Ecto buff much appreciated

Kondor.2904

You can't be serious, right ? So instead of resolving the screaming disbalance of the stolen skills among different classes, you remove the only form of counterplay if you failed to anticipate an insta cast shadowstep.

Well, just make it so mesmer's game gets insta crashed and character is deleted if thief lands his steal, so we can save some neurons and just afk in the new chair, thank you. (And then you complain and wonder why mesmers always have to come up with "degenerate" sustain builds btw))))

@"Kondor.2904" said:You can't be serious, right ? So instead of resolving the screaming disbalance of the stolen skills among different classes, you remove the only form of counterplay if you failed to anticipate an insta cast shadowstep.

Well, just make it so mesmer's game gets insta crashed and character is deleted if thief lands his steal, so we can save some neurons and just afk in the new chair, thank you. (And then you complain and wonder why mesmers always have to come up with "degenerate" sustain builds btw))))

what change?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Kondor.2904" said:You can't be serious, right ? So instead of resolving the screaming disbalance of the stolen skills among different classes, you remove the only form of counterplay if you failed to anticipate an insta cast shadowstep.

what change?

The ecto charge is no longer removed when you interrupt it.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@Kondor.2904 said:You can't be serious, right ? So instead of resolving the screaming disbalance of the stolen skills among different classes, you remove the only form of counterplay if you failed to anticipate an insta cast shadowstep.

what change?

The ecto charge is no longer removed when you interrupt it.Wtf? Rly? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Kondor.2904 said:

@Kondor.2904 said:You can't be serious, right ? So instead of resolving the screaming disbalance of the stolen skills among different classes, you remove the only form of counterplay if you failed to anticipate an insta cast shadowstep.

what change?

mesmer and necro on suicide watch

@Alatar.7364 said:I'd guess that's just a bug due to making it Ammo system.I know it's already been there only without the count, but we all know how with Gw2 code stuff breaks even with adjustments like this.Seems like their rev breakstun-reveal change, no more reveal and condis :))))))))))@Kondor.2904 said:In fact, power block doesnt affect it even, never did and still doesnt. Ha-ha.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:I'd guess that's just a bug due to making it Ammo system.I know it's already been there only without the count, but we all know how with Gw2 code stuff breaks even with adjustments like this.Seems like their rev breakstun-reveal change, no more reveal and condis :))))))))))@Kondor.2904 said:In fact, power block doesnt affect it even, never did and still doesnt. Ha-ha.

speaking of power block, it still has bugged cooldown, doesnt it ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

speaking of power block, it still has bugged cooldown, doesnt it ?Power/weakness still has 3s icd, downedstate targets dont have that restriction, you can apply a lot of weakness via clones.Its makes sense to nerf power mesmer while almost no one playing it and leave cmirage and condi daredevil and even buff it, they doing their best to eradicate their own playerbase, F.

@praqtos.9035 said:

speaking of power block, it still has bugged cooldown, doesnt it ?Power/weakness still has 3s icd, downedstate targets dont have that restriction, you can apply a lot of weakness via clones.Its makes sense to nerf power mesmer while almost no one playing it and leave cmirage and condi daredevil and even buff it, they doing their best to eradicate their own playerbase, F.

I might reroll to deadeye and just troll people nonstop 5hours a day lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I might reroll to deadeye and just troll people nonstop 5hours a day lolI tried DE, valkyrie amulet, shadow arts perma stealth and 33% damage reduction while revelaed (each time I lose stealth/use DJ), every time I burst form stealth I use kneel immobilize and DJ, so ppl have no chances to avoid DJ, and no chances to burst me, cuz u need about 30k burst damage to actually kill me, or I reset infinitely until my immob DJ lands on you. I have played on laptop with 10-20 fps and 120++++ ping, oneshotted tons of ppl with 26k burst damage (2 hits) on light armored targets, mesmer with undead runes and rabid amulet dies to this combo too, balance bruh.Looking for another game >:(

@praqtos.9035 said:

I might reroll to deadeye and just troll people nonstop 5hours a day lolI tried DE, valkyrie amulet, shadow arts perma stealth and 33% damage reduction while revelaed (each time I lose stealth/use DJ), every time I burst form stealth I use kneel immobilize and DJ, so ppl have no chances to avoid DJ, and no chances to burst me, cuz u need about 30k burst damage to actually kill me, or I reset infinitely until my immob DJ lands on you. I have played on laptop with 10-20 fps and 120++++ ping, oneshotted tons of ppl with 26k burst damage (2 hits) on light armored targets, mesmer with undead runes and rabid amulet dies to this combo too, balance bruh.Looking for another game >:(

Man no offense but anyone can post that they did similar on mirage or any spec for that matter, aside from the fact this post really comes across as hey I'm gonna type that I played the spec that I'm saying is OP stating in all the ways I destroyed people while they had no chance cuz it's so easy and OP. Mean while haven't touched the spec lol. Definitely look for a different game tho man a lot of us have.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Man no offense but anyone can post that they did similar on mirage or any spec for that matter, aside from the fact this post really comes across as hey I'm gonna type that I played the spec that I'm saying is OP stating in all the ways I destroyed people while they had no chance cuz it's so easy and OP. Mean while haven't touched the spec lol. Definitely look for a different game tho man a lot of us have.

I took billion screenshots just for lulz on laptop, want me to upload them all with fps and ping showing? :)

@Kondor.2904 said:

what change?

It’s that way for all stolen skills it’s cuz charges are only removed after it takes effect. That just how the new ammo system works

@Dantheman.3589 said:

what change?

It’s that way for all stolen skills it’s cuz charges are only removed after it takes effect. That just how the new ammo system works

Still hope that bs is a bug.

@praqtos.9035 said:

I took billion screenshots just for lulz on laptop, want me to upload them all with fps and ping showing? :)

Just upload them, don't ask if you should.

Honestly I don't think the issue is with the mechanic. Losing the skill when trying to stow it or getting interrupted doesn't feel like it should be a thing.

The main issue really is the strength of the stolen skills themselves like the super strong ones such as necro fear, Mesmer ecto, then there's the super weak ones like ele ice stab. I'd rather have those adjusted than removing the existing mechanic.

@Warscythes.9307 said:Honestly I don't think the issue is with the mechanic. Losing the skill when trying to stow it or getting interrupted doesn't feel like it should be a thing.

The main issue really is the strength of the stolen skills themselves like the super strong ones such as necro fear, Mesmer ecto, then there's the super weak ones like ele ice stab. I'd rather have those adjusted than removing the existing mechanic.

So wrong, lets say back when improv didnt have 2x charges it would be considered to be skillfull to interrupt glob in mes thief 1v1. I dont expect you people to understand the complexity at higher tier

@bluri.2653 said:

@Warscythes.9307 said:Honestly I don't think the issue is with the mechanic. Losing the skill when trying to stow it or getting interrupted doesn't feel like it should be a thing.

So wrong, lets say back when improv didnt have 2x charges it would be considered to be skillfull to interrupt glob in mes thief 1v1. I dont expect you people to understand the complexity at higher tier

I don't, because this is a mechanic change which is not just PvP. This includes the entire game which includes PvE as well. Throwing magnetic bomb for example is an incredibly strong part of the thief's kit and it always feel absolutely terrible to lose it due to a forced stow or self interrupt. You effectively cannot stow any stolen skills because it would be lost.

Look Sin I have great respect for your skill in PvP, I watch you to learn general rotation and matchups. But you can't point to everything which requires skill to use and say that's how it should be because it takes skill to do then it should be in the game. Some stolen skills are simply too strong like consume ecto, then there are some skills like ele's shard that is practically worthless. Yes there should be discrepancy and different matchups in the game but don't you think that is a bit ridiculous that the power gap is that different so that one interrupt is so great for one matchup but almost useless in another? This really is a overall game mechanic change that is better overall, not just PvP.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

I don't, because this is a mechanic change which is not just PvP. This includes the entire game which includes PvE as well. Throwing magnetic bomb for example is an incredibly strong part of the thief's kit and it always feel absolutely terrible to lose it due to a forced stow or self interrupt. You effectively cannot stow any stolen skills because it would be lost.

Look Sin I have great respect for your skill in PvP, I watch you to learn general rotation and matchups. But you can't point to everything which requires skill to use and say that's how it should be because it takes skill to do then it should be in the game. Some stolen skills are simply too strong like consume ecto, then there are some skills like ele's shard that is practically worthless. Yes there should be discrepancy and different matchups in the game but don't you think that is a bit ridiculous that the power gap is that different so that one interrupt is so great for one matchup but almost useless in another? This really is a overall game mechanic change that is better overall, not just PvP.

To be fair, ele's shard used to be worth landing in vanilla to force a longer CD on water attunement, but it hasn't scaled well with the power creep.