COR Bugged

Kenshu.3825

Indeed I played my hammer revenant today and was dismayed by how broken CoR was. Some things I noticed that happened fairly frequently:

• CoR would apparently do no damage
  • The animation would feel delayed or the ground effect would be missing patches of it
  • CoR would go off to the side of the foe

If they thought CoR needed to be toned down I wish they would have just adjusted the numbers down but left the mechanics and "feel" of the skill alone. As it stands now it feels very off and isn't working well at all.

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:Indeed I played my hammer revenant today and was dismayed by how broken CoR was. Some things I noticed that happened fairly frequently:

• CoR would apparently do no damage
  • The animation would feel delayed or the ground effect would be missing patches of it
  • CoR would go off to the side of the foe

If they thought CoR needed to be toned down I wish they would have just adjusted the numbers down but left the mechanics and "feel" of the skill alone. As it stands now it feels very off and isn't working well at all.

This. They literally could have achieved exactly what they wanted for WvW with a nerf to Impact 3 to be equal to Impact 2. I don't understand why they didn't do that instead of reworking the whole skill considering the change overall isn't even that great at all for PvE or PvP (in fact I think it's a nerf overall in both of those modes).

• 4 weeks later...

I fear that CoR is getting the "Healing Spring treatment" that happened four years back - June 2015.

(Healing Spring went through a redesign, making it a "trap." After this was done, if a Ranger was taking damage and dropped Healing Spring, it would drop un-sprung and NOT trigger unless the Ranger ran out of the un-sprung Healing Spring and re-entered it. Fast forward 7 months to January 2016, and Anet finally got around to half-way fixing it. So from that point through to now - if the Ranger has damage BEFORE dropping Healing Spring, it does trigger. However, if a Ranger drops Healing Spring while she had 100% health and then starts taking damage, Healing Spring still will not trigger. NOTE: it used to before it was made a trap in June 2015.)

Here's hoping that the changes to CoR to show the enemy that it's been cast are not the underlining cause of its targeting issues. Because if it is, I fear this may be severe enough a change to NOT get a timely fix. It may take somewhere between months to NEVER to be addressed by Anet (just like Ranger's Healing Spring).

I've already prepared my Rev for the possibility of the above, so we're looking at other viable/alternative weapon options to get her back into my WvW line-up. :smile:

(She's been side-lined for a month now.)

I really would love to see something here in the Revenant forum regarding CoR similar to this: "We’re aware of this bug and are investigating it."https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1090763#Comment_1090763Just some feedback that the issue is being looked at would help. My Revenant is still quite frustrated with CoR not working correctly for quite a while now.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Kravey.4563 said:Another week.

I don't have any significant to say, but just wainted to cross out another week on my calendar with CoR not being fixed.

Really people stop asking already,The skill goes through objects and double strikes, it's broken in our favor currently.

It permanently misses my target every time I use it. Where's the favor?

@Kravey.4563 said:

@Kravey.4563 said:Another week.

I don't have any significant to say, but just wainted to cross out another week on my calendar with CoR not being fixed.

Really people stop asking already,The skill goes through objects and double strikes, it's broken in our favor currently.

It permanently misses my target every time I use it. Where's the favor?

Face your character and it wont miss. It takes a little effort but in its current bugged version its op.One way to do that is to let go of your camera locking and let your character auto face when activating cor. With practice you can just use your camera to direct your cor to where you want it to go.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I tended to "no-scope" my CoRs prior to the bug, so that isn't really the issue for me. My issues with it are how it fails so hard on changes in terrain/elevation, and its slower cascade speed. I guess I haven't really used the weapon enough since the bug hit to see its advantages.

I been doing the same for years because of thieves stealthing on me. Yeah I will have to play it more to be so absolute about it being bugged in our favor but it has some promise. I had a warrior trying to los me in dandelion camp in ebg at that metal wall and I remembered someone saying cor was going through gates and walls so I cast it and boom free double hits. Landed 2 more before he came out and died realizing the game was up. ;-)