[Suggestion] New background character selection screen

@Cronospere.8143 said:Since we are no longer in the crystal desert and won't be for a long time. Wouldn't it be time to update the background of the character selection screen? I know this saga is still linked to PoF but if they really want it a bit loose from it a winter theme would be more logical.

What you think?

I mean, art's nice so sure? But thus far that's only been something that has changed with expansions as far as I can recall . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Cronospere.8143" said:Since we are no longer in the crystal desert and won't be for a long time. Wouldn't it be time to update the background of the character selection screen? I know this saga is still linked to PoF but if they really want it a bit loose from it a winter theme would be more logical.

What you think?

I mean, art's nice so sure? But thus far that's only been something that has changed with expansions as far as I can recall . . .

They did say this Saga would include "expansion-like content," so I think it's a reasonable request even if it's not an expansion

@Ototo.3214 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Cronospere.8143" said:Since we are no longer in the crystal desert and won't be for a long time. Wouldn't it be time to update the background of the character selection screen? I know this saga is still linked to PoF but if they really want it a bit loose from it a winter theme would be more logical.

What you think?

They did say this Saga would include "expansion-like content," so I think it's a reasonable request even if it's not an expansion

Yeah I was going to make a snarky remark about that at first but decided to leave it alone . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

What you think?

Yeah I was going to make a snarky remark about that at first but decided to leave it alone . . .

It's just a theory but I kinda think we might actually get an art update for it with the 1st episode. Mainly because, iirc, a few weeks ago on a guild chat they said they were renovating that room and taking down the PoF themed stuff, some of which was similar to the character select screen. Maybe when that room is renovated with new Icebrood Saga stuff, we'll see a similar "renovation" in-game.But that's just a theory...a game theory :^)

@Ototo.3214 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

What you think?

It's just a theory but I kinda think we might actually get an art update for it with the 1st episode. Mainly because, iirc, a few weeks ago on a guild chat they said they were renovating that room and taking down the PoF themed stuff, some of which was similar to the character select screen. Maybe when that room is renovated with new Icebrood Saga stuff, we'll see a similar "renovation" in-game.But that's just a theory...a game theory :^)

Lets hope you are right. But we will see next update.

Lineage2 had a new login screen after every major release and their screens were awesome and nice to look at. I really miss screens like that, and I hated the PoF character selection screen since I first saw it. Also the annyoing wind sounds it "needs" to have to bring that "doomed" feeling. I would very welcome a bit more positivity in the char selection. Some color. Some happiness. Less "the world is going down in flames". We had that long enough now.