map placement

So i saw in a youtube video where someone had their map in the upper right, and wondered if I could move it around. Not quite sure how I did it but now my map is stuck in the upper right corner - not only that but the top part is a little offscreen so I can't see it. How can i get it back where it was, as no amount of clicking and poking seems to do anything but expand and contract horizontally?

If you hover the mouse over the map a bar appears down the right side with buttons to let you zoom in or out, find the next story step and set it to turn with your character or stay the same way up. If you move the mouse over the empty part of that menu bar (which may be difficult to do if your map is very short) the icon changes into a hand and you can use it to click and drag the map up or down the screen.

If your map is set to the minimum height possible there won't be a visible gap between the buttons - in that case put the mouse just below the zoom out (minus) button. Or go down to the bottom edge and use the mouse to resize the map slightly so you can find it.

Unfortunately there's only two options for where you can place it - top or bottom of the right side of the screen. There's no way to move it anywhere else.

@"rng.1024" said:I've moved it a few times myself, and this step is way more of a hassle than it ought to be.

It is not. There is nothing to "find", simply do this:

@Danikat.8537 said:If you hover the mouse over the map a bar appears down the right side with buttons to let you zoom in or out, [...]. If you move the mouse over the empty part of that menu bar [...] the icon changes into a hand and you can use it to click and drag the map up or down the screen.

This. :+1:

• 6 months later...