"Banish Enchantment" Demon Utility Skill

Lionwait.4815

Well, you can use it 3 times in quick succession if you just wanna swap and spam, that's 6 boons (7 or 8 if you have annulment or revocation sigils).

I find it "sufficient." You can definitely target a DH/ele/scrapper/dr00d bunker type and make sure they die in a team fight. And you can use it to counter breakers (assuming RNG doesn't such have a complete field day with you.) I mean, obviously, you can't corrupt boons like a necro, but that's sort of their entire class identity...

BE's a surprisingly balanced skill and I think buffing it would be a pretty dangerous thing to do. If you reduced the cost it would become insanely spammable and thus rule out all counter play. In its current state people can evade it or block it, which makes it pretty fair... But if you could cast it like six times in a row or whatever, there'd be nothing anyone could really do. Same thing if it removed a lot more boons, you'd just be able to use it once, wreck an area's boons, and then still have enough energy left to immediately go hamm on them.

I think when sand shroud's multiple hits get's "fixed" in a very soon-to-come patch, BE will seem a lot less crappy by comparison.

There is no real comparison on how necromancers can AOE corrupt/remove boons vs any other class with the trait "Path of Corruption". Did you forget about weapon focus skill 5 and utility "corrupt boon" and "Well of Corruption"? Dont forget the range on that stuff. Even if nerf'ed there still is no comparison for how much more better the necromancer can handle boon removal. Even the so called identity of Spellbreakers aren't that viable at boon removal. Key word here is viable. You have to take in consideration on how many boons is out there re-applying itself. pacifically Spellbreakers. Spellbreakers are the main cause of me posting this. You need counter classes and necromancers are a great counter to warriors. But because warriors can roam.... meaning that have more mobility options and at a more freakwent rate unlike the necromancers it become a problem in the roaming side of WvW. Where you have a good counter class to boons but the class with the boons can out distance the counter class. There for you need more counter classes to remove boons. Here is a class that has such a skill that removes boons but to remove such boons it makes the class itself useless to any other skills because of energy cost. You say I can spam it 3 times and that is 6 boons I remove and you say it is a lot. I'm sorry but this is not a lot of boon removal. And I stress if spammed 3 times it makes the class useless. Not only can it be evade but the range forces you to be in a more vulnerable distance and if spammed energy is depleted to 0 there for making the class useless. You call that balanced I call it useless. Did I mention it was useless.

It is clear to me you are coming from a PvP point of view so you might not understand my point of view coming from a WvW side of things. The point you made about the necromancer shroud's multiple hits being a problem and getting fixed is a joke. You ask any necromancer that WvW asking if its a problem they will probably laugh at you saying they use the trait "Sand Savent"

The whole premise of my post was to bring the number one shunned class by the community to have a viable role in WvW other then trying to balance energy with a clunky tablet being moved everywhere and summoned minions so called warband members that die on arrival.

@Lionwait.4815 said:There is no real comparison on how necromancers can AOE corrupt/remove boons vs any other class with the trait "Path of Corruption". Did you forget about weapon focus skill 5 and utility "corrupt boon" and "Well of Corruption"? Dont forget the range on that stuff. Even if nerf'ed there still is no comparison for how much more better the necromancer can handle boon removal. Even the so called identity of Spellbreakers aren't that viable at boon removal. Key word here is viable. You have to take in consideration on how many boons is out there re-applying itself. pacifically Spellbreakers. Spellbreakers are the main cause of me posting this. You need counter classes and necromancers are a great counter to warriors. But because warriors can roam.... meaning that have more mobility options and at a more freakwent rate unlike the necromancers it become a problem in the roaming side of WvW. Where you have a good counter class to boons but the class with the boons can out distance the counter class. There for you need more counter classes to remove boons. Here is a class that has such a skill that removes boons but to remove such boons it makes the class itself useless to any other skills because of energy cost. You say I can spam it 3 times and that is 6 boons I remove and you say it is a lot. I'm sorry but this is not a lot of boon removal. And I stress if spammed 3 times it makes the class useless. Not only can it be evade but the range forces you to be in a more vulnerable distance and if spammed energy is depleted to 0 there for making the class useless. You call that balanced I call it useless. Did I mention it was useless.

It is clear to me you are coming from a PvP point of view so you might not understand my point of view coming from a WvW side of things. The point you made about the necromancer shroud's multiple hits being a problem and getting fixed is a joke. You ask any necromancer that WvW asking if its a problem they will probably laugh at you saying they use the trait "Sand Savent"

The whole premise of my post was to bring the number one shunned class by the community to have a viable role in WvW other then trying to balance energy with a clunky tablet being moved everywhere and summoned minions so called warband members that die on arrival.

Yeah, I was talking about sPvP. I mean in WvW, let's be honest, no amount of boon removal is going to be enough because there's so many people spamming boons, but then again, the only boon that you really need to take care of is resistance and since Sigil of Absorbing prioritizes stealing Resistance first there's nothing stopping you from dropping Darkrazor right on a group of people and having him steal all their resistance and then keeping it off of them for 5 seconds (3 sec icd on sigil means you'll get 2 procs--both prioritizing resistance.)

People are going to hate you either way though since you're opting out of being their own personal little boon bot by not playing Herald anyways.

@narcx.3570 said:

Yeah, I was talking about sPvP. I mean in WvW, let's be honest, no amount of boon removal is going to be enough because there's so many people spamming boons, but then again, the only boon that you really need to take care of is resistance and since Sigil of Absorbing prioritizes stealing Resistance first there's nothing stopping you from dropping Darkrazor right on a group of people and having him steal all their resistance and then keeping it off of them for 5 seconds (3 sec icd on sigil means you'll get 2 procs--both prioritizing resistance.)

People are going to hate you either way though since you're opting out of being their own personal little boon bot by not playing Herald anyways.

You completely missed the points I was trying to make.

@narcx.3570 said:I mean in WvW, let's be honest, no amount of boon removal is going to be enough".

This statement sounds lazy in so many ways. 1st off: you think that WvW is all about zergs. 2nd off: it sounds like you don't believe in balancing. 3rd off: nore do you care trying to balance the mode. And yes I am being honest.

@narcx.3570 said:but then again, the only boon that you really need to take care of is resistance and since Sigil of Absorbing prioritizes stealing Resistance first there's nothing stopping you from dropping Darkrazor right on a group of people and having him steal all their resistance and then keeping it off of them for 5 seconds (3 sec icd on sigil means you'll get 2 procs--both prioritizing resistance.)

You are making the skill Darkrazor out to be something that it isn't. It doesn't work as effective as you say so it to be. You are working in theory crafting not proven tested situations. On top of all that you miss the point that I said "summoned minions so called warband members that die on arrival".

@narcx.3570 said:People are going to hate you either way though since you're opting out of being their own personal little boon bot by not playing Herald anyways.

Where did this come from? Did I say I wasn't playing Herald. Or are you saying people should be dictated on how they should play? It seems you read so much in to my words that you miss the whole point of them.

Gotta agree with @Lionwait.4815 here. The range is too short and it's pretty much a single target boonstrip. Don't let the tooltip fool you. In order to get the full 5 target benefit, you have to target someone in the back, and hope people walk in front of that target. Also, the only indication of your range is a tiny 3(?) pixel red bar that will disappear/reappear during the cast time which means you will be wasting lots of energy missing the skill.

I played around with a boonstrip build pre-PoF with Plex runes and found it underwhelming. Now that we have shortbow, I might give it a go but I'm broke spending so much gold on builds trying to make Renegade work. Overall, Banish Enchantment could stand a buff. Right now, Kalla compliments Mallyx when it should be the other way around. I'd like them to sort out Kalla, then maybe take a look at BE if it needed.

Archived