How do I make my Weaver less squisheable in Fractals and pve?

Makion.3457

Hi all!! Im playing a Weaver with Sword and focus, but I noticed that my dps was garbage and still very fragile, so I would like to ask for your help, how do I improve my chances to survive? Im using carrion equipment, rings accesory and weapons, runes of Balthazar for condi damage, traits water earth.

In PvE? Switch Sword/Dagger for better offense and condition damage maybe? Also you have a significant decrease in damage with earth/water. I would swap Water for Fire. The only good grandmaster trait in earth for pve would be written in stone, but it's kind of a waste if you only slot one or two signets. Fire/Air/weaver or Fire/Arcane/Weaver is more usefull I think, but for a condi build with burning+bleeding Fire/Earth can be a good choice too. But still, sword damage is intrinsically low; we're expecting a damage buff though. As for the rest, I avoid engaging more than 5 ennemies since sword skills have a max of 3 and requires you to practically stand on them.

For what game-mode are you seeking help? Elementalist and especially Weaver plays like completely different classes in the different game-modes.So far I can only give tips for PvE. I'm not much of a PvP player.

The most important lesson in PvE is that you're squishy no matter what you do. You can build for some sustain, but prolonging fights usually results in more mobs swarming you, leading to the same %health lost each second as a glass-cannon build. Still, I've played with celestial gear for some years and it makes you non-one-hit, gives you enough healing-power to just heal through most encounters and still does decent dps. More dps than a bad glass-cannon desperately trying to stay alive. About 2 years ago I've switched to full berserkers, which more than doubled my dps, but also raised difficulty considerably.

I realize that switching to a stat-combi that is as difficult to attain as celestial is not an optimal solution. Especially since it might not even suit your play-style. My tips for open-world PvE:

• Glyph of Storms cast with Earth-Attunement creates a pulsing blind-field. It makes most melee mobs completely harmless. If you have high enough dps to kill a veteran before the Sandstorm wears off, there is little left to fear in open-world.
  • Get some condi-remove. This is something Weaver utterly lacks unless you trait for water, so I usually use the sigill that removes a condition on weapon swap.
  • Learn your combos. Half your power or sustain comes from blasting fire and water fields.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMICtMg94CG5C8RgFBA7+VHr31Fby2wZIIAEKfAA-jxxHQBTY/Bcp+DAeAA0SPwsOBAZUJ4AV+BA-e (if somebody can tell me how to shorten link, please)This is my build in fractals when I have some support in the group. Although I switch up the final fire trates if there's somebody that can might stack. If not, I can get up to 25 stacks in like 10 seconds. Final shield on a 40something-seconds CD is a lifesaver. As in Arcane Brilliance when blasting it in the boss's face. As is water#2 blasted with arcana wave or if really low HP with Arcane Brilliance, can get to almost full HP from near death.You can switch up Arcane Wave with Cleansing Fire if you need some condi cleans.As for dps. Use Primordial Stance only when your fully attuned to either Fire or Earth. It's like a mini-overload. You can just run around and it melts everything.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMICtMg94CG5C8RgFWAr4ImBmAEJgDQA4eL3lLzA-jxxHQBz6EAkRlgDU5HAeAA0SPAuU/ZC7PAA-eAnd this is what I use when there's no support in a condi heavy fight. You sacrifice like 20-30% of your damage, but you group has permanent condi cleans.

PS: forgot to mention that sigil of energy is the best thing you can slot on one of your weapons.

Thats what I'm running for Open world PvE (haven't tested in Fractals yet): de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYnMICF5ilNA+4CM5iFBALIAEKPA3v6YdumoLkEqCA-jRSAQBA4BAQTlgD4EAESlYCc/BwoMIiq/8RlGBUPApA8TZF-e I can take on most enemy groups besides the new harpies, which still give me trouble if more than 2-3 are present. Despite having some defensive stats, the build still deals really good damage and is still forgiving enough that I won't die to small mistakes or simply blinking ;-)

Like some have already mentioned, Riptide's Water field is a great heal, especially when finished with blasts or leaps. Arcane Brilliance combos well with it for great burst healing (opposed to the healing over time from Signet of Restoration). Also, Woven Stride and Cleansing Water are great for Condi Cleansing and surviving in general. That Regen helps a lot.

Since you're already using Carrion, I suggest switching a few pieces with Rabid, Dire or maybe Celestial stat gear to get some toughness and see how that works.

@Altion.9576 said:Hi all!! Im playing a Weaver with Sword and focus, but I noticed that my dps was garbage and still very fragile, so I would like to ask for your help, how do I improve my chances to survive? Im using carrion equipment, rings accesory and weapons, runes of Balthazar for condi damage, traits water earth.

Keeping your gear as is, I'd look at something like this. Start in Earth/Earth and hit Obsidian Flesh on your way into the fight. You'll have time to close distance and will be invulnerable to those first few hard-hitting attacks. You can increase survivability with:

• Obsidian Flesh (Earth 5, invuln)
  • Lava Skin (Fire/Earth & Earth/Fire 3, barrier pulse)
  • Riptide (Water 2, heal/regen/evade)
  • Magnetic Wave (Earth 4, projectiles only)
  • Swirling Winds (Air 4, projectiles only)
  • Every dual-attuned 3 (procs weakness & barrier on top of other effects)

Survivability will help your DPS by default (anything beats downstate or no damage), but make sure to use Signet of Fire and Flamewall every chance you get. Those both cause a ton of damage.

If you want more survivability, replace Primordial Stance with Signet of Air (+25% speed for better closing, area blind+vuln, stun break) or Arcane Shield (invuln to next 3 attacks, stun break). Still more? Replace Weave Self with Glyph of Elementals (use Earth). Finally, replace the Elements of Rage trait with Invigorating Strikes to proc barrier and vigor.

@mygamingid.5816 said:

@Altion.9576 said:Hi all!! Im playing a Weaver with Sword and focus, but I noticed that my dps was garbage and still very fragile, so I would like to ask for your help, how do I improve my chances to survive? Im using carrion equipment, rings accesory and weapons, runes of Balthazar for condi damage, traits water earth.

Keeping your gear as is, I'd look at
. Start in Earth/Earth and hit Obsidian Flesh on your way into the fight. You'll have time to close distance and will be invulnerable to those first few hard-hitting attacks. You can increase survivability with:
  • Obsidian Flesh (Earth 5, invuln)
  • Lava Skin (Fire/Earth & Earth/Fire 3, barrier pulse)
  • Riptide (Water 2, heal/regen/evade)
  • Magnetic Wave (Earth 4, projectiles only)
  • Swirling Winds (Air 4, projectiles only)
  • Every dual-attuned 3 (procs weakness & barrier on top of other effects)

Survivability will help your DPS by default (anything beats downstate or no damage), but make sure to use Signet of Fire and Flamewall every chance you get. Those both cause a ton of damage.

If you want more survivability, replace Primordial Stance with Signet of Air (+25% speed for better closing, area blind+vuln, stun break) or Arcane Shield (invuln to next 3 attacks, stun break). Still more? Replace Weave Self with Glyph of Elementals (use Earth). Finally, replace the Elements of Rage trait with Invigorating Strikes to proc barrier and vigor.

I played and completed all the PoF maps using the carrion build with carrion gear and weapons with little dificulty, I even faced and defeated two silver mobs one time, but I get destroyed in fractal even with 154 AR, so im changing the carrion weapons and probably the armor for Sinister, if I hit harder then I wont need to clinge to vit stats in order to survive :)

@MrRay.3027 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMICtMg94CG5C8RgFBA7+VHr31Fby2wZIIAEKfAA-jxxHQBTY/Bcp+DAeAA0SPwsOBAZUJ4AV+BA-e (if somebody can tell me how to shorten link, please)This is my build in fractals when I have some support in the group. Although I switch up the final fire trates if there's somebody that can might stack. If not, I can get up to 25 stacks in like 10 seconds. Final shield on a 40something-seconds CD is a lifesaver. As in Arcane Brilliance when blasting it in the boss's face. As is water#2 blasted with arcana wave or if really low HP with Arcane Brilliance, can get to almost full HP from near death.You can switch up Arcane Wave with Cleansing Fire if you need some condi cleans.As for dps. Use Primordial Stance only when your fully attuned to either Fire or Earth. It's like a mini-overload. You can just run around and it melts everything.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMICtMg94CG5C8RgFWAr4ImBmAEJgDQA4eL3lLzA-jxxHQBz6EAkRlgDU5HAeAA0SPAuU/ZC7PAA-eAnd this is what I use when there's no support in a condi heavy fight. You sacrifice like 20-30% of your damage, but you group has permanent condi cleans.

PS: forgot to mention that sigil of energy is the best thing you can slot on one of your weapons.

Thank you! Ill try this one.

My solution was not playing weaver in specific encounters and most of the open world. Most of the time I play zerk tempest and whenever I feel like I have an enemy that isn't to chaotic I swap to weaver. Tempest has much better sustain. This is probably not exactly what you wanted, but it worked for me.

@extremexhero.9178 said:Also if still having issues you can take arcane abatement in arcane spec which gives healing everytime you swap attunement. This way you just constantly heal yourself with everything you do, if taking the healing signet.

Im trying a few build options that gives barrier over healing, kinda works but the sword low damage is not helping me survive xD

I've played Weaver for hours, and I've made a pretty good jack-of-all trades build (except condi) for Weaver. Arcane traitline gives you more dps with quicker attunement recharge and fury on attunement switch. It also gives you more sustainability with boons, attunement healing, and evasive arcana. Water traitline is mandatory for it's greater sustainability.

My Build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAsYnUMA14ilNAGOA8RgFWArIJm/qAEJgDQA4+K/lHzA-jxBFABppHoQ1fsS53VKBB4EAI3+DC8AAAA-e

Vids of me playing:

Some tips:

1. To do maximum dps, your objective should be to spam as much skills as possible. So change attunements and use all your dmging skills as soon as possible. Only use the #1 skill when waiting for the next attunement recharge.
  2. When using sword/dagger, primary attunement skills generally do more dmg than dual-attunement skills. Unravel is easily the best Weaver utility skill for giving you instant access to the primary-sword #3 skills, and also for helping you get to the next off-hand skills for when you really need them to CC and survive.
  3. Starting off with fire attunement is always a good idea. After that, switch to Air attunement for single-target dmg. Switch to Earth attunement for multi-target dmg. Switch to water attunement whenever you're in trouble and low on health.

If you are using Sw/d try to use these combos:

For might:earth/fire- fire#4 - earth#2 - Fire/earth - Fire#2 - earth#4 - earth#5 - fire/fire midcast - fire#3 - fire#5For heal:water/x - dodge (if you have EA) - water#2 - earth/water - earth#2 - dodge (if field is still up) - water#5For CC:Air/x - air#2 - earth/air - e/a#3 - air#5 - air#4 - x/earth (here you can mix with your might rotation) - earth#4

Those can be done including some other skills in between.

Archived