Let's bring this one up for the billionth time?... Dyeable Backpacks..

basil.9532

The community has been asking for this since year uno.

So many back items are just... well... to be completely frank, ugly. The color schemes in most back items do not match anything that looks decent and are mostly never used for this reason. It would be like putting a Dora the Explorer backpack on the hobbits from Lord of the Rings through the entire journey to destroy the ring...

I don't know anyone who is against this... I'm sure they exist, but I haven't met anyone who says, "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!..... NO!... TERRIBLE IDEA!...".It's been brought to the attention of the staff at Arena Net on multiple occasion over the years.Can we at least have a explanation as to why everyone who mentions is this is ignored and if this could eventually be a possibility?

Another thing that might be nice would be dyeable affects of legendary trinket effects, or at least a portion of them. Having the color of your choice for the orbs and glow of them would be wonderful to have it match what you are wearing. Or perhaps just adding the function to turn the effect off if we can't dye them.

They’ve already explained why it can’t be done. Someone will post the links to the dev explanations very shortly I’m sure. It’s not a case of being ignored, it’s a case of there is nothing new to add to a statement they’ve made previously.

Edit: someone already posted links above whilst I was typing

"It’s extremely hard to alter the engine so backpacks are dyeable. As far as the engine is considered, backpacks are considered items (like weapons) and gliders are considered effects. The engine needs to be fundamentally altered from the ground up to allow for item dye channels. It’s not impossible, but not easy. "

No one suggested that instead of changing the the entire engine, change the backpacks to be viewed as effects instead of items? And how is armor not an item but a backback is an item? Give backpacks an armor value of 1 and problem fixed? its now armor?

Just some thoughts, thanks for the responses.

@"basil.9532" said:"It’s extremely hard to alter the engine so backpacks are dyeable. As far as the engine is considered, backpacks are considered items (like weapons) and gliders are considered effects. The engine needs to be fundamentally altered from the ground up to allow for item dye channels. It’s not impossible, but not easy. "

No one suggested that instead of changing the the entire engine, change the backpacks to be viewed as effects instead of items? And how is armor not an item but a backback is an item? Give backpacks an armor value of 1 and problem fixed? its now armor?

Just some thoughts, thanks for the responses.

To be fair, if was that simple they’d just do it. I doubt anyone would complain if backpacks suddenly became dyeable as a result.