[BUG REPORT] New Decoration Failure — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[BUG REPORT] New Decoration Failure

So the new decoration tokens do not seem to work at all.

Bought the heliplatform and charr tank, but any attempt to consume the items results in the animation for cosuming them, but they remain in inventory.

The decoration merchant in the guild hall does not have these items available like they do with some other token decos either.

At the moment, I've tried double clicking in the guild hall, double clicking in Grothmar Valley, double clicking on multiple toons (including my master scribe) and no joy from these.

Also tried repping many different guilds from level 0 to level 69 and still no go.

Anyone else have any experience getting these to work?

<1

Comments

• starhunter.6015starhunter.6015 Member ✭✭✭

Same, the scrap cannon worked, but the Charr tank will not consume.

• Musik.8509Musik.8509 Member ✭✭

When I bought them oder the last two weeks, there was no problem, they didn't even enter my inventory and got immediately deposited in the decoration storage of the guild I was currently representing. When I bought two tanks today, I ran into the problem Krigjeger described. I'd hazard a guess and say it's been broken by the patch on tuesday.

• Tenal.1546Tenal.1546 Member ✭✭

Yeah, they broke them. Had no problem with the Monument and a Helipad last week. Bought a Charr Tank yesterday evening after reset, and I couldn't consume it. Tried it in several guilds, put it on a 400 Scribe (LOL) and nothing worked. I guess they'll fix it when they fix it. I did put in a ticket asking for my Hatched Chilies back!

• Makarow.3028Makarow.3028 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2019

Same problem with Charr Tank and Heliplatform - not working properly, lands in inventory instead of being guild storage. Just having 'spent' animation but nothing happens, no decoration added to storage and still remains in inventory.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh good, I thought it was a problem only for me, maybe because my guild is only lv4. I bought the Branded Devourer Monument and the Charr Tank together: the first worked, the second is still in my inventory, despite the animation when I double-click on it.

• Same, I bought the tank yesterday and he only gave me the item, not the decoration, I tried to consume the item but it only shows the animation.
    Today I bought the cannon to try and the problem is the same.

• reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

Can confirm Charr Heliplatform and Scrap Cannon are not working for me

• Ari.4672Ari.4672 Member ✭✭

Already had the heliplatform and scrap cannon and these are in Guild Hall. Today bought the Charr Tanks and I can't do anything... same issue as reported.

• Just tested it.
    I have this problem too.

• eris.9654eris.9654 Member ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

Finished grinding some achieves today (Friday) and the Monument went right to my Guild Hall but not the Charr Heliplatform. :(

Edit: Just bought the Tank Token and same problem.

• Dreddo.9865Dreddo.9865 Member ✭✭✭

Same here with Tank token.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

Same. Just bought the Charr Tank token and it won't consume. I get the flash of having consumed it but it doesn't appear in my guild's decoration storage.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Already had the heli-platform, scrap cannon and Branded Devourer these are all up in Guild Hall. Bought the Tank today activated it and no tank decoration. Token stayed in inventory.

• Moi.5013Moi.5013 Member ✭✭

I have tank and heli platform and neither one is working for me. Double click, get the flash but don't see them in decorations tab anywhere

Probably going to be a patch Tuesday to fix it - I hope.

CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• same issue.

• Same here. Just bought the Charr Tank and it ended up in my characters inventory. When double clicked/used it does the animation but doesn't go into guild decorations and stays in the inventory.

• Glad it wasn't just me all along :) Here's hoping that its a minor switch that they flick back on with tomorrows patch/update.

And rather than create yet another ranting post elsewhere I'll say here that I sure wish there was someone at Anet who actually could just pop through this forum once in a while and at least acknowledge things that are clearly broken and will be investigated. Just a quick "sorry! we busted something" would be nice once in a while. Could have sworn they used to do this occassionally :p

• RanxeroX.3796RanxeroX.3796 Member
    edited October 8, 2019

Just bought the Charr Scrap Cannon a short while ago and token is neither consumed nor recognized by guild vendor. I don't even see it in the list of items there.

• Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019

I bought a Tank last week, and got the consume animation and no Tank in Decorations as well. Submitted a bug report but have heard nothing. I did get 2 cannons successfully in the Guild Hall. But no Tank. Sadly my "token" was consumed...so I have nothing in Inv to show I had one...but I am sure they can track that.

Always willing to help others if I am able. Catch me in-game. I'm a dirty-casual with 2 kids in college, so I am on at odd times. lol

• Still not fixed, sadly. :(

• same issue still, lost 4 helipads after submitting a bug-report last week (they vanished from inventory..., nor did i receive back any chili's)
    newly purchased helipad this morning sitting in bank atm and not working.

• Same issue as well, wasn't aware of this bug, as I bought several heliplatform in the past.

• Same. I was able to purchase and add a decor item a couple of days ago. However, when purchasing the heliplatform today it wouldn't transfer to guild decor storage.

@Heibi.4251 said:

Unfortunately, nope.

• If you haven't done so yet, file an in-game bug report as well. Sooner or later they should be able to take the time to unscrew this up. Halloween activates next Tuesday, so unless they got new stuff planned in there not gonna get a normal patch/fix build without bug reports going in. Forums are nice, but lets face it, they rarely get read and noted for fixes lately.

edited October 11, 2019

@Krigjeger.4396 said:
    If you haven't done so yet, file an in-game bug report as well. Sooner or later they should be able to take the time to unscrew this up. Halloween activates next Tuesday, so unless they got new stuff planned in there not gonna get a normal patch/fix build without bug reports going in. Forums are nice, but lets face it, they rarely get read and noted for fixes lately.

I did a bug report for mine. Thanks for the info :D

@reapex.8546 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:

Unfortunately, nope.

So now we can only hope for a fix in the Halloween patch.

CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yep getting the same issue.. Charr tanks and platforms .. don't bother trying to get through the popper achievements for the helipads, you'll be wasting ya time at the moment.
    It's just really poor that these kind of bugs get through into release

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Same issue has happened with me on the cannon token. Animation plays and stays in inventory but doesn't actually get placed into the guild decorations tab.

• Evon Skyfyre.9673Evon Skyfyre.9673 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2019

Same problems, others in guild have this problem as well.

FWIW: Guilded Hollow GH, Maxed.

• Same exact problem. Early on, I bought a Charr Tank Token and I never got a token, it just went right to guild storage. Unfortunately, since it said I would get a token, I did not rep the right guild before buying it, and it went into the wrong guild's storage. I'm fine with giving that guild a tank though, so I did not bother reporting anything. Then last night I earned another 500 chilis, then made sure I was repping the right guild, and bought another token. As in OP, the token just sits there after the consume animation, with nothing showing up in guild storage. Will file a bug.

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

I bought the Charr Tank, heliplatform and cannon and they are bugged. They won't go into guild storage. I also bought the Branded Devourer Monument Token and that one did go right into the guild storage.

• nothing in the patch notes.. still bugged?

• Yeah, still bugged...

• apparently it's fixed, except it's not, still got tokens in my inventory and can't use them

• clicked the tokens in my inventory... same old bug

• Lamont.5973Lamont.5973 Member ✭✭✭

still bugged for me - can't use my tokens

• eris.9654eris.9654 Member ✭✭

Bought another Heliplatform because occasionally when you have an existing item those may not work but a "new" purchased one will, bit still nothing.

• There were late patch notes that this was fixed, but the charr scrap cannon token still didn't work for me.

• My Charr Scrap Cannon Token is still bugged

• Can confirm once again this still dont work. Whatever they "fixed" it wasn't these.

• still not working for me either

• still not working for me either

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019

Yep still not working.. this is comical stuff now.. maybe if we all hold hands and chant "we believe".. then maybe a fix will finally work... ooh and the refund for the chillies farmed and spent on buying items from that shady vendor to get the picante achievement that never actually worked that would be useful as well ANET.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• It does add up to the achievement when you buy one.. so thats new. but it still doesnt add to the guildhall

Yep I have a the tank token and heli pad in my bags and tried to use them again today. same thing, get the flash like 'something' happened. tokens are not consumed and no decoration in guild hall storage.

• Don't know what they did between post patch yesterday when this still failed for me and post (another) patch today, but it worked just now. Maybe give it a try again, even though the newest patch notes say nothing about it.

Oh yep mine just worked now too

• Yup, can confirm, seems they finally fixed this issue!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.