Ouch. Instant 7k burn ticks — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ouch. Instant 7k burn ticks

Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

was getting hit for 5-7k burn ticks from range tonight (didn't have time to count the stacks), if it got covered by other condis then down I went before I could cleanse enough of them.

Couldn't tell which class was applying it (it's not an ele skill or a mortar hit) but boy that hurts!

Another fine example of the wonderful work the balance team is doing....

And before you ask i'm a 20k hp tanky tempest ele atm.

<1

Comments

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

Yeah i think so too, but looks like the recent 'balance' patch has made a certain build very OP to get getting those sort of numbers .

It's when they are 'hidden' by a number of other players or a scourge etc that it's a real pain duillyn, or when playing a few against a few, as they can down a player really fast. One vs one it's not an issue for me but combined with covering condis it's a real wrecker in small scale.

I would hope that the balance team realises and looks at it sooner rather than later but I expect it will get adjusted in 6-12 months at the earliest! 3-4k ticks I can cope with (even those are way too much really from a balance point of view) but when it hits 6-7k HP becomes an issue real fast:-)

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was actually getting hit by those numbers before the balance patch, like maybe around 3-5'ish months? I just remember during that time on and off there were people testing burn guard stuff. I also remember figrin running around with his lil burninator asura.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

yeah for some reason they buffed burn guard in the zeal trait line. it was already pretty kitten strong, no idea why they gave it a buff. symbolic power is what its called.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

it'll be burnbrand... I can do 20k aoe if under the right circumstances.

it all comes down to virtues trait line... every 3 procs is an aoe burn, combine that with f1 skill 5 and an aoe skill like skill 4 in f1 and you got yourself a barbeque.
    spam burn mantra for bonus points and add more aoe.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

not many prepare to cleanse condi. :/ nor dodge.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

this likely is a bug

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

Video or I dont buy it.

When roaming there is no class that can suddenly dump burns at such range you cant even see what does it, heavy hitting attacks are over a long period (10-15s) and doesnt come anywhere near 5-7K instant ticks. Ranged burn guards have some pretty obvious hints they are there... like the huge swinging swords... and roaming burn guard that can quickly reach roflstomp burns are melee.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

It's most likely burn core guard or firebrand equivalent for that matter. I've been for the past couple months occasionally hopping on it just to troll zergs that set up catas/rams that clunk together mindlessly. It's surprising getting a bunch of downs and 70% cata health left in one burst. Rinse and repeat. It's pretty situational; against pugs it wrecks but against organised zerg/guild groups you're basically useless.

• While I don't know what kind of buff zeal is supposed to have got with this patch (rather there's been a nerf to burst potential with Eternal Armory) which helps builds like this, people need to get in several hits to cause 5-7k burning. It usually happens if people allow freecasting into their zergs. But in cases like that about anything will kill such players, be it meteor storms, phase smashes etc etc. With all the 1/2-shot power damage stuff going on some condi is not excessive since it requires people not paying any attention and not caring about cleansing enough.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have been picking up burn guard over hammer rev slowly over the past month.

Its my small way of saying

"I guess CoR wasn't so bad after all was it..."

I mean, I can do 8k CoR on 1-3 people periodically or I can do 5k+ burn tics plus modest damage on 3-5 people every second with some minor splash. And at least with burn guard people can't be like "no defense against it !" when I can just say, "but, perma resistance = no damage taken ! ". Yup, can only die to a burn guard while zerging if your zerg is worse or the enemy scourges are actually doing their job stripping boons. Can't blame the burn guard.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• If a zerg has a few dedicated cleansers this is not an issue anyway. Throw in some scrappers, tempests, even spellbreakers (there's awesome cleansing now!) and all is good. Stand around like muppets while people stand on top of structures AoEing into you? Not nice things will happen to you.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zephyra.4709 said:
    It's most likely burn core guard or firebrand equivalent for that matter. I've been for the past couple months occasionally hopping on it just to troll zergs that set up catas/rams that clunk together mindlessly. It's surprising getting a bunch of downs and 70% cata health left in one burst. Rinse and repeat. It's pretty situational; against pugs it wrecks but against organised zerg/guild groups you're basically useless.

this guy knows.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019

@RisenHowl.2419 said:
    Remember, burn guard is a meme build that just can't perform against groups that cleanse. Every group that dies to it cannot cleanse, that's the rule of the forums =D

not on vabbi.org = not viable
    '+ you dont stick to the com
    '+ clouding is an unfair coward behavior

Pls stop spreading and advertising builds that are fun to play, thx ;)
    Otherwise I feel obliged to call the meta police :p

It's not really used against zergs, we were having some random fun outside EB SM gates (no squads, etc) about 5-8 players a side when I noticed it. On it's own not a problem but covered by several other condis and it was painful- he kept getting people downed as by the time people noticed the burn applied 1-2 seconds and down if they didn't cleanse. As I said earlier, used to be 3-4k but 6-7k is just too much.

In a zerg I doubt we'd even notice it being applied with the cleanses we pump out.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

Superior Sigil of Generosity is your friend. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Generosity)
    Since I'm not always in an organized guild squad, cleansing can be spotty. Slotted one into my Hammer, and since Rev's have pretty much perm-100% crit, haven't looked back since.

• Anput.4620Anput.4620 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Baldrick.8967 said:
    was getting hit for 5-7k burn ticks from range tonight (didn't have time to count the stacks), if it got covered by other condis then down I went before I could cleanse enough of them.

Couldn't tell which class was applying it (it's not an ele skill or a mortar hit) but boy that hurts!

That moment when a guardian can apply a single condi without cover up condis and it doesn't get cleansed.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Anput.4620 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:

That moment when a guardian can apply a single condi without cover up condis and it doesn't get cleansed.

This is what happens when your zerg cleans for you. You can't clean for yourself anymore.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

@Zephyra.4709 said:

This.

Love the build. Run Risen Howl's DH build occasionally or when in publics. Works wonders against PUG zergs and groups. Not very useful against people with brain and coordination. In huge blob fights where effects fly left and right, you can do some serious damage if the enemy blob is slow.

How to best practice against burn guard? Go through path 2 of Caudecus Manor up until you meet Bridgette (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bridgette). Her Sword of Justice attack was changed alongside the past spirit weapon change and will pretty much instant down you if you decide to not dodge it. Fight her a bit until you either get bored of dying to her or get a hang of how to dodge Sord of Justice. Now take that new found knowledge to WvW and win.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:

As I said, it only was a problem when covered by other condis- my build has a lot of cleanses.

Might even try the build myself for a bit of trolling when it's quiet.

• Anput.4620Anput.4620 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:

This is what happens when your zerg cleans for you. You can't clean for yourself anymore.

@Baldrick.8967 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:

As I said, it only was a problem when covered by other condis- my build has a lot of cleanses.

Might even try the build myself for a bit of trolling when it's quiet.

Burn guard has like no coverup at all.

@Anput.4620 said:

Seriously, did you even READ the OP's post???? Does that sound like a 1v1 situation to you?

You are either purposefully trolling, or are just really good at doing so unintentionally...

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

Seriously, did you even READ the OP's post???? Does that sound like a 1v1 situation to you?

You are either purposefully trolling, or are just really good at doing so unintentionally...

There's a few of us still devoted to not pushing bad gimmick builds onto unsuspecting noobs. Scepter/longbow DH is a terrible idea for general use WvW

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• JusticeRetroHunter.7684JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

Our guild raid was bested by a burn guard build on reset.

I actually had an idea for running a burnbrand raid a while back. It seems like ultimate fun....20 burnbrands all spamming Tome1,1 and instanhealing each other lol

What was exactly buffed last patch to make it so potent now? More so then before?

edited October 7, 2019

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    What was exactly buffed last patch to make it so potent now? More so then before?

Nothing really. The nerf to Antitoxin is a factor, but this burn guard build was effective even before that. Since burning is the 'burstiest' of condis, you can't let it tick the way you can other condis, and that it can be so easily applied to people who are stacked together makes it pretty brutal if you don't react fast enough.

@LetoII.3782 Actually that's why I don't see this as a gimmick build. It only wrecks you if you let it, and so, it gives players an opportunity to improve their awareness while in a zerg. "Stack up on tag" while you are sieging walls isn't the best strategy. While ranged DPS should always be looking to neutralize threats on the wall / surroundings, counter disables, etc, this gives them another boogeyperson to watch for.

edited October 7, 2019

Antitoxin rune nerf (and a few other ezcleanses) plus a general lack of game knowledge paired with not knowing what the red things on your boon bar do.

• @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Nothing really. The nerf to Antitoxin is a factor, but this burn guard build was effective even before that. Since burning is the 'burstiest' of condis, you can't let it tick the way you can other condis, and that it can be so easily applied to people who are stacked together makes it pretty brutal if you don't react fast enough.

@LetoII.3782 Actually that's why I don't see this as a gimmick build. It only wrecks you if you let it, and so, it gives players an opportunity to improve their awareness while in a zerg. "Stack up on tag" while you are sieging walls isn't the best strategy. While ranged DPS should always be looking to neutralize threats on the wall / surroundings, counter disables, etc, this gives them another boogeyperson to watch for.

Ah okay. Ya I just looked over the patch notes again so ya nothing really seemed to change about the build.

Ya at first a bunch of pugs went down around my tag so I’m like “iigh lemme go Rez. Big mistake. As people started going down trying to Rez more people were going down. Pretty obvious trap in hindsight.

edited October 7, 2019

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Yeah, not letting the aoedps free cast is pretty basic. I call it a gimmick because it's very easy to counter but strong against the ignorant. The gimmick: a single condi stack that will kill in three seconds. Should that be a problem for anyone but maybe revenant?
    I've played a lot of burn guard, and many variants... It's just so very meh in anything but a situation where ANY decent DPS will perform well.

• @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Have always wondered why Guardian is constantly slipping by unnoticed. Probably because as I'd said previously; people don't like having their power taken away from them, that's why Necro is often the target for the most complaints. Receiving power however... Might be why Guard is allowed to be so diverse with core, Dragonhunter and Firebrand, able to provide significant support, withstand a lot of punishment, deal incredible damage and frequently avoid nerfs. All specs are powerful with core and Firebrand represented in high tier PvP and various areas in WvW, Dragonhunter to a lesser extent but still not to be ignored.

I'm not suggesting Guardian and all of it's specs are "secretly" overpowered. I am however pointing out that because each of it's specs are relevant and powerful enough to compete with others without relying on gimmicks, it might be time to start dialing some things back a bit. I feel like people want to give Guardian a free pass because in groups it keeps them alive. That's entirely a matter of perspective however, I don't actually know why it isn't complained about more.

Anyway, yes I've noticed the massive Burn stacks as well. I agree that particularly in 1v1's or on a large scale with lots of cleanses the Burns aren't as much of a threat. But I don't see why they're allowed to almost instantly stack enough of them to burst your health down, seemingly just because they lack cover conditions? If ANet wants Guardians to have more condition build options, that's fine. Stacking everything on an entire condition though, probably not a great idea. Would much rather Firebrand's support gets slapped around a few times first though. I can live with meme-y Burn builds but Firebrands need to start getting the same treatment as Scourges.

Lol, what?

I think you mean FB and not guard. And you wont find much of DH in any upper level PvP. Burn guard core can do some nice ticks, but it's sustain is garbage, and 1vs1ing a core burn guard on my power core guard and I always win, most of the application are from easy to see skills or a big sword with aoe mark on the ground. The application is NOT instant, stop with the hyperbole. FB however has much more sustain than either core or DH by orders of magnitude. The burn builds even for FB are troll, its about casting on pug groups, which is where it works wonders. As they don't cleanse, nor do they dodge out of a giant spinning sword, casting up or down off of walls is a great example of this, and wall of reflection, where pugs will mindlessly cast into it applying burning to themselves.

Stay out of the spirit weapon sword cast and don't cast into wall of reflection and you just cut out 90% of their burning ticks.

Even the video someone posted shows this, all of his fights are vs people who are already in a fight and they let him free cast, or are so brain dead they wont even move out of the sentry circle because ktrain. Notice the aware people who end up killing him in the end of the videos who didn't cast into the wall, and dodged the spirit weapon, they had burning ticks of a whopping 250-600.

Now, nerf away if you want, I don't play it, I play power builds, and I don't die to the burn builds either. So I have no skin in the game, but the burn builds are a troll one trick pony

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

edited October 7, 2019

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:
    most of the application are from easy to see skills or a big sword with aoe mark on the ground. The application is NOT instant, stop with the hyperbole. FB however has much more sustain than either core or DH by orders of magnitude.

Oh, there is a build that can drop 12 burn stacks instantly, but it's not Risen Howl's build. She's seen me and a few others use it.

But otherwise agree

• @LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:
    most of the application are from easy to see skills or a big sword with aoe mark on the ground. The application is NOT instant, stop with the hyperbole. FB however has much more sustain than either core or DH by orders of magnitude.

Oh, there is a build that can drop 12 burn stacks instantly, but it's not Risen Howl's build. She's seen me and a few others use it.

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

This.

Love the build. Run Risen Howl's DH build occasionally or when in publics. Works wonders against PUG zergs and groups. Not very useful against people with brain and coordination. In huge blob fights where effects fly left and right, you can do some serious damage if the enemy blob is slow.

How to best practice against burn guard? Go through path 2 of Caudecus Manor up until you meet Bridgette (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bridgette). Her Sword of Justice attack was changed alongside the past spirit weapon change and will pretty much instant down you if you decide to not dodge it. Fight her a bit until you either get bored of dying to her or get a hang of how to dodge Sord of Justice. Now take that new found knowledge to WvW and win.

This...This is great advice +100

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

edited October 7, 2019

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

Hmm I did stick it in a few old videos. I'll go dig one up I guess. But I can describe HOW easy enough: radiance, traited torch/zealots flame. Ignite zf, start throw instantly judges intervention, zf reignites and throw again...

It's a duelling build, not so great at zergs, which is why she's seen it.

About the 3min mark, tho I don't think I dropped a double (can't tell on phone)

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had a good ol burn build. was fantastic back in the day

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• @LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

Hmm I did stick it in a few old videos. I'll go dig one up I guess. But I can describe HOW easy enough: radiance, traited torch/zealots flame. Ignite zf, start throw instantly judges intervention, zf reignites and throw again...

So it works once. If that, as if I see someone running torch I am going to assume burn build right off anyway.

Because after that, anyone you are dueling will slot a single cleanse and remove it or just dodge/block the JI. As it's a dead giveaway what you are doing when you ignite ZF, as JI has to be timed, so you need to pop ZF, throw zealots fire and JI in 3 seconds, as thats as long ZF is active for, so once you throw it, JI is coming fight after. Fought this build before, often times all 4 of them (zealots flame, zealots fire, JI and auto proc ZF if you crit) can all be evaded with one dodge.

Its a build that depends on the other person not knowing what you are running and catching them off guard, or them being of a low skill level.

edited October 7, 2019

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

So it works once. If that, as if I see someone running torch I am going to assume burn build right off anyway.

Because after that, anyone you are dueling will slot a single cleanse and remove it or just dodge/block the JI. As it's a dead giveaway what you are doing when you ignite ZF, as JI has to be timed, so you need to pop ZF, throw zealots fire and JI in 3 seconds, as thats as long ZF is active for, so once you throw it, JI is coming fight after. Fought this build before, often times all 4 of them (zealots flame, zealots fire, JI and auto proc ZF if you crit) can all be evaded with one dodge.

Its a build that depends on the other person not knowing what you are running and catching them off guard, or them being of a low skill level.

I didn't recommend the build, just exhibited it's existence. There was much less cleansing 3 years ago. I'm firmly in the "burn guard is a bad idea" camp currently.

• SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Have always wondered why Guardian is constantly slipping by unnoticed. Probably because as I'd said previously; people don't like having their power taken away from them, that's why Necro is often the target for the most complaints. Receiving power however... Might be why Guard is allowed to be so diverse with core, Dragonhunter and Firebrand, able to provide significant support, withstand a lot of punishment, deal incredible damage and frequently avoid nerfs. All specs are powerful with core and Firebrand represented in high tier PvP and various areas in WvW, Dragonhunter to a lesser extent but still not to be ignored.

I'm not suggesting Guardian and all of it's specs are "secretly" overpowered. I am however pointing out that because each of it's specs are relevant and powerful enough to compete with others without relying on gimmicks, it might be time to start dialing some things back a bit. I feel like people want to give Guardian a free pass because in groups it keeps them alive. That's entirely a matter of perspective however, I don't actually know why it isn't complained about more.

Anyway, yes I've noticed the massive Burn stacks as well. I agree that particularly in 1v1's or on a large scale with lots of cleanses the Burns aren't as much of a threat. But I don't see why they're allowed to almost instantly stack enough of them to burst your health down, seemingly just because they lack cover conditions? If ANet wants Guardians to have more condition build options, that's fine. Stacking everything on an entire condition though, probably not a great idea. Would much rather Firebrand's support gets slapped around a few times first though. I can live with meme-y Burn builds but Firebrands need to start getting the same treatment as Scourges.

Lol, what?

I think you mean FB and not guard. And you wont find much of DH in any upper level PvP. Burn guard core can do some nice ticks, but it's sustain is garbage, and 1vs1ing a core burn guard on my power core guard and I always win, most of the application are from easy to see skills or a big sword with aoe mark on the ground. The application is NOT instant, stop with the hyperbole. FB however has much more sustain than either core or DH by orders of magnitude. The burn builds even for FB are troll, its about casting on pug groups, which is where it works wonders. As they don't cleanse, nor do they dodge out of a giant spinning sword, casting up or down off of walls is a great example of this, and wall of reflection, where pugs will mindlessly cast into it applying burning to themselves.

Stay out of the spirit weapon sword cast and don't cast into wall of reflection and you just cut out 90% of their burning ticks.

Even the video someone posted shows this, all of his fights are vs people who are already in a fight and they let him free cast, or are so brain dead they wont even move out of the sentry circle because ktrain. Notice the aware people who end up killing him in the end of the videos who didn't cast into the wall, and dodged the spirit weapon, they had burning ticks of a whopping 250-600.

Now, nerf away if you want, I don't play it, I play power builds, and I don't die to the burn builds either. So I have no skin in the game, but the burn builds are a troll one trick pony

I'm not specifically talking about burn builds, I'm talking about the entire class being relevant regardless of spec and each of them having competitive and in some cases OP builds.

FB is the primary culprit, yes. I may not have expressed myself properly so I understand the accusation of "hyperbole." The point is that many classes have only one or two specs within their class that are capable of diverse roles. Core Guardian doesn't offer much in a zerg scenario but DH and FB are both good supports ( and please don't think I'm suggesting that DH can compete with FB, because I'm not. I'm saying with the proper build, it can provide perfectly viable support ) and each spec can compete in small scale, roaming, PvE and high tier PvP.

I did also say "I can live with meme-y burn builds." Meaning I'm not bothered by them but I do acknowledge they're not to be ignored in a standard pug zerg.

I'm not going to start a petition to have Guardian ( meaning each of it's specs, so we're on the same page ) nerfed in to oblivion but I would love to see more discussions on how to bring it more in line since they never seem to arise. It's in the same boat as Necromancer in that it can have such a massive influence on a group even as a singular player that it can be the difference between success and failure. And I think that's a testament to just how strong the class has become.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019

Had some good times this weekend on burn guard. Was running it as core but dumping radiance for dh was a solid choice. That 5 second block field is sooooooo much better than field of the mists.

One issue I have is not being able to run down thieves and other zergling pests. Not my problem anymore though as I just follow the tag like a good little zergling.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

Yeah notice that completely invisible assault where the targets never knew what hit them before they died.

That was the crux of the OP, not just 7K burn ticks.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

I read this way too many times in the wrong way and laughed

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:
    this likely is a bug

Wvw doesn't have bugs, just unintentional features..

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

Happy little features

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

Yeah notice that completely invisible assault where the targets never knew what hit them before they died.

Well, it is somewhat invisible.
    If you don't know what's up at first you'll only see a tiny little amount of damage.. If you don't catch the little red icon on your buff bar with the 12 on it. It's only a second later that 10k health evaporates.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

If you don't know what's up at first you'll only see a tiny little amount of damage.. If you don't catch the little red icon on your buff bar with the 12 on it. It's only a second later that 10k health evaporates.

But by then the guard is in melee range and quite noticeable.

Again, the OP had no idea even what class did it...

Which to me imply it wasnt a class, rather a zerg scenario and multiple attackers.

edited October 8, 2019

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

Which to me imply it wasnt a class, rather a zerg scenario and multiple attackers.

My bet is the OP was standing next to a kitten ranger and got a permeating wrath stack. The reflected arrows do aoe burn when they hit an ally

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

But otherwise agree

Video/link to build?

If you read my previous, you will notice we were having an unorganised small scale outside one of the EB gates.

And as I didn't see who applied it as I was rather too busy trying to cleanse the covering conditions from the necro..thought I'd post on the forums and check. So noticing that little red icon buried in amongst the other 1002284547 red icons and other clutter on the screen wasn't all that easy...

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019

Time to make more friends.

Nerfs to cleanses resulting in already niche-functional condition bombs becomming appearant to everyone, who would have guessed? :)

These forums are unlikely to talk about the real problematic ramifications of the changes, like how conditions are far less cross-scale balanced than power is, where more conditions will result in a harder time for smaller groups to engage larger groups with an end result of less content and more splits or entrenchment. That is in an environment that is already plagued by massive population balance issues, divisions in the playerbase and entrenchment into different subsets of content. People will not see that here since these forums have devolved into some random monkey getting hit by some random ability who goes to start yet another nerf thread. Then people cry about the balance team (with some right) but they do everything they can themselves to lead the discourse away from what actual balance is B) .

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.