What elementalist spec are players solo roaming in WvW with these days?

Wraistlin.6072

I usually use arcane+air+weaver fresh air scepter/focus (or staff). Regular FA build that can be found practically anywhere. Strong burst, decent mobility, range, good cc (single target/aoe based on weapons), very slippery but very squishy and vulnerable to conditions as well as more mobile and tanky builds. Basically kill fast or hope you have enough tools to run away.

I'm not exactly good at roaming, but the ele I'm playing looks like this:

Gear: Full Marauder (except weapons, which are berserker)Runes: x6 Rune of the DolyakSigils: Force, ImpactWeapons: Sword + Dagger

Traits:Water: Soothing Ice, Cleansing Wave, Cleansing WaterAir: Ferocious Winds, Raging Storm, Fresh AirWeaver: Master's Fortitude, Bolstered Elements, Woven Stride

Utilities:Signet of Restoration, Lightning Flash, Twist of Fate, Primordial Stance, Fiery Greatsword

This is a hodgepodge of my PVE gear combined with the free ascended stuff I got from fractals. So far, the build does O.K. It requires a lot of skill, and in general it loses the spacing fight against stuff like Dragonhunters. However, it has a lot of power, a lot of movement, it's attacks hit in a wide area, and it gives pretty good chase. I have won a few 1v2s with it.

Since I'm running damage sigils, I have to take Water in order to cleanse conditions. There's particularly good synergy with Cleansing Water and Woven stride, which allows me to instantly cleanse the first disabling condition I get, and then the next one every 3 seconds. The additional speed helps, too. Air for sword is, IMO, a necessity, since it allows me to quickly swap to off-hand skills, and to a daze + teleport skill. The additional damage and fury this gives is also excellent for downing people. Master's Fortitude is obvious. Bolstered Elements gives me the much needed stability in order to ensure that my enemies die.

The utilities are also fairly obvious. I change heal skills regularly, since I can never be satisfied with one. I stick with Fiery Greatsword because it gives me a ranged option, alongside of additional mobility and area denial. I can never get into the elite stance, and Fiery Greatsword has won me many fights single handed before. When I am with a group, I switch to fire staff and change to all DPS traits.

Overall, I am very satisfied with its performance. My greatest criticism is that I can't solo a tower lord yet, but I'm sure there's some combination of utilities and traits that would make it possible. I just... don't get many opportunities to try.

gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwkYRMImJm6WbvOA-zRRYVhxGNQZkZCUaBo2ss1LA-eHere's my favorite build. I didnt put my accessoeries because honestly I don't remember, there's a bit of celestial marshal diviner ...D/D, Unravel, why ? Because Leaps/evade, because schoking aura, because more cc, because stronger hit with range and 360 radius. Unravel is very underated, it allows to proc Elements of Rage, chain combos, and have fast access to water to cleanse and heal, etc. It's a bit clunky to use at start, not useful with many builds, but mandatory with d/d.There are some pro and con compared to sword but basically I win more fights. The rare encounters I can't fight are good BoonBeasts LB/GS with so much stab, cleanse, range, stealth, block (it's insane that sustain)... and some good deadeyes with so many TP and stealth that I just can't block/evade nor closegap, whether they don't have BS anymore or armor and I kill them in the second or they teleport everywhere, stealth, spam #2 riflle... In short, strong range builds with strong mobility.
Mirage, it depends if they are full traiblazer or not.

• 1 month later...

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwkYRMImJm6WbvOA-zRRYVhxGNQZkZCUaBo2ss1LA-eHere's my favorite build. I didnt put my accessoeries because honestly I don't remember, there's a bit of celestial marshal diviner ...D/D, Unravel, why ? Because Leaps/evade, because schoking aura, because more cc, because stronger hit with range and 360 radius. Unravel is very underated, it allows to proc Elements of Rage, chain combos, and have fast access to water to cleanse and heal, etc. It's a bit clunky to use at start, not useful with many builds, but mandatory with d/d.There are some pro and con compared to sword but basically I win more fights. The rare encounters I can't fight are good BoonBeasts LB/GS with so much stab, cleanse, range, stealth, block (it's insane that sustain)... and some good deadeyes with so many TP and stealth that I just can't block/evade nor closegap, whether they don't have BS anymore or armor and I kill them in the second or they teleport everywhere, stealth, spam #2 riflle... In short, strong range builds with strong mobility.

Mirage, it depends if they are full traiblazer or not.

Geeze, I thought I was the only D/D Unravel fanboy out there. Your D/D Weaver build's identical to the one I've been pedaling around the forums, youtube, & reddit - only thing I would change with that build you linked is to swap a trait in water, mainly soothing ice>piercing shards. Then swap your energy sigil on your dagger to cleansing. You'll pick up pretty significant damage bumps, applying vuln to people with primordial stance is easy to do, and the added 10% or 20% bonus damage really compounds with vulns bonus damage well. (you can also use a Frailty sigil to increase vuln output) and the cleansing sigil is really strong in wvw, making up for the lost clears from ditching cleansing wave.

Been experimenting withTempest, however I've seen a lot of very godly weavers that can stand a 3v1 vs a condi mirage and a DPS ranger and a DH. Cleanses and barrier for days, awesome heal and very mobile (perma 25 stacks might too). Focus on OH as they had the projectile block. They would port in with an attack ready and nail like 3/4 hp. I want to know what god mode build they were running.

• 1 month later...

@EUmad.7645 said:d/d core, water fire , arcana . really strong . For me it is really near to the level of sword weaver meta as build . Ele is one of the few professions in which core is not far from elites .

playing this since month... ( its like the old from 2013 but stronger )you can win against medium skilled players up to high skilled players.but when you meet top level players you will probably lose - because you get countered by many builds.you lose against:

• holos ( you can bring them down to 25% HP and then they stealth -> healing turret -> full life -> repeat..... ZzzzZZZZ )
  • spellbreakers ( they steal your boons.. everytime / very boring fight - most time i run away )
  • cancer condi tank boon beasts ( dont know.. red bars going down... cant do much against it)
  • specific skilled reapers ( same as cancer beasts... red bars going down.....or its a never ending story...)
  • VS every decent dare devil and dead eye ( you can't reach them / they perma evade you)
  • against standard fire weaver (they do more damage than you, can heal better than you, have more fire damage than you - only less range and little less CC and little less burst damage -> most time its a never ending story)

I prefer this build in duo / small scale.