Is this bruiser damage? I think there needs to be a might limit in pvp. - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is this bruiser damage? I think there needs to be a might limit in pvp.

2>

Comments

  • Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lighter.5631 said:
    you talking about prot holo? where he tanks tons of stuff and has 25 might and does kitten tons of damage?
    yea i think that build is more cheese then rifle elixir holo and need tone down, i think prot holo needs to do less damage then rifle elixir

    Wrong, rifle Holo has been proven to do way more damage than proto. They are also forced to be melee which puts them in way more risk than it's ranged counterpart. They also have less cc unless they slot for it. Proto is focused on holding a point and cleansing, rifle elixir is raw burst.

    Can you actually play the kitten specs before typing. Would appreciate it. We already get enough blasphemy being spouted from these 'plat' players.

    ~ Signed,
    A still bitter tempest main

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    If they cast from stealth where is the warning?

    The counter play to PLB is it is telegraphed (jUsT D0dGe l0l), so how about we address the OPs point here.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

    @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    If they cast from stealth where is the warning?

    The counter play to PLB is it is telegraphed (jUsT D0dGe l0l), so how about we address the OPs point here.

    I think most people agree that activating PLB should unstealth you. It's a fair nerf. Keeps the uniqueness of PLB while also allowing counterplay.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:
    This thread is complaint about holo disguised as a complain about might.

    There are many skills that do similar damage or much more and can potentially leave you open to or set up further bigger damage.

    Are there similar skills yes. But by far this skill is by far the biggest offender by a large margin. Not to mention that holo has multiple CC skills as well.

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    Activating any kind of skill should reveal the caster. No exceptions.

  • Dave.6819Dave.6819 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019

    Meanwhile Thief backstabs for 5k dmg. GG. Epic assassin-type class backstab.

    Thief: But i'm teef. We were supposed to be strong and cool and quick and deadly u know?
    Anet: Hold my beer. Imma steal your glory and bury u for good now.
    Thief: Wut the....?!

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dave.6819 said:
    Meanwhile Thief backstabs for 5k dmg. GG. Epic assassin-type class backstab.

    Now now, if ur running DE and build up malice than pop assassin sig u can get 16k and as far as the community that means that's what all thief builds pull dps wise on backstab lol. I don't kno it's not a huge set up but in today's version of the game a lot of the specs can match that or surpass it with less set up. Some can cc u and if their cc is successful they'll pull that dps in a matter of seconds while ur cc'd lol. A glassy thief doing it is a no no. Makes sense.

  • mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

    Where's that thread where someone said DH Deflecting Shot is stronger than Prime Light Beam.... LOL

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arkantos.7460 said:
    yez prime holo beam needs indeed some serious nerfs ... no more unblockable for sure
    also holoneeds his stabi ripped off

    Removing the unblockable or delaying the beam would be nice.

  • Dave.6819Dave.6819 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Dave.6819 said:
    Meanwhile Thief backstabs for 5k dmg. GG. Epic assassin-type class backstab.

    Now now, if ur running DE and build up malice than pop assassin sig u can get 16k and as far as the community that means that's what all thief builds pull dps wise on backstab lol. I don't kno it's not a huge set up but in today's version of the game a lot of the specs can match that or surpass it with less set up. Some can cc u and if their cc is successful they'll pull that dps in a matter of seconds while ur cc'd lol. A glassy thief doing it is a no no. Makes sense.

    Exactly. U gotta trait pure glass with zerker amu and even sacrifice utility slot for signet... Meanwhile other classes don't need to sacrifice and trait for pure glass to pull out such dmg. Idk.. it's a sad situation for thief. I've been waitin and waitin for anet to atlast buff up thief but so far i'm kinda forced to play ESO or even Destiny 2 now that it's f2p. And condi thief is not an option for me. I won't ever play condi on assassin type class. As much as i miss gw2 i just .. can't. Been checkin out every balance patch trying to be hopeful but yea.. maybe next balance patch. Or maybe next next next balance patch i'll be able to play. Or probably never will be able to play. ^^

    Thief: But i'm teef. We were supposed to be strong and cool and quick and deadly u know?
    Anet: Hold my beer. Imma steal your glory and bury u for good now.
    Thief: Wut the....?!

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

    @Dave.6819 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Dave.6819 said:
    Meanwhile Thief backstabs for 5k dmg. GG. Epic assassin-type class backstab.

    Now now, if ur running DE and build up malice than pop assassin sig u can get 16k and as far as the community that means that's what all thief builds pull dps wise on backstab lol. I don't kno it's not a huge set up but in today's version of the game a lot of the specs can match that or surpass it with less set up. Some can cc u and if their cc is successful they'll pull that dps in a matter of seconds while ur cc'd lol. A glassy thief doing it is a no no. Makes sense.

    Exactly. U gotta trait pure glass with zerker amu and even sacrifice utility slot for signet... Meanwhile other classes don't need to sacrifice and trait for pure glass to pull out such dmg. Idk.. it's a sad situation for thief. I've been waitin and waitin for anet to atlast buff up thief but so far i'm kinda forced to play ESO or even Destiny 2 now that it's f2p. And condi thief is not an option for me. I won't ever play condi on assassin type class. As much as i miss gw2 i just .. can't. Been checkin out every balance patch trying to be hopeful but yea.. maybe next balance patch. Or maybe next next next balance patch i'll be able to play. Or probably never will be able to play. ^^

    Man I played 3 matches last night on gw2 before heading to cyrodiil for rest of the night and all 3 ranked matches were 4v5 luckily in my teams favor but the game doesn't even have the population to fill 5v5 lol. I'm pretty sure gw2 pvp is unfortunately actually dying out. I'm gonna be giving AA unchained ago but if it's not as good as eso I think I'm gonna just stick to eso. I think it's time to stop waiting on the devs to proper balance their rogue class as even if they do pvp prob won't exist in this game by then lol

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.