Current WvW faction is dead, so what can I do now?

Knighthonor.4061

It's kind of hard to make a case for what is "fun" for something when someone has already created a frame for what is not fun around that very thing. Therefore, I'm especially not so sure what you'd personally find "fun" in WvW given what you've just stated at this point. Not that I disagree with you or anything. Instead, my suggestion is to learn something new in life that interests you. If you don't enjoy something... Then it's just in your way of finding or enjoying what you truly like honestly :)

I like to spend slow times in wvw poking the bear -- get on my guard camp flipper, and randomly flip camps and kill flags and doly. Get on my thief, and put cata on keep wall. Once got every wall on a t3 bay down to half before I had to go to bed, and brought out their entire zerg to kill me that last time. Probably came to fix all the walls. Felt I had won. Other words make your own fun.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:bored a bit just gone to EoTM since WvW maps are dead right now, and nothing to do. But EoTM is equally dead if not more. Dont see any GvG to watch or anything.

So what can I do for fun in WvW right now during this down time?

'nothing to do'. So your team held every object in wvw on every map?

I find that most people who say they are bored lack imagination, and need to be led like sheep. Find something to do, give yourself a target, join with others on the map, et, etc.

Or go find something else to do. Maybe crawl out of the cellar and see the sun:-)

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:2017 : "Wait for Alliances, WvW will reborn, you'll find people anytime"2018 : "Wait for Alliances, WvW will reborn, you'll find people anytime"2019 : "Wait for Alliances, WvW will reborn, you'll find people anytime"What will happen in 2020 ?Just let your server die and chose an other.

No matter what lies ANet tells. Alliances will release way after Star Citizen releases. I doubt ANet is even actively working on Alliances.

@Fearless.3569 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Try ESO perhaps.

As someone who is more actively playing ESO than anything else these days. PvP in ESO is pretty bad too.

This days MMO dev teams don't even care to develop their game's PvP. So might as well find another genre for decent PvP action. Because you won't find it at all in the current MMO genre.

And yet in ESO they continue to base their balancing on pvp to the detriment of pve as the pvp players are very vocal on ESO forums and test servers. the other thing they seem to do is nerf massively to try and bring down the top DPS builds in pve which the top players find ways around whilst the average pve'r sees their DPS drop 25%.

And they seem to be removing any difference in classes as most class skills don't even make it into builds any more....

Pvp used to be fun in ESO in the early days before so many cheese builds came out, now the only thing going for it is the ease that you can deploy siege which is much more fun than the wvw version.

PVE I much prefer ESO, but out of the two PVPs I marginally prefer wvw.

I don't think ANet would be very happy to read here that some people are advising you to go play some other game.If I worked for ANet, well... let's just say in the kindest way possible that it was a minus.I find it to be a very rude and childish thing to say; but this is not the first game it happens, it won't be the last.

Now, onto your question.I do love a wvw game, occasionally, as much as the next; however I am in this wonderful game mostly because of pve, just like its ancestor.

I have read some good suggestions; such as leveling up other characters, but you could also get into crafting, or doing rare collections.There is so much to do in this game, that there is no reason to be bored with it.

If you feel disappointed with wvw, which sounds to me that it's more likely to be the case, well, that's a whole different cake.

I tell you what. I'm in the process to level up a character, and I have an empty guild I created.If you wish, we can help eachother out.If not, it's all good the same; as I am mostly a loner anyways, and will only seek out help when extremely necessary, such as getting them delicious HoT and PoF HPs... or world bosses, etc... but whatever you do; do Not leave GW2.

This game is worth every second you spend on it.Even if you just do dailies.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I don't think ANet would be very happy to read here that some people are advising you to go play some other game.If I worked for ANet, well... let's just say in the kindest way possible that it was a minus.I find it to be a very rude and childish thing to say; but this is not the first game it happens, it won't be the last.

Now, onto your question.I do love a wvw game, occasionally, as much as the next; however I am in this wonderful game mostly because of pve, just like its ancestor.

I have read some good suggestions; such as leveling up other characters, but you could also get into crafting, or doing rare collections.There is so much to do in this game, that there is no reason to be bored with it.

If you feel disappointed with wvw, which sounds to me that it's more likely to be the case, well, that's a whole different cake.

I tell you what. I'm in the process to level up a character, and I have an empty guild I created.If you wish, we can help eachother out.If not, it's all good the same; as I am mostly a loner anyways, and will only seek out help when extremely necessary, such as getting them delicious HoT and PoF HPs... or world bosses, etc... but whatever you do; do Not leave GW2.

You must be new.

Are you saying that all players should be happy and continue to Support ANet after what happened recently? So the customers have to please the company now? New business model?

@Mil.3562 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I don't think ANet would be very happy to read here that some people are advising you to go play some other game.If I worked for ANet, well... let's just say in the kindest way possible that it was a minus.I find it to be a very rude and childish thing to say; but this is not the first game it happens, it won't be the last.

You must be new.

Are you saying that all players should be happy and continue to Support ANet after what happened recently? So the customers have to please the company now? New business model?

What happened recently?Is that a habit of yours to state something, and leave the most important part out?I don't know what happened no.

Am I happy with the nerfs?No!Am I happy that wvw is dead?No!That, and other reasons...Do I tell people to go play something else?No!Again, that's very childish, and insulting to the person you're saying it to... as a way to try convey to them that the game is rubbish and that they are not smart enough to make up their own darn minds.First, if the game is that rubbish, why are you still here?Then leave and stop trying to make others leave.Secondly, it's not your business if people want to play the game.They can make their own minds.People are smart enough.I stopped playing other games, but you never see me going around their forums telling people to leave and bad mouthing it.Those are symptoms of sociopaths.Since I am not one, I am able to accept whatever changes they make to the game, or just leave, peacefully, quietly, without any resentment.

That's an adult and mature rationale.Not of an infant who can't get their way.