How to turn off unspent mastery points notification? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How to turn off unspent mastery points notification?

Hi, bought PoF recently, however I kinda wish finish my story first, because I'm near the end (I think) and there is this quite annoying notification every 10 or so seconds that points out near my experience bar, that I should spend my mastery points ASAP! Is there way to disable this? All other notifications seems a bit less frequent so I don't had the problem, but this one is very uncalm lol

Comments

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Unfortunately, there is no way to disable it. It's best to start collecting mastery points and spend them on a mastery track that requires a minimal number of mastery points. Whether it's mastery points in Central Tyria, HoT or PoF, just collect them and spend them because some of the masteries can give you neat upgrades like the glider and mushroom upgrades in HoT or the mount upgrades in PoF.

    Karras

  • Thanks. I just wonder what Central Tyria masteries give? I probably should go read more wiki.

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @voidek.5738 said:
    Thanks. I just wonder what Central Tyria masteries give? I probably should go read more wiki.

    The Central Tyria masteries are fairly simple. If you're someone who planning on doing a lot of fractals, the Fractal Attunement track is your best option. If not, then Pact Commander is your next option because it gives you plenty of neat upgrades like being a mentor, increased experience gain from crafting, reviving allies faster and of course the best upgrade of them all, automatically picking up loot instead of pressing the interact button.

    Karras

  • kitten, I'm reading, that you must complete HoT or PoF story chapter to start spending mastery points (as I said im at the end of original game story mode). And im not even sure I want do that with this character (main-alt problem).

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @voidek.5738 said:
    kitten, I'm reading, that you must complete HoT or PoF story chapter to start spending mastery points (as I said im at the end of original game story mode). And im not even sure I want do that with this character (main-alt problem).

    As far as I know, all you need to do to access the mastery is to reach level 80 and select a mastery track. Out of the three available core mastery tracks I recommend you start with the Pact Commander mainly because of the automatic loot pick up upgrade. Once you have selected your mastery track, start earning experience and when you reach the maximum amount of experience you can spend the mastery points on the track. Repeat the process, collect even more mastery points and spend them on more upgrades.

    Karras

  • Can you post a screenshot of this? Because I have no idea what this is being discussed. I have always had unspent mastery points as I have progressed along in the game I have never seen any notification bugging me to spend them. Even as I make this reply I have some couple of dozen unspent mastery points and several masteries ready and waiting for me to click the button to spend them on.

  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

    When you gain skill and mastery points there is an annoying nagging thing at the top of the screen, and unless you use them its there everytime you waypoint or map load.. very annoying and there is no way to shut it off.

  • @Jia Shen.4217 said:
    Can you post a screenshot of this? Because I have no idea what this is being discussed. I have always had unspent mastery points as I have progressed along in the game I have never seen any notification bugging me to spend them. Even as I make this reply I have some couple of dozen unspent mastery points and several masteries ready and waiting for me to click the button to spend them on.

    This is about the notification you get when XP bar is full but you haven't unlocked the Mastery System. That dialog keeps popping up at almost every chunk of XP gained, and the only way to get rid of it is to unlock masteries, which requires doing a bit of story drastically out of order.

  • voidek.5738voidek.5738 Member ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

    @Jia Shen.4217 said:
    Can you post a screenshot of this?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @voidek.5738 said:

    @Jia Shen.4217 said:
    Can you post a screenshot of this?

    gw003.jpg

    edit: how post screenshot directly?

    Do first mission in either hot or pof

    Can join someone else doing it with screen minimized on a throw away character if you dont want any spoilers.
    If our Eu I can help you.

  • @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    This is about the notification you get when XP bar is full but you haven't unlocked the Mastery System. That dialog keeps popping up at almost every chunk of XP gained, and the only way to get rid of it is to unlock masteries, which requires doing a bit of story drastically out of order.

    Interesting, I don't recall being able to train a mastery before unlocking masteries. Is it possible to just train another mastery to avoid this long enough to do the needed part of the story? Also was this a change they made from what I remember it being like from initial release?

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jia Shen.4217 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    This is about the notification you get when XP bar is full but you haven't unlocked the Mastery System. That dialog keeps popping up at almost every chunk of XP gained, and the only way to get rid of it is to unlock masteries, which requires doing a bit of story drastically out of order.

    Interesting, I don't recall being able to train a mastery before unlocking masteries. Is it possible to just train another mastery to avoid this long enough to do the needed part of the story? Also was this a change they made from what I remember it being like from initial release?

    You don't recall being able to because you weren't able. That is the entire source of the problem and before masteries are unlocked there is no "another mastery".

    You wouldn't have run into this from initial release if you have been playing the game prior to HoT because the first thing you did when it came out was probably to go play story bit that got you into HoT which also unlocks masteries.

  • @Khisanth.2948 said:
    You don't recall being able to because you weren't able. That is the entire source of the problem and before masteries are unlocked there is no "another mastery".

    You wouldn't have run into this from initial release if you have been playing the game prior to HoT because the first thing you did when it came out was probably to go play story bit that got you into HoT which also unlocks masteries.

    While I was completing the content to unlock masteries it was not earning mastery XP it was earning spirit shards or whatever the game gave at level up prior to the mastery system. It wasn't until I unlocked masteries that I was actually earning mastery XP and at that point i never got and still don't get this notification if I have a mastery ready to spend points on if I didn't spend the points and kept playing with that mastery ready to spend points on. My reason for what I shared and asked was to gather information to find out if this is a bug or a change they made in the game. Because if it is not a change then it is a bug to be reported. If it is a change and you are meant to be able to gain mastery XP without unlocking masteries then we are in territory where a request is needed in order to change things. I suspect that we are dealing with a bug if mastery XP can be gained without masteries being unlocked because one would waste a lot of XP that would be earning spirit shards. If this is a case of the masteries are unlocked I seem to recall that you have to spend points on at least the first glider mastery before the rest are unlocked.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jia Shen.4217 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:
    You don't recall being able to because you weren't able. That is the entire source of the problem and before masteries are unlocked there is no "another mastery".

    You wouldn't have run into this from initial release if you have been playing the game prior to HoT because the first thing you did when it came out was probably to go play story bit that got you into HoT which also unlocks masteries.

    While I was completing the content to unlock masteries it was not earning mastery XP it was earning spirit shards or whatever the game gave at level up prior to the mastery system. It wasn't until I unlocked masteries that I was actually earning mastery XP and at that point i never got and still don't get this notification if I have a mastery ready to spend points on if I didn't spend the points and kept playing with that mastery ready to spend points on. My reason for what I shared and asked was to gather information to find out if this is a bug or a change they made in the game. Because if it is not a change then it is a bug to be reported. If it is a change and you are meant to be able to gain mastery XP without unlocking masteries then we are in territory where a request is needed in order to change things. I suspect that we are dealing with a bug if mastery XP can be gained without masteries being unlocked because one would waste a lot of XP that would be earning spirit shards. If this is a case of the masteries are unlocked I seem to recall that you have to spend points on at least the first glider mastery before the rest are unlocked.

    They get this notification becouse their exp bar is full and after hot released it dont roll over anymore to earn spirit shards you have to go unlock masteries.
    So to nudge people to go start being able to get masteries to earn exp again they get this pop up endlessly everytime they get exp and it was like this when hot released aswell.

    You probabely dident notice it becouse you did said story fast enough might have just leveled before hot droped or as human memory do you plainly just forgot about it.

  • @Linken.6345 said:
    They get this notification becouse their exp bar is full and after hot released it dont roll over anymore to earn spirit shards you have to go unlock masteries.
    So to nudge people to go start being able to get masteries to earn exp again they get this pop up endlessly everytime they get exp and it was like this when hot released aswell.

    You probabely dident notice it becouse you did said story fast enough might have just leveled before hot droped or as human memory do you plainly just forgot about it.

    So if I am fully understanding this right after all the info that has been provided including this quoted post. That as soon as you buy one of the two expansions the game goes into earning mastery XP instead of spirit shard even before you ever get done with the story content prior to needing them. If I understand that correctly then I suggest a petition of players asking this to be corrected in the form of earning spirit shards until you reach the part of the story where the mastery system is needed. Because there is no reason at all to pester players to play the story out of order for something they don't even need for quite some time after they have reached level 80. I mean one could litterally have a year worth of content to play through at level 80 before they ever get to the HoT or PoF intros.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

    @Jia Shen.4217 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    They get this notification becouse their exp bar is full and after hot released it dont roll over anymore to earn spirit shards you have to go unlock masteries.
    So to nudge people to go start being able to get masteries to earn exp again they get this pop up endlessly everytime they get exp and it was like this when hot released aswell.

    You probabely dident notice it becouse you did said story fast enough might have just leveled before hot droped or as human memory do you plainly just forgot about it.

    So if I am fully understanding this right after all the info that has been provided including this quoted post. That as soon as you buy one of the two expansions the game goes into earning mastery XP instead of spirit shard even before you ever get done with the story content prior to needing them. If I understand that correctly then I suggest a petition of players asking this to be corrected in the form of earning spirit shards until you reach the part of the story where the mastery system is needed. Because there is no reason at all to pester players to play the story out of order for something they don't even need for quite some time after they have reached level 80. I mean one could litterally have a year worth of content to play through at level 80 before they ever get to the HoT or PoF intros.

    Yes you understand it correctly the previous system is gone poff its mastery system untill you done all of em then you can earn spirit shards again.
    Hence why we get these topics from people from time to time how to turn it off and yes it is anoying but there is a fix for it that any 80 can do.
    Shouldent have to I agree with that.
    But first mission in path of fire will give you a mount and will make core journey more enjoyable in my opinion.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.