wvw community needs to be implemented as official.

Sovereign.1093

@LetoII.3782 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:the top 10 blob guilds left

how is this concerning to the suggedtion? :)

You're the last wood league ppt'erWhy don't you assume you're the greatest and leave it at that.

it is a compliment that you assume me to be so. =) but id prefer anet's official thing. and the website shows no ppt. but anet could put such.

@luizplayer.1250 said:LOLa lot good guilds dont play anymore whats the point to be in top 10 and to implement a new feature to a dead gamemode , for like 3~5 guilds that really are competing, cause if u check the site right now, only 5 guilds above 1000 kills, rest bellow and same value so ....

what is that to me? those who stay matters. =)> @SWI.4127 said:

Yeah that site is not a good measure of much. Just who has played the most out of the very limited amount of people who actually signed up. An official version might be cool though, where you could compare yourself to the entire userbase.

yes, im sure there are better scores out there. =)

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

To get kills easily, you just have to blob people down. It is just a pointless glorified leaderboard.

we don't have a blob though, but that's true> @hunkamania.7561 said:

You know it's bad when sovereign's guild is tops in kills.. Everyone must have quit the game.

:p meh, you all bags

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:poor sov, getting all beat up on.

I think it should show 3 stats: average kdr of guild, average size of that guild, and time played.

:) hehe must have been previous victims.

on a serious side though. need to bust the ssdd of gw2

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

To get kills easily, you just have to blob people down. It is just a pointless glorified leaderboard.

This is the big problem with this kind of metric, and it's why anet can't reward ppk like they do ppt. It only encourages ppl to avoid fights they might lose, which is already one of wvw's biggest problems :(

@Gop.8713 said:

This is the big problem with this kind of metric, and it's why anet can't reward ppk like they do ppt. It only encourages ppl to avoid fights they might lose, which is already one of wvw's biggest problems :(

my suggestion is anet try to make it official. doesn't have to be ppk - could be ppt or what not or combo

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

my suggestion is anet try to make it official. doesn't have to be ppk - could be ppt or what not or combo

Apologies then, I was responding only to the thread, not the link . . .

This sort of thing may be a good idea for the game then, idk. I believe they have something similar in pvp? I still don't like it bc I would put this in the reward category, and I feel like the quality of play decreases as rewards increase, but the game isn't designed just for me . . .

So this is actually a thing... lol. That would explain why those top 2 guilds on that list have 0 interest in even fights. I've watched them constantly map-hop to avoid an even number match in favor of jumping on pug groups a lot smaller than them. I could never figure out why those 2 particular guilds did that, but now this makes sense.

I like the idea OP, I really do, but there needs to be restrictions on what counts and what doesn't. It needs to be implemented in such a way that kills do not count when you outnumber your enemy by 50% or more. So a group of 15 jumping on a group of 10 and killing them (which many of those guilds cant really do to begin with), wouldn't count towards kills. The match-up potential would have to be at minimum less than 50% greater than your enemy.

Whenever alliances come (if they ever actually do), I hope something like this is implemented, but with the restrictions that dissuade guilds from trying to attack smaller groups to buff their stats. It would certainly bring light to just how good (or bad) all of the guilds are, and the behavior they exude.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Apologies then, I was responding only to the thread, not the link . . .

This sort of thing may be a good idea for the game then, idk. I believe they have something similar in pvp? I still don't like it bc I would put this in the reward category, and I feel like the quality of play decreases as rewards increase, but the game isn't designed just for me . . .

it is supposed to entice players to try. :) and to focus on the guild. i mean you can't really take care of a server and have a meaningful connection with 300 players or more. but a good relations with 10 ppl? that's doable. hence why guild ranks not server ranks.> @DeadlySynz.3471 said:

So this is actually a thing... lol. That would explain why those top 2 guilds on that list have 0 interest in even fights. I've watched them constantly map-hop to avoid an even number match in favor of jumping on pug groups a lot smaller than them. I could never figure out why those 2 particular guilds did that, but now this makes sense.

I like the idea OP, I really do, but there needs to be restrictions on what counts and what doesn't. It needs to be implemented in such a way that kills do not count when you outnumber your enemy by 50% or more. So a group of 15 jumping on a group of 10 and killing them (which many of those guilds cant really do to begin with), wouldn't count towards kills. The match-up potential would have to be at minimum less than 50% greater than your enemy.

Whenever alliances come (if they ever actually do), I hope something like this is implemented, but with the restrictions that dissuade guilds from trying to attack smaller groups to buff their stats. It would certainly bring light to just how good (or bad) all of the guilds are, and the behavior they exude.

yes. :) and it shouldn't be just about pk. it can be everything in wvw. probably the total amount of wxp a guild makes a day or a week like this one. if a website can do it, anet dev can do it.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:So this is actually a thing... lol. That would explain why those top 2 guilds on that list have 0 interest in even fights. I've watched them constantly map-hop to avoid an even number match in favor of jumping on pug groups a lot smaller than them. I could never figure out why those 2 particular guilds did that, but now this makes sense.

I can speak only as a member of one of those two guilds you seem to know so much about. I will say we not ones to turn down even-numbered fights. So if you really think we are avoiding them, then contact me and we can set something up.

edit: Also I would just like to say, the main reason we are on that list is because we have a lot of members signed up lol. It's not from "hopping maps to avoid even fights". And I don't think we're great or anything just because we're on there. Like I said it's a measure of how many people you have signed up on the site, and how much time you play. That's pretty much it.