Eb Mastery

Sovereign.1093

For us who don't have a lot of population.

Gear up, queue for eb. and only go to the borders for bloodlust.

This may be less than ideal for those who enjoy ppt, but concentrating forces on one map can be beneficial for overall fun, fights, and shinanigans.

of course if you can queue eb and a lot are free, camp your opponent's nearest keep.

if you can queue 2 maps, your other opponent's keep.

and if 3, go for home bl.

i know you may not agree with this, but depending on the timezone, a server can only hold on to so much. And so prioritizing the borders and what to do there, can bring in the fun.

summary

queue eb > queue alpine > queue desert and lastly home bl.

Personally though I enjoy clean fights. Such as coming across a few players taking a camp. EB you don't really get those sorts of fights. Its more like a huge scrappy free for all around SM. That and with marked and the condensed nature of EB leads to more players being closer together and thus mostly either zerg V zerg or free for alls, not much thought and not much challenge. Basically it consists of you and your pugs ganking one of their players while you try to avoid being ganked in return.

@Doug.4930 said:Personally though I enjoy clean fights. Such as coming across a few players taking a camp. EB you don't really get those sorts of fights. Its more like a huge scrappy free for all around SM. That and with marked and the condensed nature of EB leads to more players being closer together and thus mostly either zerg V zerg or free for alls, not much thought and not much challenge. Basically it consists of you and your pugs ganking one of their players while you try to avoid being ganked in return.

that is not bad, but wvw is a pk zone. =) not all players will fight fair.

concentrating pop on eb will allow players to zerg or help each other as.needed. there can be 1 blob or many havoks.

it is the most popular map too.

and if it catches on, im sure playerd will duel a lot too. i know nw of sm and sw are dueling areas as well as ne.

Other than not liking being told where I can go..

Your system won’t really work. Home BL for one is likely to be alpine for another. So based on your system, you can’t get into you own home BL until you’ve queued all of the other maps?

So a server that can queue two maps, takes your home BL.

Maybe I am missing something here...

And if this is the case, so much for spreading people out from being in a blob..?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Other than not liking being told where I can go..

Your system won’t really work. Home BL for one is likely to be alpine for another. So based on your system, you can’t get into you own home BL until you’ve queued all of the other maps?

So a server that can queue two maps, takes your home BL.

Maybe I am missing something here...

And if this is the case, so much for spreading people out from being in a blob..?

it's not a rule. it's a suggestion. because most activities happen in eb. for us in lower tiers anyway, eb is home. so, other maps, we do take care of but most numbers are in eb.

also you don't need to be a blob - you can have multiple teams doing something and rallying to help each other if there's a need. in lower tiers, to fight higher pop servers - concentrating the force in one map is beneficial but it doesn't mean zerging. you can hit multiple areas, you can hit the blob from different angles, etc. etc. you can siege/steal/havok.

it's not really a ppt thing for us lower tier pop servers. >3<> @Optimator.3589 said:

EBG IS home BL for Mag natives.

in a way yes. and it's fun fighting mag. i hope they'll miss us. damn you for pushing us to t4.

@Aeolus.3615 said:EB is a bad map design when Anet tough they could make all player be happy ktrain empty or small groups... with placebo updates one after another one.

it's the sm. :3 to bad that place lags hard. but is fun - the only thing that has no precence of the keep but has such a nice view and lucky mystic toilet.

I like invading on alpines.gliding, and warriors unlimited stability killed desert as the entire point of cliffs is pushing people off "especially those dumb bunker builds", less people go there giving that server an advantage.ebg was always where scrub commanders went to practice, and where noobs went to learn wvw.

@"avey.4201" said:I like invading on alpines.gliding, and warriors unlimited stability killed desert as the entire point of cliffs is pushing people off "especially those dumb bunker builds", less people go there giving that server an advantage.ebg was always where scrub commanders went to practice, and where noobs went to learn wvw.

EB is also where you'd go when you don't have a lot of time after work to play and just need to get into some big fights in short order and don't want to spend the whole time playing peekaboo with a handful of nerds on the other servers or crash into ninja blobs trying to rush cap bay or something. Border lands if you have a shitty computer or lag a lot, otherwise you just read all of the maps and float around all over.