Thank you Mike O'Brien!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gop.8713 said:Can I have his stuff . . ?

I nearly choked on my gum ?

I don't normally post on these sort of topics, but even if I haven't liked the direction of the game, GW2 and GW1 have taken up well over a continuous quarter of my life which is an impressive and proud feat for a game at my age.

Good luck with your new studio and thanks for the fun!

This is a very, very sad day. The day we say good bye to the last of the founders and the day that NCSoft has truly and completely taken over Anet.The community and the world of Tyria will truly miss you.

PS....Let us know what new Studio you are starting. We will all pitch in on "go fund me". Get in on the ground level of the next best game.

@Trinnitty.8256 said:not gonna lie, a bit worried for anet. rough year :(

Ah, don't look at it like that. He's successful in his career, moving on to a new opportunity of his own volition. It's a happy occasion . . .

As for the game, ofc it will end eventually and will likely go through many changes between now and then. I'm sure they have a solid transition plan in place, it's not like he just made this decision this morning :p

In some way i imagine how he feeel, I am also a software developer, in 2018 I chose to leave the directors board of a company to return to just being a developer(and even returned to receive a regular wage instead of % of company profits). Leadership role inst easy, i was burned out. Since i made this move my life becomes very better, and also my productivity as developer. Best lucky Obrien! u deserve a good life too!

@Gop.8713 said:As for the game, ofc it will end eventually and will likely go through many changes between now and then. I'm sure they have a solid transition plan in place, it's not like he just made this decision this morning :p

yeah the letter between the lines says that.

Two years ago, when I transitioned away from the Guild Wars 2 game director role to focus on new product development,

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Gop.8713 said:As for the game, ofc it will end eventually and will likely go through many changes between now and then. I'm sure they have a solid transition plan in place, it's not like he just made this decision this morning :p

yeah the letter between the lines says that.

Two years ago
, when I transitioned away from the Guild Wars 2 game director role
to focus on new product development
,Well, at least that suggests what happened with that expac we didn't get