ArenaNet and Extra Life 2019!

• ArenaNet Staff

We're less than a month away (AAAAHHHH) from Extra Life Game Day 2019 and yesterday we rolled out the first round of information for Team ArenaNet's Extra Life event.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Extra Life is a worldwide effort by gaming communities of all kinds to raise funds in support of Children's Miracle Network hospitals, a network of 170 hospitals throughout the United States and Canada. CMN hospitals treat every patient regardless of ability to pay, and events like Extra Life help cover the cost of care not covered by insurance or Medicaid. Funds raised are also used to purchase pediatric medical equipment and fund research.

This will be Team ArenaNet's third year participating. We raised over $80,000 for Extra Life in our first two years through the GW2 community's participation and matching donations, and we're hard at work here in the office preparing to surpass that total for year three.

Game Day for Team ArenaNet begins Friday, November 1 and will go for 24 hours. We have a lot of things in the works that I'm excited to share with you as Game Day gets closer, but for now I'd like to invite you all to be a part of the event.

You can join Team ArenaNet no matter what games you're playing or what platform you're playing them on for Extra Life. If you would like to form a team with your guild mates, family, or RL friends, you are invited to join our Super Team. Being an Extra Life Super Team means that we can host Sub Teams–your individual and team fundraising still counts for your team goals, but also counts toward the overall Super Team totals. If you have already formed a team and would like to make it an ArenaNet Sub Team, let me know what your team page is and we can get it switched over.

To create a Sub Team, join Team ArenaNet, or donate to Extra Life, just go to our team page.

If you have any questions, drop them here and I can help! Thanks in advance for making year three our best year ever to help Children's Miracle Network through Extra Life!