Nostalgia Thread Thread!

Pyroatheist.9031

Yeah for sure, I used to roam as a Engineer back in those day, and it were just a whole different game back then!Fights were a longer exchange of calculated moves against each other and lasted often for some time! WvW roaming back then were also filled with lots of different profession, compared to now. Today it's all daredevils that go in for a quick kill and flee as soon as they see their burst fail!

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:Post your favorite obsolete build guides, ancient skill demonstrations, antique shatter montages, and best old forum nostalgia! I'll start in the reply.

Forum wars with menace, nemesis ...colesy "slaying bads" with his PvE knowledge ...Pre-HoT - "Maim the meta" - finally actually became meta with chrono ...iBerserker broken for almost a year ...Online Mesmer Forum Guild - somehow still alive (albeit not very active) ...Pyro getting banned :o now necro'd B)

@skcamow.3527 said:Pyro getting banned :o now necro'd B)

Maybe now people will stop thinking I'm Pyro =).

I somehow completely forgot about Osicat, that brought back some memories. I was only active in the Mesmer community for the first year or two (though I still actively play the game) with my Mantra builds and the now very outdated build list. But being reminded of Osicat really brought back those days.

@MailMail.6534 said:

@skcamow.3527 said:Pre-HoT - "Maim the meta" - finally actually became meta with chrono ...

Omg was I the one who coined that phrase "maim the meta"? I forget exactly who was "on that side", but I remember vociferously being a proponent of that build. Love my condi builds. :)

Yeah and it was awful back then xD.

Took like a year of buffs before it was worth touching.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@MailMail.6534 said:

@skcamow.3527 said:Pre-HoT - "Maim the meta" - finally actually became meta with chrono ...

Omg was I the one who coined that phrase "maim the meta"? I forget exactly who was "on that side", but I remember vociferously being a proponent of that build. Love my condi builds. :)

Took like a year of buffs before it was worth touching.Ouch, a Pyro Burn! :p

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:Btw, I'm gonna be scraping the mes forums sometime this weekend probably, so I'll put up a mega or something with a download for them > @Fay.2735 said:

@skcamow.3527 said:Pyro getting banned :o now necro'd B)

Maybe now people will stop thinking I'm Pyro =).

I somehow completely forgot about Osicat, that brought back some memories. I was only active in the Mesmer community for the first year or two
(though I still actively play the game)
with my Mantra builds and the now very outdated build list. But being reminded of Osicat really brought back those days.

His videos have the same effect on me, hence it had to be posted! They really are made in the good old WvW days, were you met mabt differebt builds and profession! When you daily had huge fights at the EB and borderlands jp, cause we all did them in the hope of getting a golem blueprint! 1g were a lot of money back then and WvWers were piss poor!Osicat really manged to capture the fun of mesmer roaming and he made it all look so easy while doing it

@Xstein.2187 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@MailMail.6534 said:

Took like a year of buffs before it was worth touching.Ouch, a Pyro Burn! :p

I've had my fair share of pyro burns. They tickle at this point. Just you wait to find out what sub par build I'll be pushing for the rest of 2017! XD

Wait so new forum means you're unbanned pyro? :smiley: (Woo we've got our walking mesmer wiki back!)My main nostalgia would be seven mirror I bet some of you remember him :heart: He was such a great player. Does anyone know what's he doing at this moment?I remember playing a build he created using scepter sword and staff (back when scepter#2 was still pure power damage) I guess he's the reason why I always want to get phantasm builds into roaming again ( rip retaliation )

@"Me Games Ma.8426" said:Wait so new forum means you're unbanned pyro? :smiley: (Woo we've got our walking mesmer wiki back!)My main nostalgia would be seven mirror I bet some of you remember him :heart: He was such a great player. Does anyone know what's he doing at this moment?I remember playing a build he created using scepter sword and staff (back when scepter#2 was still pure power damage) I guess he's the reason why I always want to get phantasm builds into roaming again ( rip retaliation )

Well, I was never actually gone. Just...in disguise, we could say.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:Well, I was never actually
gone
. Just...in disguise, we could say.

I know, Fay :wink:(Finally. I had a hard time memorizing which fay is which) :tongue:

This more than anything is why I approve of the slight 'mishap' with the new forums. At least it did finally help me remember my .#### so not all bad :+1:

In preparation of the August Mesmer Ready Up 3 Years Ago [src] where we all expected to get nerfed.

To improve build diversity, we are removing Empowering Mantras, Prismatic Understanding, and moving Warden’s Feedback to be a Grandmaster (swapping with Disruptor’s Sustainment). As of yet, we have not found any replacement for the two removed traits. If we ever decide to release new traits in these slots, all players, legacy or not, will have to unlock them again.Illusionist’s Celerity will now only affect Utility Skills, so it does not improperly stack with traited weapons.Phantasmal Warden’s will now reflect projectiles. Traiting Warden’s Feedback will cause them to not reflect projectiles.Fixed Mind Slash chain. Was improperly removing boons, applying vulnerability, and dealing bonus damage to targets without boons.To improve build diversity, the way traits provide stats has been changed.Dueling will now provide Condition Damage instead of Precision.Illusions will now grant Boon Duration instead of Condition DamageChaos will now grant Power instead of Boon Duration.Domination will now grant Healing Power instead of Power.Inspiration will now grant Precision instead of Healing Power.Fixed a bug where Critical Infusion was giving Mesmers Vigor.Fixed a bug where Sharper Images was being activated by Illusions.Compounding Power now gives increased boon duration for each active illusion, up to a maximum of 1%.Phantasmal Haste is being swapped with Maim the Disillusioned. We feel that this will provide build diversity and allow more players to trait Maim the Disillusioned.Removed Torment from Maim the Disillusioned.Illusionary Persona also kills the player, as they are being shattered. This makes more sense, thematically.Imbued Diversion’s Radius is too large, reduced to 0.Bountiful Interruption also applies Chilled to the Mesmer whenever an enemy is interrupted.Improved Furious Interruption’s activation chance to 50% from 100%.Harmonious Mantras isn’t used enough, all Mantras are now reduced to 1 charge.Deceptive Evasion now spawns a clone only when no clones are alive. This trait now works while out of combat.Desperate Decoy now casts Mimic instead of Decoy.Desperate Decoy renamed to Desperate Mime.Mimic no longer reflects missiles.Blade Training no longer reduces the recharge on sword skills.Blurred Frenzy has had it’s cooldown increased to 20s.Blurred Frenzy has half cooldown if nothing is evaded.Arcane Thievery is blockable now.Phantasmal Fury now affects Clones.Phantasmal Fury no longer affects Phantasms.Empowered Illusions no longer affects Phantasms.Mental Torment now also applies Torment to the Mesmer.Mender’s Purity now applies to Phantasmal Defender and Phantasmal Disenchanter.Mender’s Purity no longer affects healing skills.Medic’s Feedback now casts Temporal Curtain on the Mesmer.Medic’s Feedback no longer casts Feedback.Medic’s Feedback has been renamed to Medic’s Curtain.Signet of the Ether has been changed to no longer apply a passive heal.Time Warp has been removed from the game.Portal Entre has been removed from the game.Portal Exeunte has been changed to an Elite Skill.Feedback no longer spawns on a target.Veil now applies 2s Protection for allies.Veil no longer applies Stealth.Illusion of Life has been permanently been placed on all Mesmer skill bars.

We truly believe these changes will help improve diversity amongst builds and help improve Mesmer’s in all modes of gameplay. It will also, healthily, improve Mesmer play.Quote FoldPredicted patch notes

Actual patch notes

Triumphant Distortion: This trait now gives summoned phantasms 1 second of distortion on creation, in addition to the existing distortion on kill.Debilitating Dissipation: Bleeding on this trait has been reduced from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 4 seconds.Prismatic Understanding: This trait is now applies swiftness for 3 seconds and might for 5 seconds in addition to its previous boons.Illusionary Elasticity: This trait now functions with clones using Winds of Chaos.Maim the Disillusioned: Increased the torment duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.Illusinary Leap: This skill now creates the clone adjacent to the mesmer’s target instead of at the mesmer’s location. The initial cast of this skill no longer acts as a Leap finisher, though Swap retains its leap functionality. Added messaging if the skill is cast out of range of the target.Illusionary Warden: Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to follow one target while trying to attack another target at the same time. Fixed a bug that caused the projectile absorption from this skill to last longer than its animation. Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to reflect unblockable missiles.Mind Stab: Increased the radius of the attack to 240. Increased the damage of the attack by 17%.Mantra of Pain: Power Spike: This skill now affects up to 5 foes within 240 units of the target.Mantra of Distraction Power Lock: This skill now affects up to 5 foes within 180 units of the target.Illusion of Life: This skill can now be used underwater, centered on the mesmer’s location.Ether Bolt: This skill now inflicts 2 seconds of torment on hit. This change also affects mesmer scepter clones that use Ether Bolt.Ether Blast: This skill now inflicts 3 seconds of torment on hit.Mimic: Mimic now will copies all boons from the target foe to the player.Mesmer clones now spawn with the correct weapon even if the casting player swaps weapons.Confusing Combatants: The effects of this trait can now be blocked, dodged, or blinded.Crippling Dissipation: The effects of this trait can now be blocked, dodged, or blinded.Debilitating Dissipation: The effects of this trait can now be blocked, dodged, or blinded.Illusionary Whaler: Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to be cast without a target.Illusionary Mariner: Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to be cast without a target.The Prestige: Removed an unused range skill fact.Illusionary Duelist: Fixed an incorrect damage skill fact.Dazzling: Fixed a bug in which this trait would not display the vulnerability applied for Counter Blade, Diversion, Magic Bullet, or Power Lock. Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from functioning when used in conjunction with the racial skills Technobabble and Shriek (Become the Raven).Warden’s Feedback: Fixed a bug that caused projectiles reflected by Illusionary Warden to sometimes miss their targets.Mantras: Fixed a bug that allowed players to have mantra charges when the associated mantra was not equipped.Blink: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be equipped while underwater when traited with Far-Reaching Manipulations.Winds of Chaos: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to only inflict 5 seconds of bleeding instead of 7 when used by clones.Illusionary Counter: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from receiving reduced recharge when traited with Malicious Sorcery in certain situations.Decoy: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to stealth the player when they were revealed.Desperate Decoy: Fixed a bug that allowed this trait to stealth the player when they were revealed.Confusing Cry: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working in conjunction with Illusionary Persona.Shattered Conditions: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working in conjunction with Illusionary Persona.Shattered Strength: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working in conjunction with Illusionary Persona.Maim the Disillusioned: Fixed a bug that caused the torment skill fact to display incorrect damage numbers.Slipstream: Added an Unblockable skill fact.Harmonious Mantras: Fixed a bug that caused mesmers to retain extra mantra charges after unequipping this trait.Quote FoldActual Patchnotes

Whew spoiler tags are hard.

Hm from that screenshot I can name 6 of 8 skills by just looking at the icon. (Back then i used to play in german so i cannot actually name them in english :c )Also I only played pve back in gw1 so I don't remember all the skills that were used in pvp.

• Empathy - damage if attacking
  • Diversion - next spell gets canceled and put on cd instead
  • Dunno - i guess it was the interrupt spell that pit the skill on additional cd
  • dunno - some other interupt signet that increased cooldown if i remember
  • signet (Blutsaugersiegel in german) interupt and gain energy if interrupt was a spell/chant
  • wastrel's demise - damages after 3s. Gets removed if target uses a skill
  • signet of the ether - gain energy in some way...Never used it*rezz signet \o/

Archived