Removing swiftness from overload was a huge hit to tempest

Fortus.6175

Sure, in PvE and WvW it might not be a big deal since in PvE most people were taking the stability trait or you dont need to get from point A to B all that fast, or there is plenty of swiftness to go around.

In PvP though, this has been a HUGE nerf to support tempests, who now have little to no access to swiftness if we take the trait that applies regen to shouts.It wasnt like tempest eles were OP to begin with, so "shifting" an integral part of overloads to an optional trait that heavily competes with other, was not a good move.

Anet, when we asked for the master passive trait to be less overwhelming, we ask to ADD to it, not remove and replace. Honestly, I know see myself to either take traveler or be even slower than I was as a staff support. Please reconsider the change and revert the swiftness back to the passive IN ADDITION to its current functionality.

@"Fortus.6175" said:Sure, in PvE and WvW it might not be a big deal since in PvE most people were taking the stability trait or you dont need to get from point A to B all that fast, or there is plenty of swiftness to go around.

In PvP though, this has been a HUGE nerf to support tempests, who now have little to no access to swiftness if we take the trait that applies regen to shouts.It wasnt like tempest eles were OP to begin with, so "shifting" an integral part of overloads to an optional trait that heavily competes with other, was not a good move.

Anet, when we asked for the master passive trait to be less overwhelming, we ask to ADD to it, not remove and replace. Honestly, I know see myself to either take traveler or be even slower than I was as a staff support. Please reconsider the change and revert the swiftness back to the passive IN ADDITION to its current functionality.

I agree. In WvW, while roaming/dueling, I struggle to keep up with people during fights, which annoys me so much.Swiftness was an integral part of the overloads. Without it, I feel slow and useless.

@Solnos.8045 said:

@ROMANG.1903 said:We need less boons in this game. I'm actually wondering if it wouldn't be better if we had a maximum amount of boons at any given time, because this is becoming ridiculous.

Why do we need less boons in the game exactly?

All these bunkers builds, there are so many boon applications that you can remove 3 boons, 3 times in a row and the next second the guy got them all back. There's the same problem with condi to be honnest. Not to mention that having several classes revolve around generic boons reduces the impact of their class specific mechanics.

@ROMANG.1903 said:We need less boons in this game. I'm actually wondering if it wouldn't be better if we had a maximum amount of boons at any given time, because this is becoming ridiculous.

True, but elementalist is not even close to the top of the list of the professions that need boon nerfs. Let's start with actual offenders please. Also, they gave free concentration to tempest anyway if you didn't notice. The amount of boons was clearly not the balance team's concern here.

Well it might not be the best trait but it is certainly not the worst. It gives a small amount of concentration and combined with elemental bastion, water traitline and 500+ healing power it gives me an fuzzy feeling of boon spamming for like 5 seconds. Ok it is really not good. But still it is better than not having a decent stability ability except friggin earth armor.

Btw unstable conduit should be baseline in my opinion.

@"alain.1659" said:Well it might not be the best trait but it is certainly not the worst. It gives a small amount of concentration and combined with elemental bastion, water traitline and 500+ healing power it gives me an fuzzy feeling of boon spamming for like 5 seconds. Ok it is really not good. But still it is better than not having a decent stability ability except friggin earth armor.

Btw unstable conduit should be baseline in my opinion.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ConcentrationIt is. Even ranger on NM lane there is no "bonus" added but still it's 240 no matter what.

There are only 2 classes (if i remember correctly) that has 2 different concentration traits in the game. One is revenant (core and herald have different 120 conc bonus) other is elementalist. I think they were reluctant to give a proper bonus because of the arcane traitline. As you know it already has a concentration bonus. Combined with that it makes one of the highest base concentration bonus in the game. And god forbid people would go batsht crazy if ele becomes stronger.

I agree with you though. The bonus should be flat 240, no matter what. Even engineer has 240 bonus and an ability to heal himself when he applies a boon. But I can also see why they did it as it is. Some other concentration bonus traits have requirements, like guardian needs to use staff if he wants 240. So as a support spec they were afraid of tempest to spam too many boons.

Problem is that tempest cannot even give that many boons. This might show 2 things, 1- their ability to read the situation correctly and prevent a boon spamming profession (if tempest was good at boon spamming), 2- nobody plays ele among devs and they thought "meh, it might be too strong so lets put an idiotic requirement. they have to use scholar runes to deal dmg anyway".