver(instead of aoe/rang expert), necros are experts in aoes(instead of minions and curses), thiefs have no trade off in terms of dmg & stealth, at least so far I know it, and the newst addition to the zoo is heal warrior .

This is the build I got pre patch for wvw : http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEwEmosA2FDjJxOxjVy8dB-zRJYjRHfhEUBUdK0dEo6hIA7h3ifbWA-e

I basically adapted it for PvP anyway it has more healing then the Tempest more condi cleansing then any other build on top of it is as hard to kill like the scrapper when they changed him and this was before the patch .. which buffed it (OMG). = strongest auxiliary support

Let me be clear for others it is not the problem to be able to do something different then usually with you class the problem comes from when the spot is taken by another class your are forced to change classes or completely your play style + build. On top of that it is really alienating when you have classes which do things you don't expect to do with a dual classes system you have at least an explanation from where the weirdness comes but here ? Its all the devs

Guys, guys - hear me out; there's a simple solution to this! Just take the air trait line so you get +25% speed while in air attunement and zephyr's boon so that you once again have swiftness being granted to you when your overload gives you an aura from unstable conduit. Overloads have swiftness again - kind of! It even lasts 7sec with the new concentration minor tempest was given. Just don't mind that about 80% of the trait line may as not well exist as far as support builds are concerned and you're set.

It's most likely a coincidence that you have just enough time to charge up and cast a new overload with the swiftness from zephyr's boon lasting 7sec with gathered focus now existing, but there's a tiny chance the balance team actually thought it would be a reasonable way for tempests to keep swiftness up and, if that's the case, that is HORRIFYING.

One solution could have been to combine just enough quickness to cast a full overload with the stability.Another ? add 33%(or 25% if I'm being too greedy) movement speed while overloading (it might still removes the need for swiftness with stab though)

Not having swiftness by default on overload is, for me, a huge hit.You're slow, very slow.

If you want to move that tiny bit faster you have to choose one or more of these:

• go arcane and dip your toe in air attunement that's quality rotation.
  • go air trait, congratulations you can choose a whooping "1" trait for your build !
  • use a utility skill, should I use my heal glyph, aftershock or air signet(no swiftness on this one) ?
  • use an air weapon skill and guess what, you have only staff, dagger(off), warhorn to give you swiftness on some nice cooldowns too. Enjoy...
  • get it from other players, I am playing an mmo(?) fair point I guess...
  • use runes/sigils...
  • Bonus: use a movement skill (ie: staff fire 4, dagger: fire 3, air 4 , earth 3...)

Looks like a lot right ? Until you understand that you're having to put in that much effort for one single life changing boon.As an ele, being able to move just a little bit faster can mean life or death and now, as a tempest, you're just dead.

Let's not forget the fact that overloads also serve as stunbreaks making movement speed that much more crucial if used as such.(please don't see this as an invitation to remove the stunbreak feature)

Anyways, hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:MpS09xx.jpg

I really don't think I've ever needed to overload attunements to gain swiftness on support ele. If I need even more swiftness for the group I can place a static 900 range ahead of tag and triple blast it for over a minute of swiftness lol

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Windborne_Speedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cyclone

Taken from https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/88476/tempest-nerf