Give us an optional subscription for convenience stuff

Hey, I hope anet sees this thread.

So basically my idea is an optional subscription for gw2 for convenience stuff like:

• Unlimited build and gear templates or atleast give us an incredible high cap.
  • Increased bag size / bank size / material storage size.
  • previous lw chapters are fully accessible even tho you didn't catch them at release while you are subbed.
  • maybe some unique cosmetic stuff?

Keep in mind that it's still bad as a customer to pay for all this stuff but while some of us are still engaged enough to pay for a sub like this but are not willing to spend hundreds of euro for a build template system that doesn't work in high end pve.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

Full, obligatory subscription is practically always a better choice than an optional one. Asking for that is just asking for a system that mixes the worst parts of both cashshop and subscription systems together.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

Full, obligatory subscription is practically always a better choice than an optional one. Asking for that is just asking for a system that mixes the worst parts of both cashshop and subscription systems together.

Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a fuck ton of money.

@Braile.3894 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a kitten ton of money.There's no point making it even worse.

@Braile.3894 said:Hey, I hope anet sees this thread.

So basically my idea is an optional subscription for gw2 for convenience stuff like:

• previous lw chapters are fully accessible even tho you didn't catch them at release while you are subbed.
  • maybe some unique cosmetic stuff?

Keep in mind that it's still bad as a customer to pay for all this stuff but while some of us are still engaged enough to pay for a sub like this but are not willing to spend hundreds of euro for a build template system that doesn't work in high end

How do you know that you have to spend hundreds (!) of euros for the build template system?

I have this vision - optional subscription will give:-Bank access gizmo.-Higher build template cap and immediate access-Unlimited hair stylist-Personal vendorand something like that. Those will be available only if subscription is active.

But giving bag slots, bank size and so, can be little bit problematic.If it will go to the concept of having more item storage or slots only under subscription, imagine if that will be locked away in case of subscription cancelation. Alot of items will be stored back into regular spaces, or otherwise locked in respective slot until subsription is renewed.

@Aeon.4583 said:I have this vision - optional subscription will give:-Bank access gizmo.-Higher build template cap and immediate access-Unlimited hair stylist-Personal vendorand something like that. Those will be available only if subscription is active.

But giving bag slots, bank size and so, can be little bit problematic.If it will go to the concept of having more item storage or slots only under subscription, imagine if that will be locked away in case of subscription concelation. Alot of items will be stored back into regular spaces, or otherwise locked in respective slot until subsription is renewed.

That is obviously a problem which needs some though beforehand.

@Braile.3894 said:

Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a kitten ton of money.

Not my experience at all. I have been playing 7 years and loving it - all I have spent was for the original game and 2 expansions. But,on PoF, I did buy bigger expansion option that came with 4,000 gems... I still have almost 1,000 left. You do not need to spend any money on this game, you choose to pay. :)

Yes, EVERY game I have looked at with an 'optional' subscription was really 'well, you can play it without a sub but you will be mumbling kill me now'.

A complete yes, just to get rid of all the players who love to complain about QoL monetization. Make it a full on subscription in that case.

It's funny how people are refusing to pay a subscription in order to not have to worry about QoL feautres, but at the same time complain and refuse to actually pay for optional QoL features.

It's literally: Oh no, we can't have a subscription system, I want to have complete choice on spending money on this game.Then rigth after that its: What, I am supposed to spend money on this game for QoL stuff? How dare you Anet!

@Menadena.7482 said:

Yes, EVERY game I have looked at with an 'optional' subscription was really 'well, you can play it without a sub but you will be mumbling kill me now'.

and yet so many people love to complain how GW2 monetization is the worst of them all.

@Cyninja.2954 said:A complete yes, just to get rid of all the players who love to complain about QoL monetization. Make it a full on subscription in that case.

It's funny how people are refusing to pay a subscription in order to not have to worry about QoL feautres, but at the same time complain and refuse to actually pay for optional QoL features.

It's literally: Oh no, we can't have a subscription system, I want to have complete choice on spending money on this game.Then rigth after that its: What, I am supposed to spend money on this game for QoL stuff? How dare you Anet!

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

and yet so many people love to complain how GW2 monetization is the worst of them all.

I usually gravitate towards sub based or optional sub because its a pretty brainless process, i spend a set amount of money on a monthly or some other basis and get stuff automaticly.

I dont have to worry about going "oh i have to spend money on x then y then z to get makensure this character is good to go for what ever i want"

I get to go once a month or every 6 or every 12 months "ok, lemme pay my optional sub, done".

@Braile.3894 said:Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a kitten ton of money.

You must be playing a different game. How can you say that GW2 is unplayable when the only real money one needs to spend is for convenience items, and even then those items can easily be obtained through gold -> gem conversion?

@Braile.3894 said:

Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a kitten ton of money.

Of all the ridiculous crap spouted on the forums over the past 4 days, this statement ranks.Congrats

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Braile.3894 said:Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a kitten ton of money.

You must be playing a different game. How can you say that GW2 is unplayable when the only real money one needs to spend is for convenience items, and even then those items can easily be obtained through gold -> gem conversion?

Honestly playing without storage extensions feels awful and I wouldn't want to ever do it again. That's the one thing I'd say is necessary just because of how quickly you will run out of space to store wood and mithril especially. Those two drove me to buy more space and it was worth it.

@Braile.3894 said:

Of all the ridiculous kitten spouted on the forums over the past 4 days, this statement ranks.Congrats

Ok plebs tell me how enjoyable it is to start gw2 now with buying pof and dont spend any gems on 1 bag space, 2 char slots 3, shared inventory slots, 4 bank spaces, 5 material storage, 6 living world chapters.For someone who played the game for 7 years and spend some gems over the years or just used the time grinding it out its fine but for new players? no way.

New players get a TON of content for 20-25 bucks (if not on sale, which makes it cheaper) with no subscription fee. Show me any other MMORPG on the market which does the same.

If a new player applied a basic subscription approach of 10-20 bucks per month, they'd have all the convenience items they need within half a year. After which they could again go back to not spending a single dollar/Euro/etc on the game.

@"Braile.3894" said:

and all these can be obtained all at once, one per week, one per month or year… right?

• maybe some unique cosmetic stuff?Oh right, the "I'm rich you know"!

... but while some of us are still engaged enough to pay for a sub like this...The "come and go" type of player