All the game modes seen more empty after every patch

Wym why? Bruh you know why ?. Nothing new in any game mode besides a 2 hour epilogue. Is that enough to keep people who played multiple years? Nope. But it’s free (kappa)

This is exactly why we wanted an expansion and not another living world season. You reap what you sow. The outcome of free living world.

Whether new balances or not. Would balancing make veterans come back into the same pvp maps and game modes? Most likely not. The only way to (keep) people playing pvp is to add more maps or modes.Same thing for wvw add more maps or modes in wvw. That’s why wvw and pvp are pretty empty... nothing new.

Wvw hasn’t had anything new since warclaw, and warclaw didn’t fix anything. And before warclaw nothing for 2 years?

Pvp only has 1 new map that your able to que in since pof. So took them a year and a half to do that?

So maybe next year we get a new pvp map. Maybe 1-2 more years for alliances for wvw.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Nah, new content is empty as well.

Sorry I disagree Astral .... I am yet to see a GV map not busy... the meta are still tagged and popular throughout the day.I will concede the Strike Mission seems to me to have lost alot of its audience as have some of the side events as achievements have been attained but Metal Legion is still highly popular to do.Of course it will all drop off as players get back to doing other things for sure but perhaps not as quickly as others are saying... hopefully the gap between Prologue and episode 1 wont be too long to avoid too much drop off.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Sorry I disagree Astral .... I am yet to see a GV map not busy... the meta are still tagged and popular throughout the day.I will concede the Strike Mission seems to me to have lost alot of its audience as have some of the side events as achievements have been attained but Metal Legion is still highly popular to do.Of course it will all drop off as players get back to doing other things for sure but perhaps not as quickly as others are saying... hopefully the gap between Prologue and episode 1 wont be too long to avoid too much drop off.

This is my experience as well.

Veteran's have been steadily leaving the game the last couple of years. For WvW it has been the same more or less for the past few years and Alliances(world restructuring) has taken too long for them. For Raiders the lack of rewards and content has made them leave. For PvP it's the lack of official tournaments and rewards. The current build template iteration is the nail on the coffin for them.

Maps always seem busy when I'm online, unless it's a weird time of day (now for example I wouldn't expect to complete any meta-events on EU servers because it's almost midnight in the UK and 1-3am across mainland Europe).

Earlier today I was in in Vabbi doing hearts for funerary incense and ended up doing the Forged meta event with a massive group because it started while I was in there, then ended up sticking around to do Serpent's Ire with another group (or maybe the same one?), helped a couple of players with the bounties and missed the djinn event which another group did. Even when I was doing the hearts in the Garden there were always 3 or 4 other people around.

I didn't have time to play on any other maps (unless you count Rata Sum where my chef/home node gatherer is living) so I'm not sure what they were like but I doubt it was some weird coincidence where the one map I decided to play on is the one everyone else decided to go to as well.

Of course we have no way of knowing the total number of players in the game at any time, but that's the important thing for me - there's always enough people to complete an activity when I want to do it.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:pvp is getting lower and lower, wvw is more empty than ever, why that is happening?

I can't second that impression, sorry. WvW has been quite crowded these past couple of days.

I can't second that, either. I've played through the story and new map on 12 different characters, and there were always plenty of other players around for events and strike missions.

I’m guessing this also is time of day. I had several failed meta events in the new map due to lack of people and no other known IP running. There has been more with the revamp of the loot box however. Will people continue to spend 2 hours foe the events? I doubt it. TD fails regularly in the afternoon (US) as well. There is 0 doubt that there are fewer players.

Depends on map and time of day and what's going on. Couldn't sleep last night, so was in Queensdale around 3am eastern US time. There were plenty of folks there for SB (it was the daily after all), so much so that they were able to get the portal achievement done. Surprised me that there were more than enough there to do that at that hour.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Depends on map and time of day and what's going on. Couldn't sleep last night, so was in Queensdale around 3am eastern US time. There were plenty of folks there for SB (it was the daily after all), so much so that they were able to get the portal achievement done. Surprised me that there were more than enough there to do that at that hour.

I've camped that boss, all day for days at a time over the years, that is the one world boss AP I've never gotten "many times had to be very close as it all melted so fast I thought we'd gotten it as people claimed it, but still not filled out in hero tab".

@kharmin.7683 said:Depends on map and time of day and what's going on. Couldn't sleep last night, so was in Queensdale around 3am eastern US time. There were plenty of folks there for SB (it was the daily after all), so much so that they were able to get the portal achievement done. Surprised me that there were more than enough there to do that at that hour.

Go buy a lottery ticket, because even during the heavily populated BOSS BLITZ meta, couldn't get that achievement.

@blambidy.3216 said:Wym why? Bruh you know why ?. Nothing new in any game mode besides a 2 hour epilogue. Is that enough to keep people who played multiple years? Nope. But it’s free (kappa)

This is exactly why we wanted an expansion and not another living world season. You reap what you sow. The outcome of free living world.....

Pretty much on the money. I was a main pvp player and the last season I even played was like what 4-5? seasons ago, when there was a spike of hacking teleporting p/p thieves and when I reported this here on the forums, my post got censored for showing what it was names/classes? on a screenshot. Shows really where priority lies. Now just returning for the occasional living story for a few hours and I'm gone. PvP and WvW needed new modes, proper tournaments to keep these modes busy. Dunno why Anet doesn't get it, what they are doing is putting a lot of work in the wrong places. The living world focus is like going to a restaurant and ordering 15 entrees and no main course meal. Ye some salad, antipasti, cheeses are fine, but they are not a steak and no one would prefer 5 salad dishes over a nice steak or salmon. No veteran will return to PvE after 8 months for 1 new raid, but they will return after a whole package of 3-4 new raids, new maps and story. No PvP veteran will return after an year, because looky looky a balance patch now made Ele playable, but they will return for a GvG, Alliance modes plus tournaments with more substantial ingame rewards.