Please gives us something to do with Hatched Chillis

SDb.8072

This appears that it will become a useless currency. There appears to be only 2 things you can do with it, buy stuff and make food

Once you have bought what you want from the vendor there is nothing left but cooking. Note that, as far as I can see, the best equipment you can buy is the exotic warhorn, the rest are rares which are pretty useless. From my research there are no worthwhile recipes, they are all rare or lower. Considering that the cooking level has been upped to 500 and ascended, there is no point in these recipes.

The home instance node only drops one or two with a chance to get a few more. I bought the node from the vendor for 5000 VM and 60 gold. These are now trading at 20 gold, and the trend is downward. So I wasted 40 gold and 5000 VM. The current TP price also that indicates what the GW2 community think of their worth

With S4 currencies you could buy ascended equipment and the excess stock could be converted to VM. Unfortunately the hatched chilies can't be converted and the equipment is very sub par.

Overall I think the latest release was very good, particularly the Metal Legion concert. But hatched Chills have been a huge miss. Please gives us something to do with with what looks like it will be a useless object and end up getting deleted.

Oh and the Picante achieve doesn't work

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"SDb.8072" said:This appears that it will become a useless currency.

Since it is going to be the currency for the whole season, I doubt you can call it "useless". ;)

How do I know? The WvW/PvP rewards track that awards tons of Hatched Chili is called "Icebrood Saga reward track", so it is safe to assume there will be more stuff available in the future.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"SDb.8072" said:This appears that it will become a useless currency.

Since it is going to be
the
currency for the whole season, I doubt you can call it "useless". ;)

How do I know? The WvW/PvP rewards track that awards tons of Hatched Chili is called "Icebrood Saga reward track", so it is safe to assume there will be more stuff available in the future.

I'm anticipating -- or at least hoping -- that this will be the case as well, but the final reward of that track gives you a sack of chilies which will be updated with other options as the story progresses. That makes me think the new episodes will introduce new mats/currencies instead . . .

Originally I thought Spicy Moa Wings would be a great way to use these peppers...but not only does it make you barf gas every few seconds (mine is purple. Is it purple for everyone?) but it also requires 5pcs Slabs of Poultry meat which currently run about 5s each, bringing the cost of a 30min duration piece of food to roughly 28-30 silver. That's not much of an improvement over Sweet & Spicy Butternut soup :(

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Do you have info regarding the rest of the Saga that we don't. I mean this is just a prologue, the map is yet to be expanded upon so how do you know this is a useless currency from here on in??

We don't. Nor do we know that it will be a useful currency from here on in. But the story will end, the supply of peppers will not. Unless we are given something useful to do with them, as the OP suggests, they will eventually become inventory clutter, even if they haven't already . . .

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Do you have info regarding the rest of the Saga that we don't. I mean this is just a prologue, the map is yet to be expanded upon so how do you know this is a useless currency from here on in??

No I don't. All I have is the evidence in front of me as outlined above. S3/S4 map currencies were unique to an episode. As, suggested by people above, is that they will be the currency for the whole series and there is more to come then that answers my question

@SDb.8072 said:

No I don't. All I have is the evidence in front of me as outlined above. S3/S4 map currencies were unique to an episode. As, suggested by people above, is that they will be the currency for the whole series and there is more to come then that answers my question

We are supposedly not getting new maps with IBS, just an expansion of the same map... so why would they utilise further map currencies for the same map, that would be non-sensical surely.As for uses, there are cooking recipes already live which use them so that like other gathered resources like onions, peppers, lemongrass etc means there will be uses for them within the game - whether you or I choose to use them is another thing of course, but that is the same for any other cooking recipe or map currency.TBH I would expect to see more uses for the Chili peppers as the SAGA unravels, especially when it comes to cooking recipes, but my point still stands, no one knows except ANET and if there isn't to be any further uses then yes its a bit of a wasted or limited use currency/resource I guess, but no different to others in game already.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@SDb.8072 said:

We are supposedly not getting new maps with IBS, just an expansion of the same map
... so why would they utilise further map currencies for the same map, that would be non-sensical surely.As for uses, there are cooking recipes already live which use them so that like other gathered resources like onions, peppers, lemongrass etc means there will be uses for them within the game - whether you or I choose to use them is another thing of course, but that is the same for any other cooking recipe or map currency.TBH I would expect to see more uses for the Chili peppers as the SAGA unravels, especially when it comes to cooking recipes, but my point still stands, no one knows except ANET and if there isn't to be any further uses then yes its a bit of a wasted or limited use currency/resource I guess, but no different to others in game already.

I would guess they would just expand on the Blood Legion map as you say but we have not even ventured in the Far Shiverpeaks yet which should produce a new map.

@Gop.8713 said:I'm anticipating -- or at least hoping -- that this will be the case as well, but the final reward of that track gives you a sack of chilies which will be updated with other options as the story progresses. That makes me think the new episodes will introduce new mats/currencies instead . . .

Not with the tons of Hatched Chili you are receiving throughout the whole reward track. I am certain there will be more added to the final reward of the track, but the future use of Chili still stands IMO. :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@SDb.8072 said:

We are supposedly not getting new maps with IBS, just an expansion of the same map... so why would they utilise further map currencies for the same map, that would be non-sensical surely.~snip~

Not quite, what was said is we MAY NOT always get a new map, they might choose to expand an existing map or give us a new map...they can now go in either direction as they see fit or which ever is a better fit for that release.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@SDb.8072 said:

We are supposedly not getting new maps with IBS, just an expansion of the same map... so why would they utilise further map currencies for the same map, that would be non-sensical surely.As for uses, there are cooking recipes already live which use them so that like other gathered resources like onions, peppers, lemongrass etc means there will be uses for them within the game - whether you or I choose to use them is another thing of course, but that is the same for any other cooking recipe or map currency.TBH I would expect to see more uses for the Chili peppers as the SAGA unravels, especially when it comes to cooking recipes, but my point still stands, no one knows except ANET and if there isn't to be any further uses then yes its a bit of a wasted or limited use currency/resource I guess, but no different to others in game already.

We will be getting a new map with episode 1, that grows into episode 2. I don't believe that they would use grothmar valley or extend it to fit a world boss ontop of everything else they have going on. Nor do I think they would remove some of the events to make room for them, We do know the strike will evolve within episode 1 and 2, from there we don't know. They have said we are going further into the north and into the far shiverpeaks so I believe that almost screams new map, after those two episodes though we don't know they did express a want to make changes/additions to existing maps.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@SDb.8072 said:

We will be getting a new map with episode 1, that grows into episode 2. I don't believe that they would use grothmar valley or extend it to fit a world boss ontop of everything else they have going on. Nor do I think they would remove some of the events to make room for them, We do know the strike will evolve within episode 1 and 2, from there we don't know. They have said we are going further into the north and into the far shiverpeaks so I believe that almost screams new map, after those two episodes though we don't know they did express a want to make changes/additions to existing maps.

Well to me it looks like there are certain map fringe points that look like they could potentially be where the map opens up further.There is no reason to remove any such events from GV if they do this.

As for Strike Missions, I hope they do evolve and are more fun lasting than the first instalment, hopefully this has just been a learning curve.None of that means the Hatched Chilies will become redundant as a currency though at least not yet, especially with the cooking recipe already in game (not that my chef has even bothered with them.. but that's just me :) )@Zaklex.6308 .. point taken they did say that in fairness, whether they expand the map to bring us to FSP or in deed make a new map is as yet unknown.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:As for uses, there are cooking recipes already live which use them so that like other gathered resources like onions, peppers, lemongrass etc means there will be uses for them within the game - whether you or I choose to use them is another thing of course, but that is the same for any other cooking recipe or map currency.

As I said earlier these recipes are useless given that they recently increased cooking to ascended recipes and the best of the recipes offered are rare.

As I also said if the given information is correct and they are going to be used on more than one map with more items to come then the title question is answered

@SDb.8072 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:As for uses, there are cooking recipes already live which use them so that like other gathered resources like onions, peppers, lemongrass etc means there will be uses for them within the game - whether you or I choose to use them is another thing of course, but that is the same for any other cooking recipe or map currency.

As I said earlier these recipes are useless given that they recently increased cooking to ascended recipes and the best of the recipes offered are rare.

As I also said if the given information is correct and they are going to be used on more than one map with more items to come then the title question is answered

Well, not useless because yes we ascended but for some the cost is prohibitive to them to craft ascended recipes at the moment.What to say of course new ascended recipes wont be coming out which utilise the hatched chilies.. its just a little too early in the SAG to say anything really imo.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@SDb.8072 said:

Well to me it looks like there are certain map fringe points that look like they could potentially be where the map opens up further.There is no reason to remove any such events from GV if they do this.

As for Strike Missions, I hope they do evolve and are more fun lasting than the first instalment, hopefully this has just been a learning curve.None of that means the Hatched Chilies will become redundant as a currency though at least not yet, especially with the cooking recipe already in game (not that my chef has even bothered with them.. but that's just me :) )@Zaklex.6308 .. point taken they did say that in fairness, whether they expand the map to bring us to FSP or in deed make a new map is as yet unknown.

My money is on the gate in the south beside the ooze pit. It looks a lot like the map is unfinished there and it would only need to turn right to get into where I am guessing we are going (possibly avoiding the strike zone area).

@Menadena.7482 said:

@SDb.8072 said:

My money is on the gate in the south beside the ooze pit. It looks a lot like the map is unfinished there and it would only need to turn right to get into where I am guessing we are going (possibly avoiding the strike zone area).

Yeah that's one of the areas I was thinking, the other is up by doomlore.. heck they might even surprise us and push further map all round GV to widen the expanse, but at moment its all just hearsay I guess, maybe it will be a new map, perhaps next we go to FSP and then after the maps are expanded to bring them more together.. lots of possibilities as its early days.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:also reminder: top stuff at end of LS3, LS4 required currency from each map, probably whatever came in the end of LS5, they will follow the pattern.

Yep that's a good point.. and actually a good idea for them to do it.It is certainly true there are quite a few redundant or as near as redundant currencies, so ANET could start to utilise them or perhaps come up with some conversion mechanism.