Tyrian Time

More than one clock would be nice but I have to wonder at the request, maybe other people can fill me in?

Local time -> Am I the only one in the modern world surrounded by clocks? Even if I can not see one all I have to do is shout at alexa, siri, or google.

Server time -> This only really matters for reset. How hard is it to remember when that is in your country and change that when you go on/off daylight savings time? For example, I do not remember teq as being at midnight server time but usually the most convenient one is 8 pm (or 7 pm) local time.

@"Menadena.7482" said:More than one clock would be nice but I have to wonder at the request, maybe other people can fill me in?

Local time -> Am I the only one in the modern world surrounded by clocks? Even if I can not see one all I have to do is shout at alexa, siri, or google.

Server time -> This only really matters for reset. How hard is it to remember when that is in your country and change that when you go on/off daylight savings time? For example, I do not remember teq as being at midnight server time but usually the most convenient one is 8 pm (or 7 pm) local time.

As far as local time, many people, myself included, lose track of time as we're playing and having the ability to see it on the screen helps us for whatever time schedules, etc we have such as going to bed, spouse coming home from work, cooking dinner etc. I lose track of time easily as I'm not a person who talks much in game and is rather "doing things' so I lose track of time very easily but I usually use server time as I know the difference, for me at least is 5 hours..

Server time is great for guild schedules, such as guild missions, wvw raid times, etc. If every person sets their in-game clock to server time it's much easier to set a server time meet up/start than it is trying to figure out various time zones when you are not familiar with them. I run guild missions for a world wide guild and it's much easier to set a server time start than trying to remember all the EU timezones as I'm not familiar with them since I'm NA. Also since server time doesn't vary with daylight savings, having a consistent server time start means that you don't have to try and track the various daylight savings changes which can be hard since not all countries use them and even if they do, they don't happen at the same time of year. Much easier to use server time.

I've gotten used to server time and my local difference to it so I don't need local time but I would like to know tyria time since a number of achievements are tied to the day/night cycles in game and it's nice to be able to see how long before it will be on the map you are in which is why I'd love to have multiple times available to be shown on the mini map so I could have tyria and server time shown.

@Bunter.3795 said:

@"Menadena.7482" said:More than one clock would be nice but I have to wonder at the request, maybe other people can fill me in?

As far as local time, many people, myself included, lose track of time as we're playing and having the ability to see it on the screen helps us for whatever time schedules, etc we have such as going to bed, spouse coming home from work, cooking dinner etc. I lose track of time easily as I'm not a person who talks much in game and is rather "doing things' so I lose track of time very easily but I usually use server time as I know the difference, for me at least is 5 hours..

Server time is great for guild schedules, such as guild missions, wvw raid times, etc. If every person sets their in-game clock to server time it's much easier to set a server time meet up/start than it is trying to figure out various time zones when you are not familiar with them. I run guild missions for a world wide guild and it's much easier to set a server time start than trying to remember all the EU timezones as I'm not familiar with them since I'm NA. Also since server time doesn't vary with daylight savings, having a consistent server time start means that you don't have to try and track the various daylight savings changes which can be hard since not all countries use them and even if they do, they don't happen at the same time of year. Much easier to use server time.

I've gotten used to server time and my local difference to it so I don't need local time but I would like to know tyria time since a number of achievements are tied to the day/night cycles in game and it's nice to be able to see how long before it will be on the map you are in which is why I'd love to have multiple times available to be shown on the mini map so I could have tyria and server time shown.

Seriously? I could not even count how many things I can see from here showing the time as a default display and that is not even counting asking computer assistants (or human beings) the time. If all else fails: run GW2 in windowed mode and maximize it as much as you want so you can see the task bar/menu bar. Most OSs display a clock there. A side benefit is if you reduce the window size you speed up the graphics a bit.