Will Upgrade Extractors still work with Equipment Templates?

Will Upgrade Extractors still work with the gear you have equipped or will have to unequip it each time you want to swap upgrades with Upgrade Extractors on, let's say, a set of ascended gear? (It would be an immense hassle and very time-consuming to have to unequip everything first, since the equipped items are "linked" to the equipment storage etc.)

Also, will the items I remove upgrades from be removed from any other templates they are used in?

Furthermore, on a slightly different note, what if I use the same ascended armor set with one type of Runes and Infusions in one template and others in another template (via the Endless Upgrade Extractor)? Will those upgrades be destroyed each time I select the other template's tab? Or will the armor set be unlinked and placed in my inventory each time I do this?

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Will Upgrade Extractors still work with the gear you have equipped or will have to unequip it each time you want to swap upgrades with Upgrade Extractors on, let's say, a set of ascended gear? (It would be an immense hassle and very time-consuming to have to unequip everything first, since the equipped items are "linked" to the equipment storage etc.)

Also, will the items I remove upgrades from be removed from any other templates they are used in?

Furthermore, on a slightly different note, what if I use the same ascended armor set with one type of Runes and Infusions in one template and others in another template (via the Endless Upgrade Extractor)? Will those upgrades be destroyed each time I select the other template's tab? Or will the armor set be unlinked and placed in my inventory each time I do this?

You will have to have 2 diffrent set of ascended so they wont mess with eachother at all.

The only things that are linked are legendaries. ( armor weapon and runes/sigils)

@Linken.6345 said:You will have to have 2 diffrent set of ascended so they wont mess with eachother at all.

You don't know that, you've not tested this yet. It could as well be that one version of the set gets unlinked from storage if another template is using the same set with different upgrades. Your logic would make Upgrade Extractors pointless with the new templates, and that would be an outrage - I paid a lot of gold for an Endless Upgrade Extractor.

The only things that are linked are legendaries. ( armor weapon and runes/sigils)

No offense, but I would prefer a dev to answer my questions. They are the only ones who know for certain. Unless I missed something in the video stream.

Notice, that it working as you want it to work would make the endless extractor even more pointless. Once the single ascended gear set with multiple rune choices got linked to other gear tabs with different rune choices in each, you could be able to switch the runes without using extractor at all. How ridiculous would that be?

I got the impression from the video that, while anything can be linked across two gear tabs, they will have the same attributes, infusions, and upgrades, unless the item has the ability to change them freely (like legendaries). Since it involves the use of an external item (even though it isn't consumable), I'm guessing the EUE doesn't count as "freely".

That said, I don't know that you would have to unequip it to use the EUE -- do you have to unequip it on equipment slots right now, as they stand? Most likely, it would be the same with gear slots, it's just that whatever change you made would propagate across all linked slots.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Notice, that it working as you want it to work would make the endless extractor even more pointless.

You might have misunderstood how I want them to work. First of all, I want them to work, period, and not being rendered 100% useless by this new feature. Second, I want them to work without too much of a hassle, e.g. without having to drag armor sets out of the the template back in my inventory in order to be able to use Upgrade Extractors on them.

I would be more than happy if I had to save the same version of the armor (i.e., with the same upgrades) in both tabs, then - upon using the extractor in one of them - it leaves the second version blank as well until I apply the other upgrades. That would leave their functionality as it currently is. Anything else would add more work and time than before to the task of exchanging upgrades via the Extractor (or the danger of having upgrades destroyed).

I just want to know the actual status quo so I can plan ahead of time.

@perilisk.1874 said:do you have to unequip it on equipment slots right now, as they stand?

Nope.

Most likely, it would be the same with gear slots, it's just that whatever change you made would propagate across all linked slots.

That will hopefully be the case. I'd just like official confirmation.

it looks like it would work the same.

gear templates, are multiple pages of ur currently equipped gear and are more like switching tabs between currently equipped gear.

but affecting one item linked, will affect all your templates with that particular gear.

on your second question.. you will not be able to have 2 templates of your linked ascended gear with different runes. you would need legendary runes to do this.

@"Taygus.4571" said:it looks like it would work the same.

It can't be "the same" per se, as there is no precedent for having the same piece of non-legendary equipment in two templates with different upgrades in them.

gear templates, are multiple pages of ur currently equipped gear and are more like switching tabs between currently equipped gear.

but affecting one item linked, will affect all your templates with that particular gear.

I really, really hope so. It would be the only good (and logical) way to handle this.

on your second question.. you will not be able to have 2 templates of your linked ascended gear with different runes. you would need legendary runes to do this.

I know this. Hence the question whether removing upgrades from one template would leave the second template blank of upgrades (as it should be). After all, you can place the same gear in two templates, so what happens when you remove the upgrades from one of those templates?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Taygus.4571" said:it looks like it would work the same.

It can't be "the same" per se, as there is no precedent for having the same piece of non-legendary equipment in two templates with different upgrades in them.

There still wont be

I really, really hope so. It would be the only good (and logical) way to handle this.

I know this. Hence the question whether removing upgrades from one template would leave the second template blank of upgrades (as it should be). After all, you
can
place the same gear in two templates, so what happens when you remove the upgrades from one of those templates?

and you'd have the same rune, thats connected to that gear in both templates...unless its ledgie runes.. so removin it from one, removes from all...because its the same gear...

@Taygus.4571 said:so removin it from one, removes from all...because its the same gear...

As I said before: I hope that's how it's going to work, as nothing else would make sense to me. I just want an official confirmation that this (and the whole Upgrade Extractor issue) has been taken into account and that we won't run into any sort of trouble there. :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I have a endless extractor and I have to unequip armor every time.

Stop spreading misinformation.
You don't.
You can open the Extractor and pull the piece you want to extract from straight into it
from your equipment window
. You don't have to unequip anything.

Yes you do. Nothing shows up otherwise.

Oh. Directly from the equipment slots. Never tried that.

FYI: No need to get all defensive.