Bug with rifle?

Oogabooga.3812

Apparently, a rifle-wielding deadeye that gets taunted in stealth will NOT fire at the target until stealth is gone. All other weapon main hands do attack in stealth when taunted, but not rifle. Therefore, the deadeye will remain in stealth until either the taunt or stealth runs out.

This was tested with the new revenant's Forced Engagement skill. The chains that attach to the targets are visible to the revenant, but the deadeye is just standing there looking menacingly from stealth.

Perhaps the "Death's Conviction" (rifle 1 in stealth) is not classified as an autoattack, thus the system runs into a roadblock and cannot make thief to autoattack since the normal rifle 1 is not available in stealth.

Perhaps it has something to do with it's mechanics of consuming Malice resource to boost the damage?

@"Panncakez.1290" said:Perhaps the "Death's Conviction" (rifle 1 in stealth) is not classified as an autoattack, thus the system runs into a roadblock and cannot make thief to autoattack since the normal rifle 1 is not available in stealth.

Perhaps it has something to do with it's mechanics of consuming Malice resource to boost the damage?

Its "Death's Judment" actually (though I have to say, Death's Conviction sounds a lot better), but stealth attacks usually do work with taunt. Or at the very least, used to, cant say Ive encountered a lot of taunt in a while. Im thinking this is more a result of DJ's weirdness in terms of coding ,what with it revealing on attack launch rather than hit, and the weird jitters it gets where it just cancels itself? Its probably a messy codebase.

@"Panncakez.1290" said:Perhaps the "Death's Conviction" (rifle 1 in stealth) is not classified as an autoattack, thus the system runs into a roadblock and cannot make thief to autoattack since the normal rifle 1 is not available in stealth.

That works the same with other weapons and OP wrote: "All other weapon main hands do attack in stealth when taunted, but not rifle."Also I'm with @Sir Vincent III.1286 here, getting taunted in stealth was never my problem so w/e.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

what with it revealing on attack launch rather than hit

I mean that's what it's supposed to do and that's what the skill desciption says, so I'm not sure what's the problem here :p Might be related though, who knows.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

That works the same with other weapons and OP wrote: "All other weapon main hands do attack in stealth when taunted, but not rifle."Also I'm with @Sir Vincent III.1286 here, getting taunted in stealth was never my problem so w/e.

I mean that's what it's supposed to do and that's what the skill desciption says, so I'm not sure what's the problem here :p Might be related though, who knows.

True, its pretty much a balance decision, but it means its coded differently. And well, given that its the outlier, I think we have found the source of this bug. Or maybe not. Who knows, bugs are not exactly rational.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Getting taunted in stealth has never happened to me, so it's interesting. I agree that if taunted, they should attack the provocateur. I can't think of a reason why the Deadeye would not be attacking. It does sounds like a bug.

Unless...the Deadeye stowed their weapon after getting taunted. Not 100% sure, but it's possible.

We did this as a pure test in the guild hall arena. No stowing of weapons happened.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

True, its pretty much a balance decision, but it means its coded differently. And well, given that its the outlier, I think we have found the source of this bug. Or maybe not. Who knows, bugs are not exactly rational.

Although true that not much taunt happens, when it does happen, it ought to work correctly. In the case of a deadeye, who loves their long-ranged, lots-of-stealth playstyle, a successful enemy taunt should make a deadeye act accordingly. As it stands, a rifle deadeye can still stay in stealth despite getting taunted.

However, the taunt still works as a CC, i.e. you lose control unless you stunbreak, but without the revealing shot, that part of the counterplay is null.

• 4 weeks later...

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Getting taunted in stealth has never happened to me, so it's interesting. I agree that if taunted, they should attack the provocateur. I can't think of a reason why the Deadeye would not be attacking. It does sounds like a bug.

Unless...the Deadeye stowed their weapon after getting taunted. Not 100% sure, but it's possible.

We did this as a pure test in the guild hall arena. No stowing of weapons happened.

Although true that not much taunt happens, when it does happen, it ought to work correctly. In the case of a deadeye, who loves their long-ranged, lots-of-stealth playstyle, a successful enemy taunt should make a deadeye act accordingly. As it stands, a rifle deadeye can still stay in stealth despite getting taunted.

However, the taunt still works as a CC, i.e. you lose control unless you stunbreak, but without the revealing shot, that part of the counterplay is null.

Agree. I have no 1st hand exp of this but it sounds fair to force the stealth attack with taunt