Suggestion: Inventory stacking to shared slots

Aye.8392

I have several shared inventory slots and I keep quite a few keys in those slots -- Exalted Keys, crowbars, machetes, trade contracts -- things that I want to have with me no matter which character I am playing. It would be a good QOL improvement if those items automatically stacked into the shared slots. That is, if I have crowbars or trade contracts drop I would like them to sort into the shared inventory slot that already houses trade contracts instead of having to move them around manually.
It is by no means a big deal, but it would be a nice change.

I had no idea they didn't already auto-stack. I've never used my shared slots for anything that would stack. Always thought it'd be nice to carry around stuff like keys, but could never justify the cost of the slots for that sort of thing.

Would definitely be a nice QoL change to have stuff stack up there.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Likely don't stack because of how they were coded. I'm thinking that shared slots are very similar to bank slots which would cause them to not auto-increment like inventory slots would.

I'm sure you are correct, yet if I have a bank tab open I can double click an item in my inventory and it will auto stack with what is already in the bank. I'll have to check and see if that happens with the shared slots.

@Aye.8392 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Likely don't stack because of how they were coded. I'm thinking that shared slots are very similar to bank slots which would cause them to not auto-increment like inventory slots would.

I'm sure you are correct, yet if I have a bank tab open I can double click an item in my inventory and it will auto stack with what is already in the bank. I'll have to check and see if that happens with the shared slots.

Agreed, I have to manually merge two stacks of identical items into shared inventory slots, not so with bank slots.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, they act more like Guild Bank slots. They are definitely not like regular Inventory slots.

I was just getting ready to post that (you ninja!) :tongue:

They do act like guild bank slots and possibly for some of the same reasons? Your personal inventory slots are “owned” by one char. Account wide slots are on all your chars at the same time. So the coding might be like guild banks rather than banks or personal inventory to handle being on multiple chars at once.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, they act more like Guild Bank slots. They are definitely not like regular Inventory slots.

Guild bank slots are a bit different. They have to account for the situation of multiple people trying to act on the same slot at the same time. Your own bank and shared slot doesn't have to deal with that because you aren't allowed to be logged into the same account multiple times.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Guild bank slots are a bit different. They have to account for the situation of multiple people trying to act on the same slot at the same time. Your own bank and shared slot doesn't have to deal with that because you aren't allowed to be logged into the same account multiple times.

True. But the coding might be different from regular inventory slots to allow them to be on all chars at the same time. So that they may be coded more like guild bank slots than regular inventory slots for that reason.

Edit: they might in essence be one unit guild bank slots.

@Aye.8392 said:I have several shared inventory slots and I keep quite a few keys in those slots -- Exalted Keys, crowbars, machetes, trade contracts -- things that I want to have with me no matter which character I am playing. It would be a good QOL improvement if those items automatically stacked into the shared slots. That is, if I have crowbars or trade contracts drop I would like them to sort into the shared inventory slot that already houses trade contracts instead of having to move them around manually.

I agree. When getting new trader's keys in the Crystal Desert, I have to manually place them in my shared inventory slot to stack them with the rest.

Why do you keep trade contracts in your shared inventory? Those can be consumed to add them to your account wallet. Honestly I've been wondering why they gave us consumable trade contract items. It's just more unnecessary clicking.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@Aye.8392 said:I have several shared inventory slots and I keep quite a few keys in those slots -- Exalted Keys, crowbars, machetes, trade contracts -- things that I want to have with me no matter which character I am playing. It would be a good QOL improvement if those items automatically stacked into the shared slots. That is, if I have crowbars or trade contracts drop I would like them to sort into the shared inventory slot that already houses trade contracts instead of having to move them around manually.

I agree. When getting new trader's keys in the Crystal Desert, I have to manually place them in my shared inventory slot to stack them with the rest.

Why do you keep trade contracts in your shared inventory? Those can be consumed to add them to your account wallet. Honestly I've been wondering why they gave us consumable trade contract items. It's just more unnecessary clicking.

You are completely right, I just wasn't thinking about the trade contracts -- those are wallet, not shared slot. I was really just trying to think of things that PoF players who didn't own HoT would recognize and I thought of Trade Contracts. Thanks for setting me straight.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

True. But the coding might be different from regular inventory slots to allow them to be on all chars at the same time. So that they may be coded more like guild bank slots than regular inventory slots for that reason.

Edit: they might in essence be one unit guild bank slots.

That... actually makes sense.When not using them for shared gear, I had at first used them for keys. It would be lovely to not have another piece of inventory to manage. It isn't even like you can click them from regular inventory to shared. If they're at the bottom of my 150 slot inventory... move 'em on up. At the moment it's better to just keep keys in the top of the normal inventory bag, and move them into the shared slot before switching characters.Anyhow, it's a minor gripe for me, but a legitimate one. Though these things cost an arm and a leg, and a couple of toes. Would love to see this changed at some point.

Archived